Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil (1081 Views)

Del Bosque To Continue As Spain Boss / Del Bosque And Spain’s Title Victory Puts José Mourinho To Shame / Vincente Del Bosque: Messi Deserved The Golden Ball Not Forlan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil by Nnamdig2(m): 12:01am On Nov 22, 2013
Our Reporter November 21, 2013 1 Comment »
From IKENNA OKAFOR, Johannesburg

Spain national team Coach, Vicente del Bosque has declared the Super Eagles as a major threat to oppositions, following the African champions great
outing against the Azzurri of Italy on Monday
In an exclusive chat with Daily SunSports at the Soccer
City Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa, Del Bosque
revealed that he watched the Super Eagles international friendly and described it as world class.

“When I saw Nigeria on television, I was stunned because they showed their real worth. I knew we didn’t
play them with their full squad at the Confederations
Cup in Brazil. They are full of surprises, but we will be
ready to square up against any team at the World Cup”

Despite the lone goal defeat handed to the la furia roja
by Bafana Bafana, Del Bosque stated that the tour of
Africa had been a lesson well learnt, while revealing that he would not mind to play Nigeria at the group stage in 2014 World Cup.
“We played two matches, won one and lost the other.
We are happy about our performance but goalkeeper
Valdes injury is more painful than the defeat to South
Africa”
“We would not mind to be in the same group with
Nigeria. They defeated us in 1994 and they have a great team now again. They are coming to the World Cup as African champions, so you have to give them the respect. They have good players. I believe they will be strong and tough to beat.”

Spain will be at the World Cup as reigning European and
World Champion. They were unable to add the FIFA a
confederations cup to their trophy cabinet as they were
trounced 3-0 by the winners, Brazil.

Re: Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil by Forzap: 3:41am On Nov 22, 2013
Mtcheeeew,dis wan jest dey whine naija
Re: Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil by Tolexander: 4:43am On Nov 22, 2013
“We would not mind to be in
the same group with
Nigeria. They defeated us in
and they have a great
team now again.
well, to err is human!

Nigeria never played spain in USA '94 but France '98 where we defeated spain by 3 goals to 2 which was our first match in the tournament.
Re: Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil by Goke7: 8:39am On Nov 22, 2013
The defeat Nigeria gave spain at France 98 is still painful to spain, they knew some key players were absent at the confederations cup hence they still want to revenge that defeat.
Re: Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 22, 2013
Nigeria is a great football nation. They should not underestimate themself. Am very sure Nigeria will defeat Spain whenever they clash.
Re: Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil by Allohrandy(m): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
Spain defeated us in the confederation cup. I don't want them in our group because Spain will win us
Re: Del-bosque : Nigeria’ll Be Tough In Brazil by Ajibel(m): 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
And we didn't even start with our first 11 against Italy. Let's meet Spain again, I'm sure we'd come out with a positive result

(1) (Reply)

Sepp Blatter Wins FIFA Presidential Election, David Cameron & Platini Not Happy / Man City Midfielder Nasri: Everyone Knew FIFA Was Corrupt / Hot 2 Odds Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.