Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz (5419 Views)

****is This The Most Rugged Ride Ever Made**** / Please Help Me Choose Between Golf 3 And Nissan Almera 1995-1998 / Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey And Nissan Quest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz by billtommy(m): 1:38am On Nov 22, 2013
Pls, which is d strongest, engine wise, body wise, maintenance wise, general rugedity wise and purchasing cost wise for transport business. All manual drive
Re: Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz by ziccoit: 5:45am On Nov 22, 2013
I see more Golf 3 on the road for the purpose you mentioned than the others. Not to mention the fact that people use it a lot as a personal car. It is rugged. Low cost of maintenance and easy to handle by mechanics not necessarily VW mechanics are added advantages.

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz by billtommy(m): 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
Thanks
Re: Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz by MOBBDEEP: 11:55am On Nov 23, 2013
You need to appreciate the fact that there many other qualities or parameters to assess when considering a car for taxi service apart from ruggedness. They may even be more salient e.g
Fuel Economy especially in the city as against highway
Running Cost
Haulage Capacity
Reliability
Breakdown index / frequency
Durability.

Baring no unrectified nor unidentified faults, this is my take :

GOLF MK III
Fuel economy depends on the engine capacity which ranges from 1.4 - 3.0 L though the commonest are the 1.6 & 1.8 L. I will give 6/10.
Major review sites noted its being prone to electrical problems though more with the Automatic.
Rugged but not as the MK II model.
Inner decor & materials can endure and take enough beatings for a long time with significant residual appeal.
Has the largest boot space among the 3 and the back seat can easily be collapsed to increase space.
Over all, I will give 6/10 and if you can get the 1.4L, the score moves up to 7/10.

Nissan Almera
Decent fuel economy with model's engine capacity ranging from 1.3 - 2.2L though the commonest are the 1.4-1.6 L.
Nice interior decor and materials with wears & depreciation similar to MKIII.
Rugged & very stable
Fair boot capacity
Maintenance cost quite low and engine can take a lot of abuse.
Pay a lot of attention to timing belt/chain and also the headlamps.
I will root for this in my opinion because it is an all-rounder for me.
Of course, my score is 8/10

Nissan Micra
Nothing mobile beats the fuel efficiency except perhaps, tricycles ( Keke Napep ), Power bikes or the hybrid cars. Most come with engine capacity of 1 - 1.2L.
Maintenance cost is cheaper.
But boot space is small.
Will be difficult to carry 3 over-sized passengers.
Low ground-clearance compared to the other 2 which makes it difficult in a flooded or uneven terrain.
But then it's reliability is quite unbelievably high which probably makes it the best and most-trusted brand car choice for the teeming city taxi-driver population of Ibadan metropolis.
Overall, I will give 7.5/10.

I hope I have not confused you more cos too much info seem to confound knowledge-seeker

5 Likes

Re: Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz by billtommy(m): 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
MOBBDEEP: You need to appreciate the fact that there many other qualities or parameters to assess when considering a car for taxi service apart from ruggedness. They may even be more salient e.g
Fuel Economy especially in the city as against highway
Running Cost
Haulage Capacity
Reliability
Breakdown index / frequency
Durability.

Baring no unrectified nor unidentified faults, this is my take :

GOLF MK III
Fuel economy depends on the engine capacity which ranges from 1.4 - 3.0 L though the commonest are the 1.6 & 1.8 L. I will give 6/10.
Major review sites noted its being prone to electrical problems though more with the Automatic.
Rugged but not as the MK II model.
Inner decor & materials can endure and take enough beatings for a long time with significant residual appeal.
Has the largest boot space among the 3 and the back seat can easily be collapsed to increase space.
Over all, I will give 6/10 and if you can get the 1.4L, the score moves up to 7/10.

Nissan Almera
Decent fuel economy with model's engine capacity ranging from 1.3 - 2.2L though the commonest are the 1.4-1.6 L.
Nice interior decor and materials with wears & depreciation similar to MKIII.
Rugged & very stable
Fair boot capacity
Maintenance cost quite low and engine can take a lot of abuse.
Pay a lot of attention to timing belt/chain and also the headlamps.
I will root for this in my opinion because it is an all-rounder for me.
Of course, my score is 8/10

Nissan Micra
Nothing mobile beats the fuel efficiency except perhaps, tricycles ( Keke Napep ), Power bikes or the hybrid cars. Most come with engine capacity of 1 - 1.2L.
Maintenance cost is cheaper.
But boot space is small.
Will be difficult to carry 3 over-sized passengers.
Low ground-clearance compared to the other 2 which makes it difficult in a flooded or uneven terrain.
But then it's reliability is quite unbelievably high which probably makes it the best and most-trusted brand car choice for the teeming city taxi-driver population of Ibadan metropolis.
Overall, I will give 7.5/10.

I hope I have not confused you more cos too much info seem to confound knowledge-seeker

Am not really confused.......you said u wud prefer I use nissan almera for d transport biz, u gave it 8/10 with its likely faults....as well as micra*roomy factor*......but u never gave a disadvantage of VW 3.....and for d record.......am gonna be getting a manual drive of any of the 3....to save maintenance cost.
Re: Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz by MOBBDEEP: 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2013
billtommy:

Am not really confused.......you said u wud prefer I use nissan almera for d transport biz, u gave it 8/10 with its likely faults....as well as micra*roomy factor*......but u never gave a disadvantage of VW 3.....and for d record.......am gonna be getting a manual drive of any of the 3....to save maintenance cost.

I did Sir!
I said it is proned to developing electrical issues easily.
The shocks are also known to develop faults easily
Road noise is high
Of the 3, it has the heaviest weight 1-1.2tonne which means the dragging force will be high.
Averagely, it has the least fuel efficiency out of the 3 ( ~25/26 city - 32/33 highway mpg )
Re: Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz by billtommy(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2013
MOBBDEEP:

I did Sir!
I said it is proned to developing electrical issues easily.
The shocks are also known to develop faults easily
Road noise is high
Of the 3, it has the heaviest weight 1-1.2tonne which means the dragging force will be high.
Averagely, it has the least fuel efficiency out of the 3 ( ~25/26 city - 32/33 highway mpg )

Thanks a bunch, really appreciate you!
Re: Nissan Almera, Golf 3 And Nissan Micra, Which Is Most Rugged For Transport Biz by dgitrader(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2013
If its strictly for taxi services, go for golf II, you will never regret it. Its parts are everywhere amazinly cheap and the repairs and mentainance can be done even by roadside mechanics. The fuel economy is very good and similar to micra. Try and get 1.6 liter engines . Its your best bet in terms of space, strength, and appearance. For electrical issues, mobbdeep is on point, but no car is perfect, its up to d owner.
I have a golf i use mostly for long journeys, but its mk3, so i speak from esperience
BTW, an important factor to also consider is the condition of roads in your state! Up north, cos of better roads, golf 2 and 3 are the popular choice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? / Cost Of Private License Plates??? / My Car Tour From Lagos To Enugu (007 in Action)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.