Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" (1563 Views)

Vsat Installations and Wireless/wired Hotspot Service Free Demo / Bright Explosion On Moon Visible From Earth, NASA Says / This Bomb-proof Wrist Watch Can Withstand Any Type Of Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by spinna: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
Explosions have been reported to be rocking the Ikeja area of Lagos Nigeria. The State House and Secretariat are being evacuated. A witness sent in this video.(warning-fx )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NhxDCCKUbY
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by nedu2000(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
So the person that recorded the video,just so happens to have his phone or camera on & pointing to the exact direction of the blast moments before it happened,coincidence?
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
nedu2000: So the person that recorded the video,just so happens to have his phone or camera on & pointing to the exact direction of the blast moments before it happened,coincidence?

Coincidence? I doubt it.
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by chimex38: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
Aigbofa:

Coincidence? I doubt it.
supported
there is sometin meaty goin on
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by shevon: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
lol... Y'ol have been arranged on a seat without legs. Una no see say the thing be like Nollywood movie flick?
It's a fake! angry

1 Like

Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Could it be Boko boys handwork or an accident? I pray for no loss of life.Maybe someone is indirectly burning files to cover evidents
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by nedu2000(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
I would also 'ave expected the motorists to the left to swerve by virtue of instinct as soon as the explosion occurred,therefore its a fake
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by bloggernaija: 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
a kid showing off his first smart phone.
Stupidas post
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by doctokwus: 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
This little boy or girl,be careful.Rumor mongering attracts severe penalties in some developed countries& nigeria's bayelsa state has a law against it& very soon d whole nation.U may just b looking at a severe jail term& wen it happens don't tink Seun wud defend u.
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by spinna: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sorry for pulling your legs guys.. your initial belief is the greatest compliment you could pay. M soo touched cry

...bloggernaija no, a smart phone cant do this ...

...good eye nedu that is the major flaw of the shot..but u don chop am initially...

...docto i think rumour mongering on social media is still ok..misinforming authorities e.g police is an offence infact prably 40 percent of social media stories are misleading wth hdlines like "Bleep goes topless" meanwhile she's only wearing a tube top. severe jail term for what offence..found ur post rather rude, but i understand u were upset. smiley

anyways the essence of the entire post is to showcase my sfx editing (definitely not my best) if you guys know anyone who needs a movie edited with specialfx please holla.

Once more apologies for being misleading mae'unanovex o!
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by gerald09(m): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
spinna: Sorry for pulling your legs guys.. your initial belief is the greatest compliment you could pay. M soo touched cry

...bloggernaija no, a smart phone cant do this ...

...good eye nedu that is the major flaw of the shot..but u don chop am initially...

...docto i think rumour mongering on social media is still ok..misinforming authorities e.g police is an offence infact prably 40 percent of social media stories are misleading wth hdlines like "Bleep goes topless" meanwhile she's only wearing a tube top. severe jail term for what offence..found ur post rather rude, but i understand u were upset. smiley

anyways the essence of the entire post is to showcase my sfx editing (definitely not my best) if you guys know anyone who needs a movie edited with specialfx please holla.

Once more apologies for being misleading mae'unanovex o!
Hey was up, loved ur fx. I own a visual fx studio in Abuja am puttin a team of effect guys together my email is info@fxmaximus.com. Send me a sample of ur portfolio. My website is www.fxmaximus.com. Check it out if u like what u see den holla back.
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by texazzpete(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
spinna: Explosions have been reported to be rocking the Ikeja area of Lagos Nigeria. The State House and Secretariat are being evacuated. A witness sent in this video.(warning-fx )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NhxDCCKUbY

1. This has nothing to do with Politics, it's posted in the wrong section

2. After the Ikeja cantonment bomb blast and the resulting stampede that killed hundreds, you'll come under accusation of insensitivity by simulating bombs going off in Ikeja. Another location would be more politically correct.
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by spinna: 7:49am On Nov 25, 2013
tex..
@1...noted

@2...

Your 2 comment makes me realise that If you try to please everyone or think of everyone then you won't move an inch and some peeps will still accuse you of idleness or blocking the way(ie criticise).Of course i don't condone just acting recklessly or without consideration 4 others ... I mean, the cantonment bomb blast didnt even remotely cross my mind...how long ago was that? besides i don't think a video could ever cause a similar stampede simply because nobody will run or even panic unless they see real fire.

@Gerald thanks! but ur site didn't open...
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by texazzpete(m): 9:18am On Nov 25, 2013
spinna: tex..
@1...noted

@2...

Your 2 comment makes me realise that If you try to please everyone or think of everyone then you won't move an inch and some peeps will still accuse you of idleness or blocking the way(ie criticise).Of course i don't condone just acting recklessly or without consideration 4 others ... I mean, the cantonment bomb blast didnt even remotely cross my mind...how long ago was that? besides i don't think a video could ever cause a similar stampede simply because nobody will run or even panic unless they see real fire.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying this video will cause stampedes. I'm saying that to some, simulating explosions in Ikeja (i know they are merely visual effects) could be a sensitive issue. It's like making a movie in the US where someone flies a plane into buildings.

I'm sorry if it comes out like I'm being critical of your work. The effects are pretty well done. Thumbs up!

PS: Only thing to add realism...taxis and Okadas continue moving along the road without any interruption. You'd expect more debris, smoke and of course a massive disruption of the traffic moving in front of the buildings. Cars will likely spin out and startled riders will fall down. Perhaps you'd be best served using a deserted road.
Re: Visual Effect Demo "Explosion In Lagos" by spinna: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2013
Thanks a lot Tex for your encouragement , i understand exactly what you mean now - no worries smiley

... yes it could be staged .. to have all the cars swerve, spin and bash on cue .. the people fling themselves to the ground!...now THAT would be something wouldn't it?

we'll get there soon . This is what i like to call the "New Nollywood Movement"

Nollywood producers/directors mae'una holla @ me for ur fx shots.

(1) (Reply)

Defying The Laws Of Physics ; Immovable VS Irresistible Forces / Planet X Is Real. / '' Completely Hacked!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.