Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,462 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone (4913 Views)

The Best Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria (october 2013) / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / Recommended Mobile Anti Virus For Tecno Android And Other Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by paranorman(m): 5:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hello y'all.

Went through a thread on FP 'bout google's andriod, must confess 'tis really cool; especially for the 'non-phone geeks.' some of y'all wouldnt want to take this thread personally- thats an advice. This might come in handy for those of us that pay attention to lil detail and specs; d real 'phone geeks.' ....some of y'all already know this anyway. Here we go:

You ought to be living on planet Mercury if you haven’t heard of the most popular low end smartphone rave in Nigeria and other emerging economy.

I am referring to the techno android phone popularly referred to as chinko phone in some quarters touted as a stunning cheaper low end android phone, the reviews and patronage from users in general have been quite impressive and positive.

So positive that, I had made up my mind to continue to patronize the brand for as long it exist. But ever since my first and second experience with the techno android phone, i have come to realize it’s not what I actually needed due to some of it shortcomings.

Techno N3 and other subsequent techno android phones may have sold millions of units in Nigeria alone, enticed many users who probably are using Android phones for the first time, but common on believe it or not, Techno android phones are not the best android phone brand for you ,so I will be detailing you withfew reasons why you should not buy techno phonesinspite of its low price.

1. OTA UPGRADE

Presently,techno phones lack lacks OTA updates for their Android phones and therefore lack the ability to upgrade the inbuilt operating system .

If there are major bugs in the Operating system, Tecno most probably has no way of fixing that for the masses ’cause it can’t deploy OTA fix updates.

One is stuck on Android 4.1 Jellybean and thus should not dream of ever getting version 4.2 or 5 (Key Lime Pie) on the device
For folks who cant do without rooting, flashing and tweaking their android devices, they stand the risk of bricking their device and having to pay Tecno to fix it for them. (Rooting a device in almost 100% of cases voids your warranty with that manufacturer) .

2. LOW QUALITY BATTERY

the kind of battery that is befitting of multitasking smartphone such as android phone should be such that can withstand the multitasking capabilities,but unfortunately,techno ANDROID has failed woefully in that aspect.
If you are the type that play games and browse a lot am sure you won’t want to buy a phone that has a weak battery like blackberry.From personal experience,it seems the battery strength of some of the first tecno android running on lower android has a better battery coare to the likes of .So if you are a phone addict you can not do without his or her phone for some minutes,then tecno android phone is actually not for you

3. SIMILARITY OF PRODUCT

Do i need to write much on this? i guess no,if you know tecno andriod phones very well,you will agree with me that virtually of of their new releases are all the same with virtually no improvement.The only difference is just the name and little difference in the built.So why would you waste your money buying a brand that care less users satisfaction?

4. Some Other reasons

You expect to get other genuine reasons not to buy a techno android phone from me?,i think i have said t all,so its over to you now.Go ahead ans share your thought,why you won’t advise one to get a techno android phone and other experiences you have had with the tecno brand of product

Disclaimer
The content of this post is only the writer’s own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of the general techno users.So atteackers take note.

Doubt if this will make FP.
its kinda an 'anti-techno' thread. Hehehehe. Y'all know what i'm talkin 'bout, dont y'all?

http://ebimablog.com/2013/11/5-reasons-buy-cheap-android-phone.html
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by physise(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
wat do u expect frm a cheap droid?anyway prepare urself for tecno fans
tecno fans coming in 3 2 1 0 tongue
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by drajjay: 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
damn its cheap that's why we buy it.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
T H R E A D C L O S E D.
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Drniyi4u(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
"Tecno", not "Techno"

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by NEROSKY(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
dude before i proceed lemme thank Tecno for makin me know Android , I don't use tecno anylonger but i prefer Tecno to any BB devices, I know values of phone , i love tru colour with crisp display, Good graphics n hardcore gaming, i also pimmp androids for my vicinity guys(because am the best in my area)I upgrade n also root,,, that's why i have switch to Sony Xperia's to Google Nexus4 (the beast) Note: no matter how trendy this thread can go, it won't make frontpage, becos Seun [size=17pt]has earned big from Tecno, so take note... (i stand to be corrected grin)[/size]

OTA UPGRADE
Dude you're so right about this, if tecno want be used by those who know what phones can realy do, they should be upgradeable, for instance, I was using Xperia U dat came with 2.3 Gingerbread, as soon as BBM hit d market, i upgraded to 4.0 IceCream Sandwich which can only install BBM... If they fail do this quick it will really take long for the world best mobile development forum XDA n GsmArena to recognize their brand

LOW QUALITY BATTERY
Guy on this you're very much wrong, they even do better than must big brand names on android Arena, Check L3 for example that came with 2400Mah , it last longer than two days on a normal use (I bought dis device for someone)

SIMILARITY OF PRODUCT
You're on point here, they do similar phones & the most annoying part of this is their 512 RAM's .. they make good mid-range and kill it with 512 RAM's thank God they've stoped making phones with 2g only grin

Bottom Line: If you don't have money to buy high end phone go for Tecno..Is for those who just receive calls, browse n play low end games.. becos am sure if you're a phone geek or you really know & knows what phone can do, you won't even need a prophet to tell you what to do or which kind of device you deserve

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by 2NDACCT(f): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
ABEG MAKE PESON BRING 1 CUP OF GARRI FOR THIS OGA
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by paranorman(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
Drniyi4u: "Tecno", not "Techno"
i got you bro. Thanks. Cant believe i made that mistake.
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by paranorman(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
2ND ACCT: ABEG MAKE PESON BRING 1 CUP OF GARRI FOR THIS OGA
for who na? Why?
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Enegod(m): 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
2ND ACCT: ABEG MAKE PESON BRING 1 CUP OF GARRI FOR THIS OGA
grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Lionbite(m): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
Oga go sitdown, shey me that i worked as a labourer at sites you are expecting me to pack 20k to buy phone. Android is the latest trend now and i dont want to carry last in mah society but i got little money and alas! Tecno solved mah problem. So even if its bbm it can download i like it dat way. Probably your dad dey work at chevron or he is PDP chairman that's why you dey run mouth.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hey Dude, pass me the stuff you smoking there...

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
all other android phones has their weak point.
one of them is price which is high.can you buy the least Samsung Android for about N18,000 whereas you can similar brand for N12,000.not all fingers are equal as other android phones are still on the high side.Tecno capitalise on this weak point to sell their product in Nigeria. leave Tecno alone as there are other Chinese Android phones having some of the weakness you highted

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by robzyone: 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
I use a tecno L3 and the battery life is impressive but my issue with tecno is the screen sensitivity but it doesnt happen always. I might be pressing m and b will be displaying. It gets so frustrating. I dont know if its just my phone, tecno or L3
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
TeamTecnoQ1
*farts of thread and leaves*
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
.a beg liv techno 4 us...its cum 2 so many pple rescue, dey provide d latest technology 2 pple dat can't afford d 1ook samsungs,Sony.....if u can't afford champagne, settle 4 kiakia! am enjoying my l3 to d fullest! its got all d basic functions I need.d high end android phones r 4 geeks n d rich dat wanna show off, not pple like me dats just starting life...y buy a 6ok phone I can't afford wen a 13k phone wit 7o% similarities is available? wisdom! wen I gt d cash I will obviously upgrade, but 4 nw,am showing off my l3- tecno or not, high end or low end..na my choice

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by kio052001(m): 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
hey dude I use d A+
n I upgraded 4m 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 to 4.3
now am working towards upgrading to 4.4
Ise Allah
praise da Lord sum bodi

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
kio052001: hey dude I use d A+
Ise Allah
praise da Lord sum bodi

dude you are running a custorm rom on which the tweaker messed with the build.prop .. grin..

u aint running no 4.3..lol... ur running a tweaked rom......

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by RedCard1(m): 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
You get what you paid for. Don't expect a Tecno phone of 14k to perform like HTC One that costs 100k. Tecno is for people that do not like spending much on phones. You didn't talk about their cameras. I've seen pics taken with the loved Tecno Phantom A and it's not so impressive but manageable considering the price. I can't use a Tecno phone.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by NEROSKY(m): 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
kio052001: hey dude I use d A+
Ise Allah
praise da Lord sum bodi

keep deceiving urself sad
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
@ Op which one do you now recommend for the low end phone buyers since tecno is bad?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Tm5 _25k for an Android 4.2 device? No updates, no custom roms, no Developers support from XDA, lndia, Europe etc.

The worst horror is the Google Search results on this Backyard work, shows NL as the only site that recognises it.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by kio052001(m): 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
a colleague at my work place bought himself an HTC 1s tru installment payment, few days later i bought my A+, he didn't use his fone 4 a complete 60days when he was paying game n der was an update, wat eva happened is wat I can't say, d fone jus seized, nothing was operating so he managed to turn it off behold till today no solution has bin applied DAT worked.
so slot asked him to come wit 10k n collect HTC 1x
as soon as d fone got to him he sold d fone Gods hw much, now he want to Nokia e6,
praising da Lord
sum bodi

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
Its definitely nice to use a droid with 2.3GHz, 2gb ram, 64gb memory, 4G network, beats audio speakers, kitkat os, quad core, aluminium body, super digital camera, super LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M
colors, corning gorrila glass, v4.0 bluetooth and water-proof feature. Na everybody like beta tin. But tecno cleverly slices all these mouth-watering specs into bits and offer it to people at lower prices. So its your choice + your pocket size, GBAM!!!
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Belexy(m): 12:41am On Nov 23, 2013
Im using a Tecno A2 fone and im very happy with it.
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Olamyyde(m): 1:28am On Nov 23, 2013
I used to be a tecno fan until i found out how crappy tecno was. No updates, 512mb ram, multi-touch issues, bad display(low ppi) e.t.c angry angry

Still hoping to buy an s4 though.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Codedeben: 1:47am On Nov 23, 2013
kio052001: a colleague at my work place bought himself an HTC 1s tru installment payment, few days later i bought my A+, he didn't use his fone 4 a complete 60days when he was paying game n der was an update, wat eva happened is wat I can't say, d fone jus seized, nothing was operating so he managed to turn it off behold till today no solution has bin applied DAT worked.
so slot asked him to come wit 10k n collect HTC 1x
as soon as d fone got to him he sold d fone Gods hw much, now he want to Nokia e6,
praising da Lord
sum bodi
Chei, I've always known u cant be trusted. So u came to public forum to come and mock me and U thought I wouldn't see this.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Codedeben: 1:54am On Nov 23, 2013
Batam: @ Op which one do you now recommend for the low end phone buyers since tecno is bad?
I recommend chinco version of Tecno itself. Pls dont tell me you dont know there is chinco version of it out there ( as in " china" phone of a "china" phone grin) Just watch out for the names like Teclo or Tercno. Those ones are better.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by fr3do(m): 3:17am On Nov 23, 2013
Is the op daft
He failed to mention the most obvious
Low RAM
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2013
I've used more than 3 tecno, seriously, their phone ain't good at all. It'll eventually develop a fault, especially the cable port.

The OTA update is another ish, how on earth won't they roll out updates to their shitty phones?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by psalmdave(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2013
The 4th reason says "some other reasons"

gringringringrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia 8110 4G (banana Phone) Specification And Price / Mtn Is Back Again (opera Mini 4.2) / Xiaomi's Flagship For 2021, The MI 11 Is Out. (specs And Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.