Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,846 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone (4905 Views)

The Best Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria (october 2013) / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / Recommended Mobile Anti Virus For Tecno Android And Other Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2013
You are spamming. Please stop it. Go to the Market section and stop derailing our discussion with ur spam site.

sales_kara:

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by sEGXY2(m): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2013
which better android can I buy with 17k I've used 3 tecno the phone's a lil bit cool
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 9:08am On Nov 23, 2013
paranorman: Hello y'all.

Went through a thread on FP 'bout google's andriod, must confess 'tis really cool; especially for the 'non-phone geeks.' some of y'all wouldnt want to take this thread personally- thats an advice. This might come in handy for those of us that pay attention to lil detail and specs; d real 'phone geeks.' ....some of y'all already know this anyway. Here we go:

You ought to be living on planet Mercury if you haven’t heard of the most popular low end smartphone rave in Nigeria and other emerging economy.

I am referring to the techno android phone popularly referred to as chinko phone in some quarters touted as a stunning cheaper low end android phone, the reviews and patronage from users in general have been quite impressive and positive.

So positive that, I had made up my mind to continue to patronize the brand for as long it exist. But ever since my first and second experience with the techno android phone, i have come to realize it’s not what I actually needed due to some of it shortcomings.

Techno N3 and other subsequent techno android phones may have sold millions of units in Nigeria alone, enticed many users who probably are using Android phones for the first time, but common on believe it or not, Techno android phones are not the best android phone brand for you ,so I will be detailing you withfew reasons why you should not buy techno phonesinspite of its low price.

1. OTA UPGRADE

Presently,techno phones lack lacks OTA updates for their Android phones and therefore lack the ability to upgrade the inbuilt operating system .

If there are major bugs in the Operating system, Tecno most probably has no way of fixing that for the masses ’cause it can’t deploy OTA fix updates.

One is stuck on Android 4.1 Jellybean and thus should not dream of ever getting version 4.2 or 5 (Key Lime Pie) on the device
For folks who cant do without rooting, flashing and tweaking their android devices, they stand the risk of bricking their device and having to pay Tecno to fix it for them. (Rooting a device in almost 100% of cases voids your warranty with that manufacturer) .

2. LOW QUALITY BATTERY

the kind of battery that is befitting of multitasking smartphone such as android phone should be such that can withstand the multitasking capabilities,but unfortunately,techno ANDROID has failed woefully in that aspect.
If you are the type that play games and browse a lot am sure you won’t want to buy a phone that has a weak battery like blackberry.From personal experience,it seems the battery strength of some of the first tecno android running on lower android has a better battery coare to the likes of .So if you are a phone addict you can not do without his or her phone for some minutes,then tecno android phone is actually not for you

3. SIMILARITY OF PRODUCT

Do i need to write much on this? i guess no,if you know tecno andriod phones very well,you will agree with me that virtually of of their new releases are all the same with virtually no improvement.The only difference is just the name and little difference in the built.So why would you waste your money buying a brand that care less users satisfaction?

4. Some Other reasons

You expect to get other genuine reasons not to buy a techno android phone from me?,i think i have said t all,so its over to you now.Go ahead ans share your thought,why you won’t advise one to get a techno android phone and other experiences you have had with the tecno brand of product

Disclaimer
The content of this post is only the writer’s own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of the general techno users.So atteackers take note.

Doubt if this will make FP.
its kinda an 'anti-techno' thread. Hehehehe. Y'all know what i'm talkin 'bout, dont y'all?

http://ebimablog.com/2013/11/5-reasons-buy-cheap-android-phone.html

this post just gave someone cancer!!!
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by iscom(m): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2013
I am a fan of tecno, but I never praise tecno any day.I buy tecno phones because they are cheap.Though tecno phones are not really cheap if you compare them with specifications.I once wrote to tecno about gorrila glass protection,they said that it will increase their price of phones if they do it.So if tecno phones contains the same specifications as others product their price will also high.Problems of Techno phones; No amoled screen, poor battery, ota, repetition of phones, bad phone panel that can easily rust, poor chargers, unrecognized product, poor internal usage,poor audio quality,not durable, poor website, lie about their phone specification etc. Remember tecno is able to do android phones because it is snap and put.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by paranorman(m): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2013
Really, 'm not 'antai-tecno', i just think some of y'all should know this. Notin personal against tecno; infact i am a iphone/lumia fan.
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by paranorman(m): 10:45am On Nov 23, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

this post just gave someone cancer!!!

cheesy
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Maxmavis(m): 5:52pm On May 18, 2015
Tommysleek:
Its definitely nice to use a droid with 2.3GHz, 2gb ram, 64gb memory, 4G network, beats audio speakers, kitkat os, quad core, aluminium body, super digital camera, super LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M
colors, corning gorrila glass, v4.0 bluetooth and water-proof feature. Na everybody like beta tin. But tecno cleverly slices all these mouth-watering specs into bits and offer it to people at lower prices. So its your choice + your pocket size, GBAM!!!
Tommysleek:
Its definitely nice to use a droid with 2.3GHz, 2gb ram, 64gb memory, 4G network, beats audio speakers, kitkat os, quad core, aluminium body, super digital camera, super LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M
colors, corning gorrila glass, v4.0 bluetooth and water-proof feature. Na everybody like beta tin. But tecno cleverly slices all these mouth-watering specs into bits and offer it to people at lower prices. So its your choice + your pocket size, GBAM!!!
Tommysleek:
my guy u re there! Motorola z the best. I use droid razr maxx hd, the battery is simply awesome. I cant believe i can use this fone for 3-4 days with the data and wifi on, i have also managed to enter asphalt 8 season 6. The battery is the best i've eva seen. 3300mah. U forgot to tell them about that great power saving app
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Ishola87(m): 10:24pm On May 18, 2015
Maxmavis:
my guy u re there! Motorola z the best. I use droid razr maxx hd, the battery is simply awesome. I cant believe i can use this fone for 3-4 days with the data and wifi on, i have also managed to enter asphalt 8 season 6. The battery is the best i've eva seen. 3300mah. U forgot to tell them about that great power saving app
Bro can you give me this phone to buy another one because all finger are not equal.if you can do it believe me ,you will never lack in your life.Good day
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by seedorfy134(m): 6:25am On May 19, 2015
Shoro niyen!!!
Re: Reasons Not To Buy A Tecno Android Smartphone by Jboynokiaphone(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2015
No one mention tecno r7 and phantom z....i use R7 and am pleased wit dat for now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hurray, MTN Giving Free 1gb On Betterme Promo / Don't Buy The Infinix Hot 2 / 5g Is Here For You Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.