Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! (777 Views)

Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / A Muslim But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by amodu(m): 9:30am On Nov 23, 2013
Have you always been a Muslim?

My father was a Christian and
my mother was a
Muslim. After my mother’s death, I decided to
practise her religion. Even before her death, I
had wanted to go for Hajj but there was no
chance.

Stories started flying round when this story
broke. Some said you found a rich ‘Alhaji’
who insisted you must convert to Islam before
he married you…

People must talk and if they don’t, they will die.
But to answer your question, I don’t think such
can happen. I don’t see why any man would tell
me to change my religion before he can marry
me. Funny enough, my boyfriend is not even an
Alhaji. Going on Hajj was something I desired. It
is not even meant for Muslims alone. If you
believe in God, go to the Holy City and pray to
your God and your prayers would be answered.
People from all over the world come there.

Was your baby’s father a Muslim?

Oh yes. The baby’s late father was a Muslim. He
gave my daughter a Muslim name. We all believe
in one God. There is no dichotomy. I don’t have
to judge anybody and say the person’s religion is
bad. We are all one before God. I am still proud
of my name, Elizabeth. It is just that when you go
for Hajj and come back, you have to be more
modest. It is just that I am human and I am a
young lady who is still single. I am free to live my
life. If I get married and my husband wants me to
be Eleha (woman in purdah), then I will do it. If I
marry a pastor and my husband wants me to be a
pastor, I will do it. I have to be submissive to my
husband. For now, I am a young girl, so I think I
am still free to follow my heart and do what I
want to do. But when you go for hajj, you have
the fear of God and you believe in God.

Read the full interview-www.punchng.com/news/
nobody-forced-me-to-change-my-religion-liz-anj
orin/
Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by davuvid(m): 9:36am On Nov 23, 2013
So wot exactly are u sayin dude!!!!

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by edo3(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2013
Na she sabi. Pls am new on ds site. Abeg ring bell for me.

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by amodu(m): 9:48am On Nov 23, 2013
davuvid: So wot exactly are u sayin dude!!!!

My point is that she is not a down to heart muslim as she is ready to drop Islam if opportunity comes her way. "Can be a pastor if she gets a christian husband that requires her to be".
Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by amodu(m): 9:50am On Nov 23, 2013
edo3: Na she sabi. Pls am new on ds site. Abeg ring bell for me.

You're highly welcome.....
Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by tbaba1234: 11:51am On Nov 23, 2013
amodu:

My point is that she is not a down to heart muslim as she is ready to drop Islam if opportunity comes her way. "Can be a pastor if she gets a christian husband that requires her to be".

Mr man, you do not judge the Islam of people, you have no right.

Islam does not give you that right. She just became muslim. Let her grow in the deen, she'll get better, In sha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by deols(f): 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
How is it your problem.

someone says this is whom she is and you are trying to prove what?
Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by davuvid(m): 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
amodu:

Hmmm......just leave her be cos last time I checked it's still her life
Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by babylolaroy(f): 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
davuvid: Hmmm......just leave her be cos last time I checked it's still her life
lol. thats funny. buh the last time i checked too, we v stayed too long around dah topic

1 Like

Re: Liz Anjorin Didn't Change To A Muslim But An Opportunist! by amodu(m): 7:36am On Nov 26, 2013
Its just an observation and it is pertinent to note as there was different opinion when the news broke then that she changed and went for pilgrimage to the holy land; Saudi Arabia. Some said she truly changed while some said let's wait and when she returns from the holy land. This interview was made after her return which I try to pick out one or two things to probably answer people's question on her commitment to the deen.

It is her life truly, I am not disputing but has a popular artist, it is normal for people to meddle into her personal life.

(1) (Reply)

ISIS States Its Justification For The Enslavement Of Women / Any Evidence in the Shari'a for this? / Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.