Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? (10640 Views)

Any Individual/company That Deals In Food Canning And Preservatives? / Please Help. Where Can I Buy Plain Yoghurt And Mason Jars In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 2:39am On Jun 15, 2006
Hello,

I want to buy the following items in Nigeria:
- Home canning kit.
- Canning jars (glass).

Is there a place I can buy them in Nigeria, or will i need to import?

Thanks!
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Drusilla(f): 3:18am On Jun 15, 2006
That's a really interesting question.

I wonder if anyone also knows about how the heat might affect food preserved in jars or canning containers or just regular canned foods?

I think to myself that the foods can not be preserved, in that type of heat, they would just cook in the can, eh?
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by nairamar(m): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2006
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2006
I really do need a canning kit. I need the glass jar, the metal lid that i can heat to kill germs and then seal to preserve my food for months. I need one with instructions on how to prevent food poisoning.

I don't want to have to import them from the US and pay all their taxes and such. Can I get it in Lagos?

Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Drusilla(f): 8:07am On Jun 16, 2006
Nairamar,

Thank you for the link.
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 12:26am On Jun 17, 2006
Oops, i forgot to thank nairamar. Thanks. So what can i do with that link?
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2006
I think to myself that the foods can not be preserved, in that type of heat, they would just cook in the can, eh?
If properly canned, with the right temperature and timing used, the heat shouldn't affect the preservation of canned food. However, for some particular fruits, I think it's possible that the taste might be affected kept in the sun for long.
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by AmakaOne(f): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2008
I see u guys are catching on to the canned/ bottled food bandwagon abi.
So what's the plan?

Canned Egusi, Ogbono, Efo riro, Banga?

hm, o dikwa risky o! grin
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by spikedcylinder: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2008
Those cans look like old jam cans we at home to store dry pepper. Depending on what you want to store Seun, can't you use those?
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by MelaniePal: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2011
Hey Seun, for the jars, I suggest you get Mason jars. And a pressure canner works great. If you're interested in ordering your home canning kit, you can do so online. Here's a post that will help you find your kit: http://www.jesrestaurantequipment.com/jesrestaurantequipmentblog/the-dos-and-donts-of-residential-canning/

1 Like

Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 23, 2015
Seun:
Hello,

- Home canning kit.
- Canning jars (glass).

Thanks!
Seun were you able to get the canning jars, how did u go about it?
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 10, 2015
Hi everyone, I really would love to know if anyone finally got the canning solution in Nigeria??
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Bookiemart01(f): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
So seun, did you get the cans?

Seun:
Hello,

- Home canning kit.
- Canning jars (glass).

Thanks!
Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by yomibabe(f): 8:49am On Jun 21, 2016
yes you can get them in naija. there's a lady that advertises them on Instagram her name is dulchesupplies.

1 Like

Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Dulchesupplies: 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thank you, you can also send us an email dulchesupplies@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Dulchesupplies: 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
where can I find apothecary jars in Lagos?
Answer @dulchesupplies instagram dulchesupplies@yahoo.com

Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Limehousebars: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2020
Purchase glass bottles and jar needs from instagram.com/glassbottlesng or send a message to +2347064764934

Re: Home Canning Kits And Jars In Nigeria? by Raygal(f): 12:32pm On May 12, 2023
Are you looking to purchase glass jars for your packaging needs? I have a limited number available for purchase (#110pcs). I'll be giving them away @ a discounted rate of #400/jar with lid. Volume: 280ml.

Call: 08094087274

(1) (Reply)

How To Cook & Bake♥♥Recipes / *~ Y me Voted Food Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations! / Name That Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.