Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". (61965 Views)

FRSC Hilux Without Brake Lights, Who Will Make The Arrest? (Picture) / Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 07, 2014
Niceeeeeee!
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Shagati(m): 12:21am On Sep 07, 2014
Siena: A teaser shot. Note, this is not high resolution:

[url="http://s768.photobucket.com/user/NaijaGuy/media/Project%20Toyota%20Hilux/imagejpg1_zps0ec6e20f.jpg.html"][/url]
I guessed right cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1528899/sienas-toyota-hilux-2.5-d-4d/6#24923073
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 07, 2014
[url="http://s768.photobucket.com/user/NaijaGuy/media/Project%20Toyota%20Hilux/imagejpg4_zps78493e5c.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s768.photobucket.com/user/NaijaGuy/media/Project%20Toyota%20Hilux/imagejpg3_zpsd9fc9267.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s768.photobucket.com/user/NaijaGuy/media/Project%20Toyota%20Hilux/imagejpg1_zps1c9c58df.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s768.photobucket.com/user/NaijaGuy/media/Project%20Toyota%20Hilux/imagejpg2_zpsdbb93ac8.jpg.html"][/url]
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Lexusgs430: 3:13am On Sep 07, 2014
Siena: Another teaser's just come through...

[url="http://s768.photobucket.com/user/NaijaGuy/media/Project%20Toyota%20Hilux/imagejpg1_zps46a5b993.jpg.html"][/url]

Runs and grab very very very dark sunglasses, before this siena's green apple blinds me!!!

1 Like

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Lol...hopefully next Saturday, she should be all back together.

Trying to decide on wheels.

Black gloss?
Anthracite?
Gun metal?
Regular silver?
Full-on chrome bling hoops?
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 07, 2014
I think the full on chrome bling would be better.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
cne010: I think the full on chrome bling would be better.

My wife also feels chrome hoops will do the trick too.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
cne010: I think the full on chrome bling would be better.

thats the real deal for this day glo green paint job. Chrome legs will add swag to this buddy.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Shagati(m): 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
lomomike:

thats the real deal for this day glo green paint job. Chrome legs will add slwag to this buddy.

I am differing here. Matte Anthracite or gunmetal to tone down the glossy green would be my choice.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Shagati: I am differing here. Matte Anthracite or gunmetal to tone down the glossy green would be my choice.

The thing is though, I've never liked the matte finish on wheels, or bodywork.

This Hilux, besides being a fun, and leisure vehicle, with some light expedition thrown in, is also going to serve as a promotional vehicle for my business, as well as other bodies who may wish to hire the truck and my services.

1 Like

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Shagati(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Siena:

The thing is though, I've never liked the matte finish on wheels, or bodywork.

This Hilux, besides being a fun, and leisure vehicle, with some light expedition thrown in, is also going to serve as a promotional vehicle for my business, as well as other bodies who may wish to hire the truck and my services.

Now that you mention show-piece duties, chrome wheels will give it all the flash! cool

Good job!

1 Like

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
interior wise, a full revamp is on the cards.

I have a pair of 7th gen. Toyota Celica front seats. They are black, but I'm getting them re-trimmed in charcoal connolly leather, with green piping or stitching. Green centres, and green Hilux logo embossed upper section.

Charcoal alcantara headlining, a mixture of green leather and charcoal alcantara for the door cards. Charcoal carpet from All Care Carpets in Oz.

Dash I'm not sure of yet, as I want to use as much as possible out of my 2001 Lexus LS430. I'm looking to cut the dash down, then get the cut ends made good, then the whole lot trimmed in leather too. I just haven't decided upon a colour yet.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Lexusgs430: 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
Siena: interior wise, a full revamp is on the cards.

I have a pair of 7th gen. Toyota Celica front seats. They are black, but I'm getting them re-trimmed in charcoal connolly leather, with green piping or stitching. Green centres, and green Hilux logo embossed upper section.

Charcoal alcantara headlining, a mixture of green leather and charcoal alcantara for the door cards. Charcoal carpet from All Care Carpets in Oz.

Dash I'm not sure of yet, as I want to use as much as possible out of my 2001 Lexus LS430. I'm looking to cut the dash down, then get the cut ends made good, then the whole lot trimmed in leather too. I just haven't decided upon a colour yet.

Poor celica vvti, turn into an organ donor!!!!
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lexusgs430: Poor celica vvti, turn into an organ donor!!!!

She's relatively lucky, I only liberated a pair of seats. grin

The Lexus LS430 is not going to be so fortunate - there'll be just the bodyshell left, once I've finished. She's gonna be striped bare, clean. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
Siena:

She's relatively lucky, I only liberated a pair of seats. grin

The Lexus LS430 is not going to be so fortunate - there'll be just the bodyshell left, once I've finished. She's gonna be striped bare, clean. cheesy cheesy

Lol. More cans for lidl, aldi and netto, to use for all their can products!!!!
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
I've been thinking about colour schemes.

The colour I chose for my truck is Kawasaki Green Pearl. I looked to Sport Bikes, as their paint schemes are more daring than that of cars.

I am creating the Ultimate Hilux Rig, and have been looking at different colour schemes for the trim. This includes badges, door handles, tailgate handle, mirrors and grille. These are currently silver / chrome.

I have always been intrigued by the differences between Toyota and Lexus badges and external trim - chrome for Toyota, gold for Lexus. Gold can look real good on the right colour. Kawasaki Green Pearl is a 3-stage paint, so it does have a gold hue to it, especially under bright sunlight.

I have searched round, and a contact of mine passed me details of a guy who will plate silver, chrome etc. in 24-carat gold. I would have liked the chrome bumpers and wheels gold plated too, but the cost will be horrendous. However, they can be anodised in gold. I will ask around, and come to a decision.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
Can't the wheels and other body panels be painted in gold (high quality gold paint) cos electroplating might cost an arm and a leg. Can't wait to see the finished product feels like "love-vendor my ride" the attention to detail is out of this world.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
cne010: Can't the wheels and other body panels be painted in gold (high quality gold paint) cos electroplating might cost an arm and a leg. Can't wait to see the finished product feels like "love-vendor my ride" the attention to detail is out of this world.

Thanks bro, I appreciate your kind words. I have considered gold paint. However, none will produce the finish I want.

Anodising is another option for larger items (bumpers and wheels).
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Oga Siena don't leave the boys hanging.

We have our sunglasses on and waiting to be dazzled by the sheer brightness of your truck grin
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
^^^ Patience, Brother NG. We're getting there. wink

1 Like

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by stanzo: 1:15am On Sep 15, 2014
Shagati:
I guessed right cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1528899/sienas-toyota-hilux-2.5-d-4d/6#24923073
Good quality paint job but the colour is too girly for me cool
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 15, 2014
stanzo: Good quality paint job but the colour is too girly for me cool

Good thing it ain't your rig then, innit? I did consider bright pink, but the shop was sold out. Maybe next time. cool

2 Likes

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Olisa4all: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Siena:

Good thing it ain't your rig then, innit? I did consider bright pink, but the shop was sold out. Maybe next time. cool

"bright pink", lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by stanzo: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Siena:

Hahaha, no need to be uptight about it. Like u said, it's your ride and your eyez. grin
Btw, hope you set up shop in Nigeria soon.i'll be one of your first customers. But I get to choose my own paint, though. cheesy
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Sutst, Don't derail this thread if you don't want to earn a ban I've hidden your post twice, the third time, I'd surely ban you. If you need to get a hilux, go to autos section and search for it there. In cartalk, cars aren't put up for sale.

Thanks for complying.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by DECOtech(m): 3:16am On Sep 19, 2014
Please Mr Siena, can we get ur attention here? www.nairaland.com/1401850/need-automobile-engineer-advice
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2014
never ending.. for the wheels tho i suggest Black-stainless silver mix
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by yungboss(m): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nice color Siena...the chrome bling would be my choice.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Non-pictorial update!

I dropped into the shop this arvo, to see where we're at.

The cabin is looking great. I planned to fit the doors and hood, unfortunately the bolts are not green. I left the bolts for the passenger door hinges in the door itself, so they would be painted. But...I forgot to leave the driver's door hinge bolts in the driver's door, the same with the hood.

So the bolts are still white. Damn! They need to be painted off the door and hood, before I can fit them. Another delay there then.

On a more positive note though, the bed lid is being prep'd. The 3mm gap between the 2 steel sheets has been filled, and was being sanded down before I left. This is not your regular Bondo, or fibre glass. The filler used is a very flexible compound, so it can flex with the lid. It will be primed on both sides, with the inside receiving 2 coats of gloss black.

The bed, tailgate, fuel filler flap, fender flares and the 3 little trims under the headlamps and grille should be done hopefully, by Saturday.

Today the 20th September made it 13 weeks since my truck went into the shop. I dropped her off on the 28th June. Thank The Lord she wasn't taxed, that would have been a waste.

Roll on completion, I can't wait to smoke her round for a while, until Stage 2 commences.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
Bossforeva: never ending.. for the wheels tho i suggest Black-stainless silver mix

As in black wheels? What combination do you mean, bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Mercedez Benz GLK 350 Abandoned By In Sapele By Unknown People (Photos) / Keke Napep With Padlocked 3 Tyres, Causes A Stir In Warri (Photos) / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.