Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? (1818 Views)

When You're A Medical Student In Esut. Pix / How Valuable Is A Medical Lab Tech Certificate In Nigeria? / The Most Stressful University In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by Capableben(m): 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
I have heard different stories from different people- parents, friends, relatives, teachers....
Some say a doctor knows no rest , others say same regarding engineers....

I am aware that both disciplines are proffessional and only the strongest scale through.... How is the life of an engineer/doctor after uni

Which of them has a more challenging life after uni

Be kind enough to drop cogent reasons too.
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
Though i'm not a science student, but i know Doctor is more challenging than an Engineer.
Been a Doctor involves life, and anything that has to do with Human life, is no childs play.

As an Engineer u might try an experiment & fail, & still try again for more than 10times, bt a Doctor doesn't get that opportunity
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by Wizdray: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
Fabulousuzo:
As an Engineer u might try an experiment & fail, & still try again for more than 10times, bt a Doctor doesn't get that opportunity
Bro, Yu said it all.
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by Nomski0(f): 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
Its doctors hands down!

The books they have to read
The surgeries they have to carry out
The mercy killings
The deaths they have to withstand
The pressures of theatre rooms.

Op please watch shows like Emily Owens M.D
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice.
You'll appreciate doctors.undecided
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by urchman101(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
Engineering is very dynamic nd challenging that is if u are practicing. I happen to work 4:30 am to 6:00pm nd might still need to wake up in between my sleep, just to make sure everything is fine. I knw of pple in d research team who get to sleep for just abt 4hrs a day. Life as a real engineer is not easy. U need to be mentally capable.
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by fr3do(m): 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2013
Doctors na

But studying engin is harder than medicine
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
Fabulousuzo: Though i'm not a science student, but i know Doctor is more challenging than an Engineer.
Been a Doctor involves life, and anything that has to do with Human life, is no childs play.

Engineering profession still has much more to do with life , obvious examples are brake failures in automobiles probably unnoticed by an incompetent engineer who might have performed a general servicing, also collapsed buildings are basically the faults of incompetent engineers
At least Medical doctors have teaching hospitals where students receive thorough practical training with test objects/subjects, kind of experimenting on guinea pigs before transfering the inference and observation to real subjects ..and what they do its kind of a routine ,virtually the same thing depending on ur area of specialization,a Doctor proficient in his/her field shouldn't be prone to mistakes ...on the other hand an engineer must be innovative and creative
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by johnwizey: 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Traditional doctors
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by destino24(m): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
abeg, engineers. 80% of the instruments used by doctors are made by biomedical engineers. including the overall building structure
Re: Life As An Engineer And A Medical Doctor, Which Is More Stressful/challenging? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
If it's which is more challenging, it's engineering.

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike / ASUU Promises To End Strike As FG Shifts Ground / Without Blinking, Googling Or Asking... Who Is The Vice President Of The U.s.a?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.