Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? (2402 Views)

Top Celebrities Who Look Way Older Than Their Age / Celebrities Who Look Much Older Than Their Age ( Photos ) / Nigerian Celebrities That Look Much Younger Than Their Age ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by delors(m): 1:11am On Nov 24, 2013
Weeks ago, I caused a little uproar on twitter on why our Nigerian artistes hide their age. Google any Nigerian artiste, except a very few ones, you'd find their bio but age will be missing, and that is intentional. This is crooked and criminal as far as I can tell. If they were footballers or sportsmen, fine, we understand the nature of that, but what's up with age hiding in the entertainment industry? Does it affect their endorsements, music, etc? Musicians, comedians, entertainers, radio and TV presenters, etc are all guilty of this. Google any American or foreign artiste, you'd find the age proudly displayed but for our own people? Na lie! embarassed
So now, if you know their age or the reason for hiding it, please share here.

MI
Banky W
Don Jazzy
Nigga Raw
Wande Cole
Vector
Mode 9
Omawunmi
Phyno
Flavour
Sound Sultan
Ay Comedian
Jesse Jags
Olamide
Ali baba
Nyanya
Ruggedman
mercy Johnson
Reminisce
Duncan Mighty
Toolz
Eedris AbdulKarim
Burna Boy
Timaya
Banky W
Harry Song
9ice
Seyi Law
Ikechukwu
Dr Sid
Yaw
Sinzhu
2shot
Bovi
Mr May D
Terry G
Basket Mouth
Princess
Lynxx
Skales
Djinee
Brymo
Toke Makinwa
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by Allohrandy(m): 3:24am On Nov 24, 2013
@poster, The age of most Nigerian artiste are well know. Most of them celebrate their birthdays. What will they gain by hiding their age from the public?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by delors(m): 4:24am On Nov 24, 2013
Allohrandy: @poster, The age of most Nigerian artiste are well know. Most of them celebrate their birthdays. What will they gain by hiding their age from the public?
Great! So on the list I posted how many of them do you know their ages?
Ice prince claims 27yo. reports have it that dude finished high school in 1999. Let's assume he finished at the age of 16yrs, by now he'd be 31...but I am guessing he finished at the age of 18 (like most high school leavers) which means he'll be 33. How old is MI? Please help me find out and maybe i can remove the topic then...And Mode 9. And Basket Mouth. And Julius agwu. And 9ice. And Nigga Raw. thanks for helping grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by danbrowndmf(m): 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
It a lie he was 16,ice prince finished hez sec skool 2002, til 2013 dt 27bro search well,ice prince na one of d few pple wey say d truth,MI is 33,vector is 29,banky 31,iyanya say im dy 27, jessy jags,29;brymo 27,
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by Forzap: 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
Op u no well oogrin so u want d real age of does artistes u mentioned?pheew,na so u jobless reachundecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by delors(m): 1:33am On Nov 25, 2013
danbrowndmf: It a lie he was 16,ice prince finished hez sec skool 2002, til 2013 dt 27bro search well,ice prince na one of d few pple wey say d truth,MI is 33,vector is 29,banky 31,iyanya say im dy 27, jessy jags,29;brymo 27,
Correct. I was wondering why their ages are not online especially on wikipedia. There, it is hard to give a false age declaration.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by delors(m): 1:34am On Nov 25, 2013
Forza p: Op u no well oogrin so u want d real age of does artistes u mentioned?pheew,na so u jobless reachundecided
Bros ye, I no jobless o...na work make me wonder why dem age no dey online o...if you wan write a complete story on one of these dudes and realize his age is hidden, are you gonna go with the rumours that Mode 9 is 27? cool or that Don Jazzy is 30, making him younger than his younger brother D'Prince?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by timsbee(f): 3:31am On Nov 25, 2013
Me i dont know o, maybe u shld ask google.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by Allohrandy(m): 7:30am On Nov 25, 2013
delors:
Correct. I was wondering why their ages are not online especially on wikipedia. There, it is hard to give a false age declaration.
why do you think MI is not 33,vector is not 29,banky is not 31, iyanya and brymo are not 27. what do you think they gain from falsifying their real age? Or do you think they are all above 40 years? Most Nigerian artistes declare their real age.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by initiate: 8:01am On Nov 25, 2013
Its a typicalnigerian thing and not just artistes. Its basically cos of a habit of deception

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by delors(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
Allohrandy: why do you think MI is not 33,vector is not 29,banky is not 31, iyanya and brymo are not 27. what do you think they gain from falsifying their real age? Or do you think they are all above 40 years? Most Nigerian artistes declare their real age.

why do you think MI is 33,vector is 29, iyanya and brymo are 27. How can you prove it? Gat a link or something? Or dont you think some of them are above 40 years but lying to be under 35? Most Nigerian artistes dont declare their real age. If they do, it will be readily available.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by granlydia(f): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
They gave u their real names nd u are looking for real age?Op u greedy sha.manage the information they gave u for ur article abeg.lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Artistes Hide Their Age? by delors(m): 1:50am On Nov 26, 2013
granlydia: They gave u their real names nd u are looking for real age?Op u greedy sha.manage the information they gave u for ur article abeg.lol
Thanks. And then I publish a half-baked article leaving you guys to guess the vital info that sums the essence of the article itself. Google any American singer and see if their age is not proudly displaed. What would it cost them to say their age if no be say magomago wan enter? sad

(1) (Reply)

That Voodoo Prophetess Wanted My Penis – Chris Brown / Singer Flavour & Anna Banner Welcome Baby Girl / Full Pictures Of Kylie's 18th Birthday Dinner!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.