Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,834 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

PHOTO! Usher Raymond's Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / PHOTO! Usher Raymond's Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame (2399 Views)

Adanna Duru: The 18 year old Nigerian American Star on American idol 2015 / "She Scored Zero On Hollywood Scale"- UK Magazine Embarras Omotola Jalade / No American Will Notice Genevieve Nnaji On Hollywood Boulevard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO! Usher Raymond's Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame by OmoUSH(m): 12:21am On Nov 25, 2013
For much of the late 90s and 2000s decade, Usher Raymond was the lead player in Rhythms & Blues, Soul, and the unstoppable force in popular music. Usher had gat no serious contender in pop for years except for Justin Timberlake, and his music son, Justin Beiber. Infact, Beiber is his only serious rival right now. Beleive actually knocked off Looking For Myself from d number 1 spot last year. In the RnB world Usher's most dangerous rival, R Kelly(fellow rnb king), has almost faded into oblivion. So, who is left standing? When he collected number one with OMG in 2010, Usher became the first 2010s artist to have nine number 1 songs on the Billboard hot 100. With OMG, he also joins the rank of Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Beatles, Michael Jackson, Bee Gees, Madonna and Mariah Carey in being the only artists to have nine top songs in 3 consecutive decades. In presenting the prestigious Ascap Golden Note Award to him in 2012, the governing committee comented enthusiastically, "for over two decades the world has moved with his music".

Usher, like his influencer, MJ, is imitated all across the globe from earliest time. He has inspired millions. "I so much revere Usher, my dance and style idol. He is the definition of modern pop", said his other protegee, Chris Brown. Paul McCartney of the Great Beetles said Usher plays key influence in his new album.
Usher has a main road in America named after him, THE USHER RAYMOND PARKWAY, and a precious Star On The Hollywood Walk of Fame to cement his legacy on the entertainment world forever.

The great Late James Brown once heralded him as the GODSON OF SOUL.
Kendrick Lamar when recently asked in an interview why he referenced Usher in his hit song in 2012 said, "He is a cultural icon and a world music deity, even if he no longer moves as before".

Drake once said, "Hehehe, Ush's tone gave my whole career a better line".
Jay Z recently mused, "I know MJ can't be replaced, and Ush may not be as globally relevant, but dude, that man is an ultimate rnb and pop icon. I learned from him too".
Mj once said to him in 1999: Thank u Usher. What u do is not easy too, the singing and dancing. Few do it. U are different, Usher./
"He is an extremely talented young man", said 80 years old most powerful music producer in history, Quincy Jones in 2007," i've known him right from when he was 16. He is almost like a son to me, so dear to my heart. He has grown overtime to be a global legendary entertainer".
Usher's downturn in rnb left the genre dead, as OMG started the Europop bandwaggonism. No entertainer in history has been as daring, sincere and risky as Usher. There is no artist of his generation that has archeived his level of greatness. Yet, No musician in world history had been so underappreciated. Despite any odd, Ush's legacies will remain long long after he is gone.

Here is the glittering, inspiring photo of the Usher Raymond's Star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Iyanya & Banky W’s Outfit To Channel O 16th Anniversary Party!! / Nollywood Twins, Tracy & Treasure Celebrate Birthday With Friends / See Mario Balotelli's Brand New Mansion! Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.