Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? (741 Views)

Is Homosexuality Dangerous To Society? / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Is Homosexuality Demonic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Ioseph(m): 4:49am On Nov 25, 2013
So I get to reading the bible and God calls Soddom and a man lying with another man an 'abomination'.

But why does he think that? What is his reason? Does he just not like men who sleep with other men? I do not understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 25, 2013
Ioseph: So I get to reading the bible and God calls Soddom and a man lying with another man an 'abomination'.

But why does he think that? What is his reason? Does he just not like men who sleep with other men? I do not understand.
What is this IDEOT saying
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Ioseph(m): 4:56am On Nov 25, 2013
naijaborn001:
What is this IDEOT saying

I am asking why god thinks gay people are bad?
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 25, 2013
Ioseph:

Ask urself first?
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Joagbaje(m): 5:51am On Nov 25, 2013
Ioseph: So I get to reading the bible and God calls Soddom and a man lying with another man an 'abomination'.

You cannot know more about iPad than the apple. You cannot know more about sex than the creator. He gave owners manual on how to operate it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by sylvar02(m): 5:58am On Nov 25, 2013
W

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Infomizer(m): 6:56am On Nov 25, 2013
Joagbaje:

You cannot know more about iPad than the apple. You cannot know more about sex than the creator. He gave owners manual on how to operate it.

You can actually know more about iPad than Apple. That said, my question to you is, who is to be blamed for this 'abomination'? God - the designer, or the Devil - the opposition party?

@Op
God doesn't 'think' it is wrong, the authors and compilers of the bible do...#nuffsaid
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 25, 2013
Why don't you use yourself as an example. Call your friend (a very muscular guy)into your room,lock the door and strip yourselves then start smooching and kissing grin
Disgusting right? (Except you are gay)
So if it is to you why not God?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by twosquare(m): 8:21am On Nov 25, 2013

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by brilapluz(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2013
it negates and alters a natural order dat God has placed between a man and a woman...Dats y d bible describes homosexuality as unnatural desires...it had to be a man and a woman not man and man or woman and woman...God does not hate a homosexual but detests d act committed cos it goes against d platform God has made 4 a man and woman....

1 Like

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Gombs(m): 10:35am On Nov 25, 2013

Rom 9 AMP
20 But who are you, a mere man, to criticize and contradict and answer back to God? Will what is formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?
21 [size=16pt] Has the potter no right over the clay, [/size] to make out of the same mass (lump) one vessel for beauty and distinction and honorable use, and another for menial or ignoble and dishonorable use?

God designed sex for a Man and Woman (married)...that's why he gave Adam, Eve. Man outta perversion decide to go after same sex as he. God created sex and gave users manual...why would anybody wanna go against the manual?
Animals (without intelligence as man) do NOT go after same sex...why then humans?

Romans 1 TLB

25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.
26 That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned
against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 [size=16pt] And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, [/size] as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.

28 So it was that when they gave God up and would not even acknowledge him, God gave them up to doing
everything their evil minds could think of. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness and sin, of greed and hate, envy, murder, fighting, lying, bitterness, and gossip.
30 They were backbiters, haters of God, insolent, proud, braggarts, always thinking of new ways of sinning and continually being disobedient to their parents.
31 They tried to misunderstand,[h] broke their promises, and were heartless—without pity. 32 They were fully aware of God’s death penalty for these crimes, [size=16pt] yet they went right ahead and did them anyway and encouraged others to do them, too. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by jamael(m): 8:53am On Nov 26, 2013
Gombs:
Rom 9 AMP
20 But who are you, a mere man, to criticize and contradict and answer back to God? Will what is formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?
21 [size=16pt] Has the potter no right over the clay, [/size] to make out of the same mass (lump) one vessel for beauty and distinction and honorable use, and another for menial or ignoble and dishonorable use?

God designed sex for a Man and Woman (married)...that's why he gave Adam, Eve. Man outta perversion decide to go after same sex as he. God created sex and gave users manual...why would anybody wanna go against the manual?
Animals (without intelligence as man) do NOT go after same sex...why then humans?

Romans 1 TLB

25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.
26 That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned
against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 [size=16pt] And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, [/size] as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.

28 So it was that when they gave God up and would not even acknowledge him, God gave them up to doing
everything their evil minds could think of. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness and sin, of greed and hate, envy, murder, fighting, lying, bitterness, and gossip.
30 They were backbiters, haters of God, insolent, proud, braggarts, always thinking of new ways of sinning and continually being disobedient to their parents.
31 They tried to misunderstand,[h] broke their promises, and were heartless—without pity. 32 They were fully aware of God’s death penalty for these crimes, [size=16pt] yet they went right ahead and did them anyway and encouraged others to do them, too. [/size]
God bless you just pray for those deluded because it is the work of the devil
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Ioseph(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Gombs:
Rom 9 AMP

Romans 1 TLB

Actually, there are thousands of animals that practice homosexual behaviour and intercourse, including the world's most intelligent animals (Dolphins, Chimpanzees, Bonobos, Humans a.k.a. us).

Why does God restrict homosexuals from marriage? I have met homosexual couples before and their love is clearly true - truer than married non-homosexual couples that I have met. Yet God will torment them so?
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Ladokun12(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
Wetin b ur prob xef,if u no u dnt fil guilty wn practisn it(cous i no u r practicn it wit d way u r defndn it),i no u wunt com here 4 help.
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ioseph:

which of the gods are you talking about?

(1) (Reply)

The Experience 2013: What Went Down + Photos / If Jesus Christ And Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) Had Met Or Existed At The Same Era / After 7days Fasting & Prayer.2.5million Was Transfered Into His Account.help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.