Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 (18824 Views)

Liverpool Vs Cardiff City (3 - 1) On 21st December 2013 / Cardiff Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 24th Nov 2013 / Chelsea Vs Cardiff City. (4 - 1) On 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 7:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Arsene Wenger has hailed the giant-killing attitude of Cardiff City as Arsenal prepare to visit Wales today.
Cardiff has already registered a win against Manchester City and shared a point against United last weekend at their home ground. Wenger is aware of this very fact and knows that the game will be a real test for his side.
“Cardiff look to have good solidarity and have fantastic support. They are efficient on set pieces”, Wenger said.
“We have the warning of their performances against the big teams. Jordan Mutch and Fraizer Cambell will be the mail threats.”
Cardiff City will definitely seek to improve their record against Londoners as Bluebirds have only won two games against the Gunners in past 86 years while Arsenal will look to extend their lead in the Premier League. With 28 points from the first 12 games of the season, Arsenal leads the points table by 4 points against Liverpool and Chelsea who enjoy joint second position with 24 points from same number of matches.
And memories of their win against Arsenal in the FA Cup final in 1927 will no doubt give added motivation to the south Wales side. This will also be the first encounter between these sides at the new stadium of Cardiff City
Cardiff has just 13 points to their credit as they sit at lowly 15th position and they will try to gain some valuable points as they are just 3 points adrift the relegation zone.
Malky Mackey could give a starting berth to Andreas Cornelius, who only played the last few minutes of their draw against Manchester United after coming out from an ankle problem.
Arsenal have made flying start to the Premier League this season and currently enjoy number one spot, four points ahead of second placed rivals Liverpool and Chelsea. Cardiff are also habitual of making big upsets as they have already claimed two major results on their home ground this term.
Aaron Ramsey, the best player of Premier League this season so far, will return to his old club. The Welsh international scored two goals in 22 appearances for Cardiff before joining the North London club in 2008. Ramsey has now established himself as a first-team regular under Arsene Wenger and he sent a warning message to his former clubs and their fans that the Arsenal would not be going to show any mercy.
“We know our form after Christmas has been second to none in the last few seasons,” Aaron Ramsey said to media, “so we are totally focused on putting ourselves in a position where we are there or thereabouts because we are confident we can kick on in the new year. We are hungry to win trophies and win games. That is no different this season to any other but in the past we’ve got off to bad starts and had to play catch-up.”
Arsene Wenger is also upbeat about the form of Ramsey it seems. I saw (Ramsey) on tape when he played with Cardiff. There is a lot more to come from him” the Frenchman said. He is also well aware of the importance of maintaining the healthy start to the season.
“The players keep a good focus at the moment. We want to keep the same level of urgency and hunger. We want to take advantage of playing earlier than our rivals this weekend.”
Malky Mackey on the other hand, will definitely try to scalp yet another big fish in the form of Arsenal to mark the start of the weekend.Arsenal will continue the impressive run by visiting Cardiff city who drew with ManU over the weekend on Saturday in the week 13 of EPL.

Two wins in the subsequent 86 years do not make pleasant reading for the Bluebirds and Malky Mackay will be keen to set the record straight.

Arsenal have been flying in the Premier League this season and currently sit top, four points clear of closest rivals Liverpool and Chelsea, but Cardiff have already claimed two major results on home soil this term, picking up a 3-2 victory over Manchester City and earning a late draw against Manchester United on Sunday.The tie also sees one of the top flight's most in-form players, Aaron Ramsey, return to his old stomping ground. The 22-year-old scored two goals in 22 appearances for Cardiff before joining Arsenal in 2008.

Though he returned for a loan spell in 2011 as he recovered from a broken leg, Ramsey has since established himself as a first-team regular under Arsene Wenger and he fired a warning to his former employers that the Gunners would not be taking their feet off the gas.
"We know our form after Christmas has been second to none in the last few seasons," he told reporters, "so we are totally focused on putting ourselves in a position where we are there or thereabouts because we are confident we can kick on in the new year.

"We are hungry to win trophies and win games. That is no different this season to any other but in the past we've got off to bad starts and had to play catch-up."

Arsenal are not expected to have any fresh injury concerns for the trip to Wales, with Lukas Podolski (hamstring), Abou Diaby and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (both knee) still sidelined, while Cardiff could give a starting berth to Andreas Cornelius, who played the last four minutes of their draw with United after recovering from an ankle problem.

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 9:34am On Nov 25, 2013
Position Team Played Goal Difference Points
View full table
1 Arsenal 12 14 28
2 Liverpool 12 11 24
3 Chelsea 12 11 24
4 Man City 12 22 22
5 Southampton 12 8 22
6 Man Utd 12 5 21
7 Everton 12 4 21
8 Newcastle 12 0 20
9 Tottenham 12 -3 20
10 Swansea 12 1 15
11 West Brom 11 0 14
12 Aston Villa 11 -1 14
13 Hull 12 -6 14
14 Stoke 12 -2 13
15 Cardiff 12 -6 13
16 Norwich 12 -13 11
17 West Ham 12 -5 10
18 Fulham 12 -10 10
19 Crystal Palace 12 -14 7
20 Sunderland 12 -16 7

So funny we are here; but I enjoined the Cardiff vs ManU match , it gives us breathing space. Expecting 3 points again from Wales in Cardiff...........................Up gunners................

3 Likes

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2013
Wenger told his club's official site: "No, nothing is different from Marseille really.

"We have no injuries. Of course we have some little concerns. People were a little bit rested like [Mikel] Arteta but they are all available now."
Gibbs is already back, the Frenchman having confirmed that he has recovered from sickness, remarking: "Kieran Gibbs was sick but he has already recovered yesterday. He is now back in the squad."

Arsenal head into the Cardiff clash sitting top of the Premier League table having collected 28 points from 12 games.
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 8:47am On Nov 29, 2013
3 points again, will be 31 by the end of the day, go gunners go....................

Possible line up.................

2 Likes

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2013
No be say I dey pray oh, but I wish Mancity,Manu, Chelsea drop points.........................

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by sojihandsome: 11:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Hey guy i discovered Naijabet site was off for some hours and am sure you guys must must have or be experiencing same issue. i have received a mail from them for an alternative link which is www.NaijaBet.net Money must be made this weekend December done enter.
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2013
sojihandsome: Hey guy i discovered Naijabet site was off for some hours and am sure you guys must must have or be experiencing same issue. i have received a mail from them for an alternative link which is www.NaijaBet.net Money must be made this weekend December done enter.
Ahaaa, Babajebu original.............
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ramsey will make a sensational return to Cardiff City ,Wales; he is a Welshman ...........

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Perky89(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
Predicting a win for arsenal..any bad mouth?
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by dotcomnamename: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
My prediction

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Sunderland
Cardiff 0 - 2 Arsenal
Everton 2 - 0 Stoke City
Norwich City 0 - 1 Crystal Palace
West Ham 1 - 1 Fulham
Newcastle 1 - 1 West brom
Tottenham 2 - 0 Manchester United
Hull City 0 - 3 Liverpool
Chelsea 1 - 2 Southampton
Manchester City 3 - 1 Swansea City

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2013
Arsenal please defend well well today and beat Cardiff oh...................................................

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 9:52am On Nov 30, 2013
Cardiff na 90 mins team...................Never say die; choke you to the last minute, Gunners beware................

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by tonydoes: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2013
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2013
tonydoes: pre match reading .... http://gidigooner..com/2013/11/match-preview-cardiff-vs-arsenal-lets.html
Quick match preview. So now its our turn to visit the wannabe Giant killers of Cardiff city. Coming off decent results against the two Manchester sides, my guess is they won't be shitting themselves over meeting us today..They would very much fancy their chances against us and rightly so..However, that could play into our hands a bit considering we tend to like it when teams of inferior technical caliber come at us gung ho..it leaves us with the sort of space we thrive-on to pick them apart. Newly promoted sides like Cardiff are always a breath of fresh air. At the outset of every new season, just look at how they start off desperate to prove they belong in the elite division. They play exciting stuff, entertain the neutrals, ruffle a few feathers of the big boys before they customarily hit a wall and the wheels start coming off their campaign (who could forget Blackpool of 2010/11). Only few have managed to successfully balance the raw enthusiasm of promotion and the tactical discipline required to mix it with the premiership teams. Naivety, squad size/squad quality, Managerial turnover are other factors that haven't helped their cause either but having said that, if you are big team top of the league like we are, you have to see games against promoted teams as chances to consolidate your stance.

Wales has been a good hunting ground for us lately. We have taken maximum points from our last two trips there at Swansea and excluding the Old Trafford debacle,our away form has been absolutely fantastic. We score at will away and barely let anything in on the road. Matter of fact only Aston Villa in that opening day from hell, has managed to put more than ONE past us all season home or away..Even the fluke strike scored by Grey haired traitor was hardly a fallout of any defensive apocalypse. We have a near fully fit squad and an almost 100% rested 1st-team, many thanks to the nice chaps from Marseilles who were generous enough to roll over on Tuesday without much fuss. Its not like our opponents today are some sort of high-flyers in the division, they may have taken the scalps of the two Manchester teams but aside that they haven't been overly terrific just look at their league position. I'll say this though, they have some weapons they use well. One of such is their set-piece play. There's that stuff they do on corner kicks where their guy Whittingham delivers the wicked ball in to your danger area deceptively enough for your keeper to think he can claim it only for either Turner or Caulker to nip in just in front of him and wreck havoc. We've successfully employed zonal marking in dealing with set plays and i have to say we have not fared badly but Per and Kos will have to demonstrate increased concentration level against the likes of those Big men i mentioned on free kicks and corners. Odemwingie hasn't quite hit the heights of his Westbrom fame after spectacularly falling out with them but he still boasts a dangerous scoring rate against us..2 goals in 3 starts. He'll have to be watched. Ditto for Frazier Campbell who is their big game man.

We know our strengths as a team. We are not Manchester United or Mancity. If they think because they rattled those guys then we won't be much hassle, they will be in for a lesson in premiership 101. Which teaches you that no 2 teams are ever the same in this division and that games spin on fine margins. We have a hectic December in the offing, with CfC and City to come..So we absolutely need to thrash teams like Cardiff just in-case we come unstuck in those title double-headers to come. Those two are our closest title rivals and their games could go any way in fairness. But if we manage to stack up a reservoir of points from beating the minnows, we will have enough to fall back on. Here's to 3 points, C'mon you REDS

2 Likes

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by donem: 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: My prediction

Cardiff 0 - 2 Arsenal
Everton 2 - 0 Stoke City
West Ham 1 - 1 Fulham

U'll get MUFC prediction utmostly wrong
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thank you oh Mr moderator........................I made it again..................

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by bastien: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
We dey win 2day,weather Man united/city no win der,we Gooners go win 4 there,our gun is loaded dis season,we gonna gun dem down

Up gooners

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by kliq(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2013

Cardiff 0 - 2 Arsenal
Everton 2 - 0 Stoke City
West Ham 1 - 1 Fulham

Lol....I pray so though

Arsenal........!
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Vivipedia: 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Clashing of titans. Visit: www.vivipedia.com
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by ameer2: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Cardiff 3-1 Arsenal. . .plus 0zil injured. . .dats my prediction for todays match

3 Likes

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Omooba77: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
ameer!:
Cardiff 3-1 Arsenal. . .plus 0zil injured. . .dats my prediction for todays match
Why una hate Arsenal so much like this.......................................
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by aujile(m): 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
ameer!:

y not try a bet? Lolz. For ur wildest imagination... Ozil is going full reason witout injury.

2 Likes

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
Cardiff 1-2 Arsenal
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Funpeter: 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Beat cardiff nd beat hull city next week before facing d big boys go gunners.

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Funpeter: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
Beat cardiff nd beat hull city next week before facing d big boys go gunners. And if you know and i know that our darling arsenal will go 7pt clear of Liverpool nd chelsea and 10pt clear of manU or 11 point clear of spurs pls click like.

6 Likes

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by ichommy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
Today go hot, where my Oga, Mukina *grap chair and sit beside her* oga xynerise, come and watch my bo!s o. Cos Cardiff trash you to draw.

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by boniflex(m): 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Funpeter: Beat cardiff nd beat hull city next week before facing d big boys go gunners. And if you know and i know that our darling arsenal will go 7pt clear of Liverpool nd chelsea and 10pt clear of manU or 11 point clear of spurs pls click like.
yes dear I pray ur post comes to reality. But no like for u today ok

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by obinoral(m): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2013

Cardiff 0 - 2 Arsenal
Everton 2 - 0 Stoke City
West Ham 1 - 1 Fulham

can i take it to the bank?
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by bastien: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
ameer!:
and how e wan take happen,4 dis shitTt wey u yarn,e go backfire to yur club

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by ceeceeco: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
MY FOOTBALL WEEKEND ytgffPREDICTION - Barclays Premier League; Aston Villa 0 - 1 Sunderland. Cardiff City 2 - 3 Arsenal. Chelsea 1 - 1 Southampton. Everton 1 - 1 Stoke City. Hull City 0 - 2 Liverpool. Manchester City 3 - 1 Swansea City. Newcastle united 4 - 3 West Bromwich Albion. Norwich City 3 - 2 Crystal Palace. Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 2 Manchester United. West Ham United 1 - 0 Fulham. §panish Primera División; Real Madrid 4 - 2 Real Valladolid. Athletic Bilbao 0 - 0 Barcelona. Italian §erie A; catania 0 - 1 AC Milan. Atalanta 1 - 2 AS Roma. Internazionale 3 - 1 Sampdoria. Juventus 1 - 0 Udinese. Lazio 3 - 3 Napoli. German Bundesliga; Bayern Munich 5 - 0 TSV Eintracht Braunschweig. Bayer Leverkusen 4 - 2 Nurnberg. Mainz 1 - 4 Borussia Dortmund. Schalke 04 0 - 0 Vfb Stuttgart. French Ligue 1; AS Monaco 2 - 0 Stade Rennes. Paris Saint-Germain 0 - 0 Olympique Lyonnaise.
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 by Afrok(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
No matter wot haters predicts, it's gonna be 90+4 minutes nd I expect arsenal to win dis match even if na 0-1. Team gunners...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs West Brom (1 - 0 ) On 21 November 2020 / Arsenal vs Sunderland EFL Cup (5 - 1) On 21st December 2021 / West Ham Vs Manchester United (1 - 0) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.