Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Oguta People,what About Them? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oguta People,what About Them? (3663 Views)

Imo People, What Is Wrong With Mbaise? / Benue People, What Does Aiye Po Gan Mean? / If U Are From Oguta Please Show Urself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oguta People,what About Them? by agadez007(m): 7:33am On Nov 25, 2013
so many years that i have lived in imo state i have come to find that no imolite has anything good to say about oguta people
they all swear that oguta people are very evil and quick to kill
pls whats your opinion?i ask because am going for my friend's dad burial at oguta and many of my friends keep discouraging me not to go
what do you think?
Should i heed their advice
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by obamamate: 8:12am On Nov 25, 2013
which oguta is that ? 1 or 2
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Abagworo(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2013
so many years that i have lived in Nigeria i have come to find that no Nigerian has anything good to say about Igbo people
they all swear that Igbo people are very evil and quick to kill
pls whats your opinion?i ask because am going for my friend's dad burial in Igboland and many of my friends keep discouraging me not to go
what do you think?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by bigfrancis21: 10:01am On Nov 25, 2013
Abagworo: so many years that i have lived in Nigeria i have come to find that no Nigerian has anything good to say about Igbo people
pls whats your opinion?i ask because am going for my friend's dad burial in Igboland and many of my friends keep discouraging me not to go
what do you think?

LOL!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by agadez007(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2013
obamamate: which oguta is that ? 1 or 2
how many ogutas are there?
Abagworo: so many years that i have lived in Nigeria i have come to find that no Nigerian has anything good to say about Igbo people
what do you think?
you sound like an oguta man,i dont usually believe stereotypes but they sited many examples which is making me have a bit afraid of your people
e.g-oguta people behave like onitsha people and call other igbos ''nwa onye igbo''
most ogutas marry from thier fellow ''mbammiris'' e.g ikwerre,cross riverians,ukwuanis,any imolite who marries from oguta are seen as unfortunate
you should know the character of your people nah

btw,i have nothing against oguta people o,just after my safety,thats all
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Wulfruna(f): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
You are going for a burial, not relocating to the place. Unless you've also heard that Oguta people attack strangers randomly, I really don't understand what this thread is all about.

Your Oguta friend...you've known him a long time. Has he tried to kill you yet?

Do I sense that this post has nothing to do with an actual burial, but is just a pretext to say 'stuff' about a whole community?
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Afam4eva(m): 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
People have always have something bad to say about every part of Igboland and i don't think these things should be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by AndreUweh(m): 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
agadez007: so many years that i have lived in imo state i have come to find that no imolite has anything good to say about oguta people
they all swear that oguta people are very evil and quick to kill
pls whats your opinion?i ask because am going for my friend's dad burial at oguta and many of my friends keep discouraging me not to go
what do you think?
It's high time we stop this idiotic idea of always creating we vs them thread. Stop this silly idea please.
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Nwaoguta(m): 7:55am On Nov 26, 2013
agez007 abi wetin be ur name ur mumu no get part 2
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by ifyalways(f): 11:18am On Nov 26, 2013
Nothing about them.
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Abagworo(m): 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
agadez007: how many ogutas are there?you sound like an oguta man,i dont usually believe stereotypes but they sited many examples which is making me have a bit afraid of your people
e.g-oguta people behave like onitsha people and call other igbos ''nwa onye igbo''
most ogutas marry from thier fellow ''mbammiris'' e.g ikwerre ,cross riverians,ukwuanis,any imolite who marries from oguta are seen as unfortunate
you should know the character of your people nah

btw,i have nothing against oguta people o,just after my safety,thats all

I sensed the target of this post from the on set and OP did not waste time to spill the beans.

1 Like

Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by agadez007(m): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
^^is there anything degeratory about ''mbammiri'',mbammiri is an igbo word for people living in watersides,oguta obviously have alot of rivers
abeg if you cant answer my question,leave
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Abagworo(m): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
agadez007: ^^is there anything degeratory about ''mbammiri'',mbammiri is an igbo word for people living in watersides,oguta obviously have alot of rivers
abeg if you cant answer my question,leave

Oguta is not Mbamiri. Ikwerre is not Mbamiri. Crossriver is not Mbamiri. Igbos don't use that word for them. Oguta is Oru, Ikwerre is Ikwerre and Crossriver is Mmon'. Mbamiri is used in reference to mainly Nembe, Brass, Bonny, Opobo, Kalabari etc. I guess you are not Igbo or you are from far North of Igboland and know little about the South. Oguta people migrated from Delta hundreds of years back and share cultural and lingual affirnity with Ukwuani and Aboh.

3 Likes

Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by obamamate: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
I'm from Oguta, and all you said are BIG Lies! Chai!

#TeamGOM

2 Likes

Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by agadez007(m): 7:02am On Nov 27, 2013
abeg,make una no eat me,its what i was told,ok?
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2013
agadez007: abeg,make una no eat me,its what i was told,ok?
So if i tell you that every Calabar man eats dog, you go believe? *Smh*

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by agadez007(m): 7:10am On Nov 27, 2013
its not that i believed,i wont have asked if i believed
Re: Oguta People,what About Them? by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 27, 2013
agadez007: its not that i believed,i wont have asked if i believed
Oguta is a peaceful Urban area, we are not a village.

Our people are so welcoming.
Don't be deceived. . .

#TeamGOM

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't White People Have African Surnames? / Chadic Group Of Languages. / Monday Morning Rush Hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.