Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? (2466 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
There are so many teachings and doctrines taught by pastors, evangelist, bishop, prophet and even the pope that are so confusing and does nt match with the scripture. Each pastors and what have you have their own teaching about a particular subject in the bible yet they all claim that their teaching was inspired by the holyspirit.

For example pastor chris oyakhilome teaches that self-service is not a sin yet another pastor will preach that it is a sin yet both of them will claim that they were inspired by the holyspirit.

Also some pastors will say u must pay ur tithe and another will preach that no need for tithe yet both pastors will claim that they receive the inspiration from the holyspirit.
Now, are there more than one holyspirit that inspire different teaching on one particular subject? Is the holyspirit the author of confusion? I doubt. There must be something wrong cos there is only one holyspirit. And i am nt sure if he is d one inspiring them to contradict themselves.

This is why i ask the question, are there more than one holyspirit. If the answer is no. Why are pastors, evangelist, bishops, prophet, arch bishops, double prophets and the pope are contradicting themselves.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin
You have too many questions, you must be a confused christian like many other confused christians.

Yes, there are as many holy Spirits as there are churches and religion body. Holy Spirit = Doctrine
No two churches can have the same Holy Spirit unfortunately.

Holy Spirit is simply your inner mind, your convictions, your beliefs.

Wetin your mind tell you is holy Spirit

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
Demain_man: grin grin grin
You have too many questions, you must be a confused christian like many other confused christians.

Yes, there are as many holy Spirits as there are churches and religion body. Holy Spirit = Doctrine
No two churches can have the same Holy Spirit unfortunately.

Holy Spirit is simply your inner mind, your convictions, your believes. Wetin your mind tell you is holy Spirit
u see urself now. I am confused and ur post shows that u are more confused. Hw can the holyspirit be what ur mind tells u. So if my mind tells me that stealing is not a sin does it mean that it was the holyspirit? Ur brain need check up. I am nt confused by the way.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ukuts gp: There are so many teachings and doctrines taught by pastors, evangelist, bishop, prophet and even the pope that are so confusing and does nt match with the scripture. Each pastors and what have you have their own teaching about a particular subject in the bible yet they all claim that their teaching was inspired by the holyspirit.

For example pastor chris oyakhilome teaches that self-service is not a sin yet another pastor will preach that it is a sin yet both of them will claim that they were inspired by the holyspirit.

Also some pastors will say u must pay ur tithe and another will preach that no need for tithe yet both pastors will claim that they receive the inspiration from the holyspirit.
Now, are there more than one holyspirit that inspire different teaching on one particular subject? Is the holyspirit the author of confusion? I doubt. There must be something wrong cos there is only one holyspirit. And i am nt sure if he is d one inspiring them to contradict themselves.

This is why i ask the question, are there more than one holyspirit. If the answer is no. Why are pastors, evangelist, bishops, prophet, arch bishops, double prophets and the pope are contradicting themselves.
chai

see wetin martin luther cause
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ukuts gp: u see urself now. I am confused and ur post shows that u are more confused. Hw can the holyspirit be what ur mind tells u. So if my mind tells me that stealing is not a sin does it mean that it was the holyspirit? Ur brain need check up. I am nt confused by the way.

I no mean to offend you sir. we are saying the same thing. How can the same holy spirit be causing confussion and so many breakaway factions?

No vex.

If one pastor inner mind(holy spirit) convince him that chopping tithe is Ok, he goes ahead and chop tithe.

if another pastor inner mind (holy spirit) tell him that collecting from the poor and downtrodden is stealing, he will not do so. You see what i mean?

I no mean to annoy you. I am as confused with spiritual things as you are hence i don't worry myself about things of the spirit!
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin ukuts i swear u funny

try comedy
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
woky: chai

see wetin martin luther cause

I hope you know that whatever Luther might have done, the Roman Catholic "popes" did ten times or more worse! grin

In fact they even wanted to murder the same Luther. wink

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enigma:

I hope you know that whatever Luther might have done, the Roman Catholic "popes" did ten times or more worse! grin

smiley

This man don come again with him Catholic teaching and bashing. na wa. Can you recommend a good house of worship for me sir? And no tell me to go look for any bible believing church because all of them claim to be bible believing!
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
woky: grin grin grin
this is nt catholic bashing thread. So what brought u to this thread. Anyway, i know what brought u here.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
Demain_man:

This man don come again with him Catholic teaching and bashing. na wa. Can you recommend a good house of worship for me sir? And no tell me to go look for any bible believing church because all of them claim to be bible believing!
grin
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ukuts gp: this is nt catholic bashing thread. So what brought u to this thread. Anyway, i know what brought u here.
am i not welcm
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Civory(m): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
ukuts, I think the pastors and prophets and co you mentioned are only saying what they feel about a particular subject in the scriptures and not what the Holy Spirit said, otherwise they won't be saying different things about the same thing.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
Demain_man:

You already have a place; I'm not going to stop you from going there.

Meanwhile, if this is not a Roman Catholic bashing thread - is it a Luther bashing thread?

You Roman Catholics should at least try to be balanced. If one of you can slander Luther why will people not "bash" the Roman Catholic Church.

What made Luther leave the Roman Catholic Church again?

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enigma:

smiley
hmmmm talk for another thread
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
Civory: ukuts, I think the pastors and prophets and co you mentioned are only saying what they feel about a particular subject in the scriptures and not what the Holy Spirit said, otherwise they won't be saying different things about the same thing.

This ties in with my view as well
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
woky: hmmmm talk for another thread

Anywhere you like, no problemo. smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enigma:

Meanwhile, if this is not a Roman Catholic bashing thread - is it a Luther bashing thread?

You Catholics should at least try to be balanced. If one of you can slander Luther why will people not "bash" the Roman Catholic Church.

smiley

His own HOLY SPIRIT i guess. Holy Spirit is doing many many things to we Christians
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enigma:

You Catholics should at least try to be balanced. If one of you can slander Luther why will people not "bash" the Roman Catholic Church.

smiley
*sigh*
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Demain_man:

His own HOLY SPIRIT i guess. Holy Spirit is doing many many things to we Christians

And the Roman Catholic "Holy Spirit" was teaching and making the "popes" do all those insane things that everyone recognised? Even including what the "pope" Adrian VI who was initially charged with cleaning up the mess that Luther identified?
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enigma:

You Roman Catholics should at least try to be balanced. If one of you can slander Luther why will people not "bash" the Roman Catholic Church.

smiley
the catholic like running their mouth like tap. Why mentioning luther at all. Is luther responsible for this? Why nt the pope
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enigma:

And the Roman Catholic "Holy Spirit" was teaching and making the "popes" do all those insane things that everyone recognised? Even including what the "pope" Adrian VI who was initially charged with cleaning up the mess that Luther identified?

My brother we are all saying the same thing. Too many holy spirits using too many people.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
Demain_man:

My brother we are all saying the same thing. Too many holy spirits using too many people.

See, bros: if we are are all genuinely seeking to understand why we have all this mess and we tend to look like a joke to non-Christians, my attitude will be different.

But it is the kind of statement "see what Luther caused" that adds to the problem (even caused it in the first place) and that helps nobody; that is the one I cannot stomach. Meanwhile, you will never hear me say that Luther was perfect either. smiley

cool
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Civory: ukuts, I think the pastors and prophets and co you mentioned are only saying what they feel about a particular subject in the scriptures and not what the Holy Spirit said, otherwise they won't be saying different things about the same thing.
they should just tell us that they are using their human knowledge and senses instead of telling us that they were inspired by the holyspirit. Lying against the holyspirit.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
Have u nt seen a pastor saying in church that, the holyspirit ministered to him that the first 50 people to rush out with the sum of 100,000 naira before he count to 10 will receive double blessing from God within one month? Is that nt funny?
At least if the church hv some need that they want to meet they can informed the congregation to make contribution instead of employing tactics that the holyspirit ministered to him whereas nothing like that happened.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by spencerwilliams(m): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
D fada is one,d son is one,d holy spirit is one(d trinity).It doesn't mata wat a pastor,bishop,evangelist nd d rest of dem may preach,wat we knw from wat d bible teaches us proves dat d holy spirit is ONE,nd der ought 2 b one doctrin irespectiv of wer u com from.rememba Jesus said i wil send u a comfota,take nt A COMFOTA,nt comfortas,so u see dat d holy spirit is one,rememba Jesus said i am d way d trut nd d lif,sometimes i wonda if dis diferent doctrines emanated from dat same early apostles dat wer in one accord breakin bread from hous 2 hous.but i don't tink so,2 find out about dis read d book of jud 1:4 nd u wil see wat d bible was talkin about certain men who turned d grace of God into licence for imorality.God bles u All.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enigma:

smiley
recommend a church for him.. Simple.!
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enigma:

And the Roman Even including what the "pope" Adrian VI who was initially charged with cleaning up the mess that Luther identified?
what ar u tryin to say??
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
woky: recommend a church for him.. Simple.!

The discussion has moved on to a serious and better level; try and keep up!

woky: what ar u tryin to say??

Martin Luther identified serious problems with the Roman Catholic Church of his day and its "popes" and bishops. Even though the RCC excommunicated him and tried to kill him, some of them at least recognised that the RCC truly had problems. Adrian VI became "pope" around this time and wanted to do some reforms (he couldn't and he died within 2 years anyway). However, as "pope" he said:

"For many years, abominable things have taken place in the chair of Peter, abuses in spiritual matters, translations of the commandments, so that everything here has been wickedly perverted."

Before he became a "pope" (and afterwards too) he said another interesting thing that I'll post another time: he said the "pope" is not infallible! Yep, a Roman Catholic "pope" said "popes" are not infallible. wink

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 12:26am On Nov 26, 2013
Enigma:

The discussion has moved on to a serious and better level; try and keep up!

Martin Luther identified serious problems with the Roman Catholic Church of his day and its "popes" and bishops. Even though the RCC excommunicated him and tried to kill him, some of them at least recognised that the RCC truly had problems. Adrian VI became "pope" around this time and wanted to do some reforms (he couldn't and he died within 2 years anyway). However, as "pope" he said:

"For many years, abominable things have taken place in the chair of Peter, abuses in spiritual matters, translations of the commandments, so that everything here has been wickedly perverted."

Before he became a "pope" (and afterwards too) he said another interesting thing that I'll post another time: he said the "pope" is not infallible! Yep, a Roman Catholic "pope" said "popes" are not infallible. wink

smiley
mind you, pope Adrian VI died 1year after his coronation, i dnt tink he spend upto 2year as Pope.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 1:19am On Nov 26, 2013
Enigma:

See, bros: if we are are all genuinely seeking to understand why we have all this mess and we tend to look like a joke to non-Christians, my attitude will be different.

But it is the kind of statement "see what Luther caused" that adds to the problem (even caused it in the first place) and that helps nobody; that is the one I cannot stomach. Meanwhile, you will never hear me say that Luther was perfect either. smiley

cool

Thank God i don't bother myself about spiritual things. The more you think about them, the more confused you get.

I was watching one slavery movie the other day 'DJango Unchained' You will not belief how the white people treated the black slaves during those times, it was terrible, terrible experience. I thank God for not creating me around that era. Wetin man for do?

Whiteman that brought us christianity and civilization treated us worse that Pharoah treated the Isrealites and here we are arguing about the religion they used to enslave us.

By the way, why did God make the bible so difficult to understand that it should require 'special' interpreters to tell us the content? each one interpreting it anyhow he/she wants?
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 1:25am On Nov 26, 2013
@ Enigma

instead of derailing, why cnt you creat a thread on "papal infallibility"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Role Of The Pastor In Evangelism -an Encounter With Pastor David Oyedepo [jnr] / Proof That God Exists / Mr Niger D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.