Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (35780 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Isaacpyo04(m): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
Op, pls where can I get Dell XPS 8500 or 8700 in Nigeria, because I'm contemplating of ordering for it online
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by benny4wax(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
i am watching with kin interest............
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by easyz(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
trigar12: If am to buy a fairly used laptop for 40k in computer village, wot kinda specs should i be looking for?

A laptop stocked with fufu or eba grin

No offense pls
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Tbken: 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
kekakuz: others include
your pocket,led. or lcd
nd most importantly,don't but it from omo Nna (Nigerian Jews)
Must you dispay ur stupidityy and foolishness every where you go...e-diot
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by easyz(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Do not buy a cheap laptop and expect too much from it.. If you need a high quality laptop budget atleast 120k-220k..

Sha the laptop go come with printer and 2 gallons of ink ni?

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by mediachirps(m): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
nice guide, is more like it, check my signature.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
I am currently using Compaq Presario CQ56-US110 Notebook. Works well, except for the DVD-RW that stop functioning after some months. It's a perfect machine for those that are not into programming and gaming.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by far222(f): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
hi stay in Lafia Nasty state n I need a brand new mini laptop with good specification for 28000
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by far222(f): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
hi stay in Lafia Nas state n I need a brand new mini laptop with good specification for 28000
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by kekakuz(m): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Tbken: Must you dispay ur stupidityy and foolishness every where you go...e-diot
shut up am talking from experience
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by mmimahbub(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
alotofgrace: Angola declares islam illegal

http://abume4life..com/2013/11/angola-bans-islam-and-shuts-down-all.html
Mr.(Dr) Jobless Dumbie ....thats the only thing your eyes showed you on this page? Or its the only thing in your mind?
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by otumfour(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
A Mac kiss, what a laptop....A laptop that gives u that same exciting feeling u got the first time got it, even after 3yrs of usage......

1's u go MAC, you can never go BACK
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by thewarrior72: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
kekakuz: others include
your pocket,led. or lcd
nd most importantly,don't but it from omo Nna (Nigerian Jews)
Are u from ijebu-ode, because ur English sucks........

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by thewarrior72: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
pappilo: I think people who can afford the best should get laptops/ultrabooks with SSDs. I just got a Lenovo Yoga convertible this morning. Specs include:

13.3" full HD screen.
Intel i5 processor
4 GB RAM
128GB SSD

This should last me for the next 5 years. My Toshiba Equim U400 that I bought in December 2008 has refused to die so I have now passed that to my kids to play Kizu games on.
How much?
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by thewarrior72: 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
The op created the thread & disappeared into thin air ni? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Cross007: 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
grin
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by slap1(m): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
slap1: My laptop's battery is bad. Should I go for the new replacement? How many hours battery life can I get from a new battery? I need urgent answer cos I will be buying it next week.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by mohib99: 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
noted.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Flasysam(m): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
ozoneprince: Buying a new laptop computer can be both frustrating and expensive. Technology is growing with times, a sign of transformation. Same can be in computer world, previously we used to be happy with PC but now the whole criteria are changed as people are upgrading themselves for using Laptops. Recent years showed advancement in Laptops and the reason behind increased purchasing trends is its portability which makes it easy to use and moving from one place to another without applying efforts. So people prefer the use of Laptops over Personal Computers because of several reasons including upcoming technology, portability, etc. But, often we get baffled when it comes to purchasing new Laptops.
Often, we are deceived by purchasing the system which is not self-reliable to use. So, before buying a new Laptop,
things to consider before buying a new laptop are below :

1. Specifications:
This is the initiative point one should keep in mind before buying a new Laptop. Technical specifications include system’s hardware and software ingredients which is the basic things. One should check out the RAM capacity, Hard Disk, Processor, Video Card, etc which ascertain a Laptop’s reliability or otherwise. If its capacity is low, then you will obviously suffer fluctuations like frequent hanging up of system and so on. So, it’s recommended to go with such master piece which is derived with at least 4 GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Disk, Dual Core i5 processor including one Graphic Card. So, before purchasing any Laptop, put this into consideration.

2. Structure and Durability:
The next priority to keep in mind is Laptop’s structure which includes size, durability, weight and so on. The main purpose for selecting net book is its portability and if the size for same is lumpy, then there’s no catch. So you should see whether the device is handy or not. You should also think of its weight; normally, a system weighing about two kilogrammes is pretty to determine the reliability and portability.
These two factors even determine the durability of system. Users with harsh working tendency always need that device to endure surprising shocks. So, the laptop must have extra tough metal covered, to ensure no internal damages are done to the hard disk, processor, etc. Thus, if you are completely satisfied with the structure of a Laptop, then go for it.

3. Battery Life:
The Battery Life is directly or indirectly the first need of any user. If the device’s battery system is of poor quality, then one will face many inevitable problems. The very first thing to do as a customer is, first ask about the Laptop’s battery life. So one should check and enquire about maximum support the Laptop’s battery will give. Standard need is 10 hours or as per usage.

4. Price and Budget:
Every person has its own budget, and one should buy Laptops bearing same in mind. For instance, if your budget is 25, 000 and you are dreaming of a device which costs 50, 000, this is calling for avoidable debts. So, in such case, you should concentrate on main functions needed for your use. In cheap price you can’t enjoy latest technology but can surely seek out functions which are basic and required one.

5. Other Specifications:
Other things include connectivity, user guide, display resolution, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB ports, etc. These are the required specifications which users should keep and things to consider before buying a new laptop ,For new and fairly used or london used laptop if you need we can direct you to a best shop in Abuja,and any place you are ,do not hesitate to drop your comment if any,on our drop box.

: http://.com/things-to-consider-before-buying-a-new-laptop/#sthash.uXnmlUHf.dpuf
How much is hp pavillion g8 and g6 or dv6. I nid one of them either new or fairly used. Am in owerri
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Flasysam(m): 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
How much is hp pavillion g8 and g6 or dv6. I nid one of them either new or fairly used. Am in owerri
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by DickoElemi(m): 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
gud information....
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by juman(m): 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jakaiso(m): 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
Guest101~:
OP, what have you to say about HP elitebook 6930p Intel Duo Core 2?

While the Core 2 Duo is a 6 years + technology-it is very good and reliable. All elitebooks were designed to be premium business laptops and durable-the 6930p is very good-I am assuming you bought this used-thus you may want to consider changing the hard drive-especially if your laptop starts running slow.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jakaiso(m): 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
gcfr.com:
Am about buying a dell610 for 22k, is that a good deal?

Dell D610 is every good at 22k IF there are no issues with the laptop ( e.g. low battery life etc)-I sell D610s for 25k to 30k. If the D610 laptop you have is a 2.0Ghz with 2gb ram -then you have a sweet deal in your hands!
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jakaiso(m): 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
Briel33: pls with less dan 25k, can i b able to get a nice laptop?

Yes- 25k is about $150-you can get a good Pentium M or Pentium 4 laptop from a professional-if buying from a user just looking to offload his laptop-you could even get a dual core. Also netbooks fall in that category.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jakaiso(m): 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
webpower84: beware of motherboard problem. I don talk say i no go use dell again

All laptops eventually have motherboard problems at one point or the other. If you ask some people -they will tell you its only HP laptops-some will say Dell-and others will say only those with amd chips.
But sincerly its all laptops-thats how people like me make money-we buy laptops with motherboard issues and fix them-and -I have encountered motherboard problems on every kind of laptop!
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jakaiso(m): 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
trigar12: If am to buy a fairly used laptop for 40k in computer village, wot kinda specs should i be looking for?

40K should give you a dual core laptop and if you can bargain well-it should have a webcam and at least 3gb memory.-I am not speaking for computer village though-but the value of your 40k.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
I recalled when I bought my dell inspiron 1464 with acqua Blue back (blue is my favorite colour) with brushed aluminium wrist area+ keypad back in New Delhi in 2010
Specification was windows 7 home basic 64bit default OS (but upgraded to win 8 ultimate and downgraded to win 7 ultimate 64bit this year)

intel core i3 2.13 GHz @ dual core 4 threads,
14.0 inch WXGA (1366x768) HD glossy widescreen with trubrite technology,
500GB. Sata HDD @ 5400rpm,
4GB ram upgradable to 8GB max.
Bluetooth,
wifi b/g/n,
sata Optical DVD drive,
ethernet,
HDMI,
3 port 2.0 USB ports,
Intel HD graphics processor,
SRS surround speakers (realtek HD sound drivers)
camera (with face recognition software)
Microphone
4 cell Li ion battery which lasts 2hours under intense use but does 2hr 30mins under normal usage

I still use this piece of gadget till today without any regret and it still looks great and performs great although I had planned to upgrade the processor to i7 quad cores, graphics to AMD HD or nvidia HD, HDD to 1TB, and ram to 8GB. But I backed out and still left the PC running stock. Reason why I wanted to upgrade the parts was because I'm into graphics plus I play lots of HD graphics games. But I discovered there was no need because my pc @ default still did those task with little or no lags. I might change the blue back case soon to Mike Ming® arts back casing to refresh the looks.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jakaiso(m): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
da ceo1: hey guys... I jst bought a belgium hp laptop core i2, 1gb ram, hard disk 110G, batterylife 1hr 40mins for 41k... Pls did i make d right choice??

Do you mean Core 2 Duo? What is the exact model number of the HP? As in HP Pavilion dv4 or HP Probook 4520s?
41k doesnt look bad for a dual core laptop-although you could have gotten more memory for that price.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jakaiso(m): 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
ollykay619: I av N45,000 nd I need suggestions on which type of laptop (uk used) I can buy as a computer science student.

45K dont settle for anything LESS THAN a dual core with at least 3 gigs of memory and over 160gb hard drive. Possibly a webcam. Also battery life of over 2 hours.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by NOLONGTIN1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
I feel the 1st thing to consider b4 buying a laptop/computer is What do I want to do with the laptop? .

If it's for typing or browsing or watching movies then you don't need a laptop with 2GB RAM 500gb hard disk etc any system that can run windows xp would do.

If it's for graphic design (animation) or Gaming then you would need a high tech laptop and special attention should be paid to the size of the L2 cache, RAM and graphics card - don't buy any laptop with Intel graphics card

Research online about the system you intend to buy.

I have a habit of always searching with Google using 2 search string 'Advantages' and 'disadvantages'.

1. Advantages of Samsung S4
2. disadvantages of Samsung S4,

when I wanted to buy an S4
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jakaiso(m): 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
gidzbobby: Am a fan of apple, I think 150k should get me an apple laptop.

With 150K-dont settle for anything less than a macbook pro 2008 or after and if you do your home work well-you can get as far as a 2012!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing / The Best ISP In Nigeria? / Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.