Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

6 Months Passport Validity Rule - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Months Passport Validity Rule (1688 Views)

Scammer Exposed! Validity Aka Bryan Lim / You Can Travel To Switzerland From Uk If You Hold >=6 Months Valid Leave / Uk Student Visa Validity Extension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Months Passport Validity Rule by babypipsy: 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Dear Friends, Please I need advice on this; I have a valid US visa but my passport expires in April 2014, I intend travelling in December 2013. Do I need a new passport? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 6 Months Passport Validity Rule by obongtunji: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
You don't need another visa, you can use the one you have, have a nice stay....lop
Re: 6 Months Passport Validity Rule by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
obongtunji: You don't need another visa, you can use the one you have, have a nice stay....lop
bros, read very well.. She was asking if she needs a new passport
Re: 6 Months Passport Validity Rule by bigtt76(f): 3:06am On Nov 26, 2013
Validity rules applies only during the application stage. if you are traveling on the passport that expires soon, it means you will have to apply for another on your return. I would advice that you apply for the renewal now while in Nigeria than when out there.
Re: 6 Months Passport Validity Rule by kunlebal(m): 6:31am On Nov 26, 2013
babypipsy: Dear Friends, Please I need advice on this; I have a valid US visa but my passport expires in April 2014, I intend travelling in December 2013. Do I need a new passport? Thanks.
My sister, apply for another one before traveling, if u know the right people you should get the new one btw 2 to 3days. You might have problem at Point of Entry(POE).
Re: 6 Months Passport Validity Rule by babypipsy: 7:36am On Nov 26, 2013
thanks, I think I will just go ahead and apply for renewal to avoid any hitch.
bigtt76: Validity rules applies only during the application stage. if you are traveling on the passport that expires soon, it means you will have to apply for another on your return. I would advice that you apply for the renewal now while in Nigeria than when out there.
kunlebal:
My sister, apply for another one before traveling, if u know the right people you should get the new one btw 2 to 3days. You might have problem at Point of Entry(POE).

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Places You Don’t Want To Visit / Flying Qatar Airlines / Proposed Changes To The Canadian Citizenship Act. Good News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.