Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music (897 Views)

Can Somebody Explain How He/she Understands Royals By Lorde / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Bow Wow Disses Romeo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Ijawboi(m): 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lorde is speaking her mind again, calling out Drake and Nicki Minaj for making “irrelevant” music.
The teenage singer, who has dissed Disney stars, Selena Gomez, David Guetta, and
others in her young career, tells Interview, “Around the middle of last year I started
listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana
Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn’t relate to me — or
anyone that I knew.”
She says, “I began thinking, ‘How are we listening to this? It’s completely irrelevant.’”
As for her own growing fame, Lorde says,
“That’s the good thing about starting off in
New Zealand, there is absolutely no concept of ’celebrity’ or fame.” She explains, “‘Famous’ people here, like Shortland Street actors, you all have mutual friends on Facebook, you know? Yeah, people are starting to recognize me now, which is kind of weird. But in New Zealand, it’s easy to hide from that stuff.”

What do you think about Lorde’s comments?

Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 27, 2013
this crusty old hag should go and rest! undecided her opinion sucks! and so does she grin i love "royals" tho kiss
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Mynd44: 5:10am On Nov 27, 2013
Everybody wan form relevant
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Nomski0(f): 7:14am On Nov 27, 2013
I love Lorde. She can hardly do any wrong in my eyes. cheesy

But she needs to stop dissing everyone. You can carve yourself a space in the industry without talking about everyone.angry
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 27, 2013
Keep quiet jor ! You're only known because of one song. Come back in a few years and you can diss who you like.
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Vivly(f): 7:40am On Nov 27, 2013
So 'Royals' has made her relevant enough to start dissing others with bigger and better hits.
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Dannylux: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2013
Okay

Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by missterious(f): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2013
She was named as one of the most influential teens of 2013 so I guess all this dissing is paying off. I liked Royals though
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by MsSpaqs(f): 10:47am On Nov 27, 2013
'Let me be your ruler,you can call me queen bee cuz baby i'll ruuuule.Let me leave that fantasy'.Regarding her comment lipsrsealed
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Ijawboi(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
mayapop: this crusty old hag should go and rest! undecided her opinion sucks! and so does she grin i love "royals" tho kiss
she's 17
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 02, 2013
Ijawboi: she's 17
I know! undecided miley's fans called her a crusty old hag grin
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by chromatic: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2013
I like Lorde but didn't she laud Nicki in one of her interviews sometime back?
"I feel like mystery is more interesting",and called American musical artist Nicki Minaj an "important female in pop"
Re: Lorde Disses Drake And Nicki Minaj For Making “completely Irrelevant” Music by Tarenaija(m): 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ijawboi: she's 17
v

(1) (Reply)

Yemi Alade - TANGERINE [official Video] / DOWNLOAD NEW MUSIC>> Legendury Beatz – Oje Ft. Wizkid / Music: Tekno – Zima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.