Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. (1748 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? / The Efficacy Of His Blood. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
A short real life story drives home my point best.

A few months ago, I had this friend who wanted to get married. His mum was the extremely religious type who believes in words of pastors, hook line and sinker.

Off she went to meet the pastor for prayers about the coming union. She gave the man both names. The man prayed and said they both weren't compatible. He said the lady was this type of girl who will end up scaring all family members out of their home. He claimed even the mother will hate to go to visit her son.

GBAM. The mother came back home, delivered the pastors message to my friend and told him the planned marriage will no longer hold. My friend was so perplexed and confused that he didn't know what to do.

He eventually narrated the incidence to me and I started laughing. I told him those pastors are scams and are bunch of liars.

He found it difficult to believe me so I decided to prove what I said to him.

I told him to get the pastors numb from his mum. Call the pastor and give him another of his name. Tell him he needs prayers cos he's about getting married and needs to know if the union will be a success. I told him to give the man another of his name and another of the girls name.

Lol, the guy did exactly as I said and the pastor told him he'll get back to him as he needs to pray over it.

Eventually when he called the pastor to hear the result of the prayer, guess what? The pastor said, THEY ARE PERFECTLY COMPATIBLE grin grin

If prayers truly works, shouldn't the pastor had known through the spirit of God it was the same person?

Shouldn't he had said the same thing?

I implore all christians to try this little test with their pastors since its the best way to expose them for the scam they truly are.

And don't forget to come back to tell us the result. grin grin.

5 Likes

Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Na so scaming bad reach for Naija. Anyhow the guy should have just married the girl without going to meet the pastor,most of these so called pastors lie.
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 27, 2013
"By their friut" says the Bible, "you shall know them". Prayers isn't something to be ignored (but AVIOD SCAMMERS IN EVERY WAY you can). The Bible already prophesied that during the last days, wolves would appear in sheep clothing. I'm afraid those wolves have really outnumbered those sheep. I'll advice all who wants it to SINCERLY BEG GOD for guidiance through HIS holy spirit. You dig?
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 27, 2013
FOOL FINDER: Na so scaming bad reach for Naija. Anyhow the guy should have just married the girl without going to meet the pastor,most of these so called pastors lie.

It wasn't even the guy who went to meet the pastor. It was his mum. That exactly is what most ladies do prior to getting married. If pastor never say "compatible", no marriage.

Anyway, that method is to me the best way to confirm the scam of prayer
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2013
Leo Adewale: "By their friut" says the Bible, "you shall know them". Prayers isn't something to be ignored (but AVIOD SCAMMERS IN EVERY WAY you can). The Bible already prophesied that during the last days, wolves would appear in sheep clothing. I'm afraid those wolves have really outnumbered those sheep. I'll advice all who wants it to SINCERLY BEG GOD for guidiance through HIS holy spirit. You dig?

My point exactly is that, there is no God up there who answers prayers. You can even pray to a wall for all I care, the result is the same
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 02, 2013
rationalmind:

My point exactly is that, there is no God up there who answers prayers. You can even pray to a wall for all I care, the result is the same
well, there must be a reason for your opinion. My opinion came through thorough investigation (I'd put my nose where not nessesary) and my conclusion is that there's an Almighty God. May I know the reason for your opinion?
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by NoProphecy: 4:03am On Dec 02, 2013
Leo Adewale: well, there must be a reason for your opinion. My opinion came through thorough investigation (I'd put my nose where not nessesary) and my conclusion is that there's an Almighty God. May I know the reason for your opinion?

I agree with you. I reached my opinion through investigation, fasting, and prayer. My conclusion was that the Monkey God Hanuman is real and the only God worthy of worship. Anyone who does not come to this same conclusion has obviously not investigated at all, not investigated deep enough or is just plain stupid.

[img]http://media.indiatimes.in/media/content/2013/Oct/images_hanuman_med2_1381737207_540x540.jpg[/img]

Can you please tell me what "investigations" you did to reach your obviously incorrect conclusion?
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Leo Adewale: well, there must be a reason for your opinion. My opinion came through thorough investigation (I'd put my nose where not nessesary) and my conclusion is that there's an Almighty God. May I know the reason for your opinion?

Mine also came through several investigations other than the op. I would had loved to tell you several incidences that led me to the conclusion that no one answers prayers. The op is one of them.
By the way, have you carried out the test on your pastor grin.

And may I know what investigation led you to your conclusion. Tell me what made you feel anyone God answers prayers
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 02, 2013
NoProphecy:

I agree with you. I reached my opinion through investigation, fasting, and prayer. My conclusion was that the Monkey God Hanuman is real and the only God worthy of worship. Anyone who does not come to this same conclusion has obviously not investigated at all, not investigated deep enough or is just plain stupid.

[img]http://media.indiatimes.in/media/content/2013/Oct/images_hanuman_med2_1381737207_540x540.jpg[/img]

Can you please tell me what "investigations" you did to reach your obviously incorrect conclusion?

Hehehe, brilliant response bro. Some investigate n it leads to allah, some FSM. In ur own case, the monkey God.
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 02, 2013
NoProphecy:

d search 4 d true God is like trying to solve a difficult maths. Those who are most likely 2 solve it are those who have been exposed 2 such task as solving maths since childhood and are intrested in it. Not some people who just decides to be good at maths when their black hair is turning white. I've been exposed 2 famous world religions gettin infos from a non-biased point of view & I've stumbled upon so many articles on the net. I found out dat most religion, are false, & are a burden 2 humans. Their flaws are easily spotted compared 2 dat which have no flaw (except if some1 wanna have a baseless argument). Satan is determined 2 make d human race his followers, therefore, it's logical dat he uses various means 2 get followers. Just like some1 who pirates CD's. He will make more sales than the original owner buh his CD's is a silent killer to ur DVD, though u may know, buh u'll continue patronise him due to d varieties stuffed up in his CD's. My conclusion is that I'd rather serve Jah who's in heaven to any other thing Satan implements through men to get men. Whereby his puppets get richer and the spiritually dead people will get poorer or and enslaved
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 02, 2013
Leo Adewale: d search 4 d true God is like trying to solve a difficult maths. Those who are most likely 2 solve it are those who have been exposed 2 such task as solving maths since childhood and are intrested in it. Not some people who just decides to be good at maths when their black hair is turning white. I've been exposed 2 famous world religions gettin infos from a non-biased point of view & I've stumbled upon so many articles on the net. I found out dat most religion, are false, & are a burden 2 humans. Their flaws are easily spotted compared 2 dat which have no flaw (except if some1 wanna have a baseless argument). Satan is determined 2 make d human race his followers, therefore, it's logical dat he uses various means 2 get followers. Just like some1 who pirates CD's. He will make more sales than the original owner buh his CD's is a silent killer to ur DVD, though u may know, buh u'll continue patronise him due to d varieties stuffed up in his CD's. My conclusion is that I'd rather serve Jah who's in heaven to any other thing Satan implements through men to get men. Whereby his puppets get richer and the spiritually dead people will get poorer or and enslaved

Your premise is flawed. You erroneously assumed we haven't been exposed to searching for God and we weren't interested in it. That's wrong. We left it after we realised its bladerdash.
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 02, 2013
rationalmind:

Mine also came through several investigations other than the op. I would had loved to tell you several incidences that led me to the conclusion that no one answers prayers. The op is one of them.
By the way, have you carried out the test on your pastor grin.

And may I know what investigation led you to your conclusion. Tell me what made you feel anyone God answers prayers
I don't need to carry out tests on those scammers calling themselves pastors, bishops, most senior reverend or whatever they call themselves. It's like telling me to test a jet to see if it's diffrent from an aeroplane. The difference is clear to those who aren't blind to the facts. If you have a bible, please read 2nd Peter chapter 2, the Bible already PROPHESIED their existense during these last days. Buh it seems Naija peepz wanna be blind to facts. The reason why I concluded there's a God whose name is Jehovah, that answers REASONABLE, NON-SELFISH, NON-SELF-RIGHTEOUS prayers is that those prayers that I say according to the way Jesus laid down are answered as if by magic. I remember many occassions when I thought God was unfair to me and was doubting His existense, I realised that I was the one being super-wicked to myself. My family (except me oo) have been greatly misled and haven't learned lessons. The one that touched me the most is too personal for me to post here. Buh I strongly believe there's a God that answer's prayers that are said according to his standards. You dig?
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2013
rationalmind:

Your premise is flawed. You erroneously assumed we haven't been exposed to searching for God and we weren't interested in it. That's wrong. We left it after we realised its bladerdash.
dude, I know you guys have been searching for the true God. A lotta people still do, even clergies, though they won't wanna admit it in public. That's why you see them changing religions. It's all due to the fact that we all have. Buh, what I meant was that I've been exposed to all these as far as I can remember. I even get punished, discriminated and insulted at home and when I was in secondary school. Bro, we all have, buh I've been exposed too long to know the right thing.
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Leo Adewale: I don't need to carry out tests on those scammers calling themselves pastors, bishops, most senior reverend or whatever they call themselves. It's like telling me to test a jet to see if it's diffrent from an aeroplane. The difference is clear to those who aren't blind to the facts. If you have a bible, please read 2nd Peter chapter 2, the Bible already PROPHESIED their existense during these last days. Buh it seems Naija peepz wanna be blind to facts. The reason why I concluded there's a God whose name is Jehovah, that answers REASONABLE, NON-SELFISH, NON-SELF-RIGHTEOUS prayers is that those prayers that I say according to the way Jesus laid down are answered as if by magic. I remember many occassions when I thought God was unfair to me and was doubting His existense, I realised that I was the one being super-wicked to myself. My family (except me oo) have been greatly misled and haven't learned lessons. The one that touched me the most is too personal for me to post here. Buh I strongly believe there's a God that answer's prayers that are said according to his standards. You dig?

Can you do me a favour?

Next time you want to say those prayers, direct it to a stone, or a wall, or even you pot.

I bet you will realise its all the same.

1 Like

Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by ezme(m): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2013
I have always believed that energy which cannot be harnessed or incorporated with technology is dubious.
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
rationalmind:

Can you do me a favour?

Next time you want to say those prayers, direct it to a stone, or a wall, or even you pot.

I bet you will realise its all the same.
my mama used to tell me that "non-living things can never be as wise as living things". So, I don't buy the idea of me praying to something that's not wise. It's comedy to me. And I believe sane people won't do that
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
ezme: I have always believed that energy which cannot be harnessed or incorporated with technology is dubious.
I wonder how you'd think if you were among the first human to live. What energy would you have harness? Isn't it some energy applied to each other that brought about technology?
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
Leo Adewale: my mama used to tell me that "non-living things can never be as wise as living things". So, I don't buy the idea of me praying to something that's not wise. It's comedy to me. And I believe sane people won't do that

lol, its not that God is living either. Infact praying to the pot appears more sensible than praying to God.

Anyway, my main point is trying to prove to you no one answers any prayes
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 03, 2013
rationalmind:

lol, its not that God is living either. Infact praying to the pot appears more sensible than praying to God.

Anyway, my main point is trying to prove to you no one answers any prayes
you wish. Anyway, I'm out
Re: Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. by NoProphecy: 2:28am On Dec 03, 2013
Leo Adewale: d search 4 d true God is like trying to solve a difficult maths. Those who are most likely 2 solve it are those who have been exposed 2 such task as solving maths since childhood and are intrested in it. Not some people who just decides to be good at maths when their black hair is turning white. I've been exposed 2 famous world religions gettin infos from a non-biased point of view & I've stumbled upon so many articles on the net. I found out dat most religion, are false, & are a burden 2 humans. Their flaws are easily spotted compared 2 dat which have no flaw (except if some1 wanna have a baseless argument). Satan is determined 2 make d human race his followers, therefore, it's logical dat he uses various means 2 get followers. Just like some1 who pirates CD's. He will make more sales than the original owner buh his CD's is a silent killer to ur DVD, though u may know, buh u'll continue patronise him due to d varieties stuffed up in his CD's. My conclusion is that I'd rather serve Jah who's in heaven to any other thing Satan implements through men to get men. Whereby his puppets get richer and the spiritually dead people will get poorer or and enslaved
And what proof have you given against Shri Hanuman? Where is this "flawless" religion?

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad Prophecy About ISIS / Roman Historian Tacitus Mentions Jesus: Our Best Secular Source / Christian Daily Bible Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.