Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? (35824 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Testing The Efficacy Or Scam Of Prayers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 3:47am On Aug 30, 2012
This was culled from: http://rccgcovenantpartner.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1256340
About Covenant Partnership

Ten years ago, I called for people who will be my covenant partners; and several people volunteered. I said it would be for ten years, the ten years are over now and many of them had asked, what’s happening, are we going to continue? I told them I will ask God.

When I asked God, He said there will be a new set and it will not be for ten years. He said “because those people were in covenant with you for ten years, I had no choice but to keep them alive for ten years”

He said “You tied my hands”. And I remembered all the miracles that happened in the life of my partners, and I thank God for all the miracles,

I thank God for all my partners and I say, thank you for the past ten years.

Now, the Lord says to me, the new set of partners will be for only three years. He said after three years, we can review. So, if you want to be one of my partners, your duties will be as follows:

You will pray for us every day, even if it’s only one minute; very simple prayer ‘Father, strengthen your son, don’t let his anointing run dry, don’t let him fail you, let him finish strong’. Four simple prayers: strengthen him, don’t let his anointing run dry, don’t let him fail you, and let him finish strong. That’s assignment one for my partners even if it’s only one minute a day, please, include us in your prayers.
You’ll fast with us as we used to do; February, July and December. All you need to do is a day at a time but if you can fast day and night continuously then, fourteen days alone will be enough. So, you’ll pray for us, you’ll fast and then you’ll support the work we are doing financially.
The new group, your support will be every month instead of every year and there will be ten groups. So, you’ll be able to join at least one of the ten groups.
1. GROUP ONE: N100 a month. USD Equivalent $1.00
2. GROUP TWO: N500 a month. $5.00
3. GROUP THREE: N1,000 a month. $10.00
4. GROUP FOUR: N5,000 a month. $50.00
5. GROUP FIVE: N10,000 a month. $100.00
6. GROUP SIX: N50,000 a month. $500.00
7. GROUP SEVEN: N100,000 a month. $1,000.00
8. GROUP EIGHT: N500,000 a month. $5,000.00
9. GROUP NINE: N1,000,000 a month. $10,000.00
10. GROUP TEN: N2,000,000 and above a month. $20,000.00
To register to be a partner click here

You can send your contributions in Dollars or Pounds. So you can pick whichever group you want to belong to. My advice is, come in at whatever level is convenient for you now, I trust my God that as He begins to bless you, you’ll keep on moving higher and there will be people who will enter in group two or three today before this time next year, they will already be in group ten. So please, take some one minute, you’ll write your name, your address, your phone number, and the group you want to belong to.

When you’re sending the money, when you put it in an envelope, write at the back ‘Covenant Partner’. Write it at the back of the envelope so we’ll know into which account we will direct the money. If you’re writing a cheque, please write it in the name of The Redeemed Christian Church of God and then at the back, put ‘Covenant Partner’. Don’t write the cheque in Pastor E. A. Adeboye's name.

Any cheque written in my name will be used for what? (Response from the congregation: pounded yam) ah! Thank you, it will go for pounded yam straight.

So, write your cheque in the name of The Redeemed Christian Church of God and then at the back of the cheque write ‘Covenant Partner’.

My own duty is that I pray for my partners everyday; not once a month but everyday. And I promise you, my God who had been faithful to me all these years will be faithful to my partners also in Jesus’ name. He made a promise, He said all those who are lifting up my hands, He said as I rise, they will rise. So you will rise with me in Jesus’ name.

So, you’ll write your name, your address, your phone number and the group you want to belong to and

register to join any of the group here

Local Account information in Nigeria
Local Office Pastor OlorunimbeRCCG Headquartes,1 - 5, Redemption Way,Ebute Metta, Lagos - Nigeria.
Ph. 234-01-470-0555 235-01-288-1985 234-01-288-1988
Fax. 234-01-288-1989
Pastor OdesolaRedemption CampInternational OfficeRCCG, Redemption CityInternational Complex,Km 46/84 Lagos - Ibadan Expressway.Nigeria.

Tel: 234 1 7747742

You can pay manually to these accounts at UBA Bank Account Name:
Account Name: RCCG National Headquarters
Naira Account: 1006803688
Dollar Account: 3000953815
Euro Account: 3001408367
Pound Sterling: 3000953808
Sort Code: 033153995
UBA BankRCCG National Headquarters

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 30, 2012
At first, I was like
then angry
then shocked
finally, I just burst out laughing..

I expect one group of Christians will defend this with Bible verses, the other group will attack it with Bible verses. Then there will be the foools that will quote 'touch not my annoin-thieves and give my pro-flirts no ham'..

As an agnostic, I begin to wonder: isn't the so called Holy Spirit one?

7 Likes

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Pennywise(m): 4:25am On Aug 30, 2012
This is fleecing the faithful.

Nig govt should take steps to protect the weak among us from these open acts of religious predation. Some countries have already stopped industrious nig pastors from merchandising miracles on their soil.

But with Jonathan kneeling down for Adeboye and his congregation no one expects this to happen any time soon.

Pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Goshen360(m): 5:32am On Aug 30, 2012
shocked shocked shocked You will soon see this thread make the front page and the heat will begin, maybe before I wake up. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 30, 2012
And whos the chap that will pay N2m per month? The corrupt? Cut corner deal guy?
Abeg this na scam.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 30, 2012
If you’re writing a cheque, please write it in the name of The Redeemed Christian Church of God and then at the back, put ‘Covenant Partner’. Don’t write the cheque in Pastor E. A. Adeboye's name.

Any cheque written in my name will be used for what? (Response from the congregation: pounded yam) ah! Thank you, it will go for pounded yam straight.

So, write your cheque in the name of The Redeemed Christian Church of God and then at the back of the cheque write ‘Covenant Partners'
classic washy washy.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2012
diluminati:
classic washy washy.
Classic case of mumu go follow mumu, second foolish na proper foolish.
In fact, it seems those 'die by fire' prayers are working. Indeed, the Nigerian people are becoming more broke, more brainwashed, more foolish.
They fail to realise that when they pray for their enemies to die, they're actually referring to themselves.
Crooks like Ade and Oye have simply filled in the vacuum: promising them spiritual blessings that work by faith/fault while accepting their physical blessings that work by sight/right.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 30, 2012
I'll like to read nl christians view on this. Numerous churches also run this same package. Why terming it convenant? Why not just say voluntary donation without specifying grades?
Manmustwac please see this gets front page. We need to know what other people think.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by ijawkid(m): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2012
Is this for real or musketto this a joke??...

Please tell me....
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 30, 2012
ijawkid: Is this for real or musketto this a joke??...

Please tell me....

I posted the link at the top of the OP. You should check it...
links
:http://rccgcovenantpartner.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1256340

Check out the form on this link..
:https://trccg.org/CovenantPartners/index.php
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by dorox(m): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2012
The sad thing is that some of these guys would rather pay the patnership fee as well as tithes and offerings than pay their tax and nepa bills while bemoaning the poor state of power supply.

26 Likes

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 30, 2012
When you start talking about the institutionalised church and it's numerous unbiblical practices, you come under attack.

These churches are flourishing because they have sheep who are willing to part with all their earnings and worship man rather than God.

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.- 2 Timothy 4:3

Isaiah 30:10 They say to the seers, "See no more visions!" and to the prophets, "Give us no more visions of what is right! Tell us pleasant things, prophesy illusions.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Niflheim(m): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2012
wow,japanese people who practice shintoism and do not give out their hard earned cash to redeemed are doing far better than these brain washed africans!!!

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Niflheim(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2012
@dorox,you are so correct!!!
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Maxymilliano(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2012
Interesting! But how come the emphasis is more laid on the moneytary aspect of the convenant requirement than the other?
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2012
musKeeto: At first, I was like
then angry
then shocked

I expect one group of Christians will defend this with Bible verses, the other group will attack it with Bible verses. Then there will be the foools that will quote 'touch not my annoin-thieves and give my pro-flirts no ham'..

As an agnostic, I begin to wonder: isn't the so called Holy Spirit one?

grin grin
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2012
musKeeto: At first, I was like
then angry
then shocked

To be honest, i see nothing wrong in the OP. It's optional, abi?
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Enigma(m): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2012
^^^ I think the "I asked God", "God told me to ask you to partner" etc bits are extremely questionable ---- to put things mildly and kindly. smiley
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by truthislight: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2012
musKeeto:
Classic case of mumu go follow mumu, second foolish na proper foolish.
In fact, it seems those 'die by fire' prayers are working. Indeed, the Nigerian people are becoming more broke, more brainwashed, more foolish.
They fail to realise that when they pray for their enemies to die, they're actually referring to themselves.
Crooks like Ade and Oye have simply filled in the vacuum: promising them spiritual blessings that work by faith/fault while accepting their physical blessings that work by sight/right.

While they promise there followers faith miracle and heaven,
They themself dont have patience to wait on God for the heavenly reward they are demanding for it here and now.

Then will come expensive schools that there followers cant afford.

The greedy are the ones that fall for it.

Just like they fall for regular 419 fraud stars.

Any right thinking person that is not greedy and lazy knows that success comes from hard work will never fall for that scam.

If Bill Gate and his likes got their riches from miracle what will become of internet and computer/technology we are using now?

5 Likes

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 11:50am On Aug 30, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ I think the "I asked God", "God told me to ask you to partner" etc bits are extremely questionable ---- to put things mildly and kindly. smiley

This is what i read....

musKeeto:
When I asked God, He said there will be a new set and it will not be for ten years.

. .and. .
musKeeto:
Now, the Lord says to me, the new set of partners will be for only three years. He said after three years, we can review. So, [size=14pt]if[/size] you want to be one of my partners,. . . .

The baba no force anybody na.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by manmustwac(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2012
diluminati: I'll like to read nl christians view on this. Numerous churches also run this same package. Why terming it convenant? Why not just say voluntary donation without specifying grades?
Manmustwac please see this gets front page. We need to know what other people think.
As a mod I can only recommend which topic I would like to see on the homepage but then its only Seun or Mukina who has the power ro put topics on the homepage. wink
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

This is what i read....

. .and. .

The coercion is there....He dosent have to pull a gun to do the work of persuasive conviction...

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:

The coercion is there....He dosent have to pull a gun to do the work of persuasive conviction...

The baba did not mention names. and i believe peeps were not coerced to attending the event. a good proportion of the congregation are desperate and miracle seeking, so don't blame the G.O for the choices they make.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Enigma(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

This is what i read....

. .and. .

Nna zikky, I hear you; also, make we no too pull the issue because as for me nowadays, I am far more reluctant to discuss these things in light of the current atmosphere and dynamics of this "Religion" forum. smiley

cool
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

The baba did not mention names. and i believe peeps were not coerced to attending the event. a good proportion of the congregation are desperate and miracle seeking, so don't blame the G.O for the choices they make.

Okay so the G.O is a aharp guy taking advantage...cool

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
Enigma:

Nna zikky, I hear you; also, make we no too pull the issue because as for me nowadays, I am far more reluctant to discuss these things in light of the current atmosphere and dynamics of this "Religion" forum. smiley

cool

No wahala. note that am not in support of the G.O scamming the congregation, and i do agree agree that it will be difficult for the average RCG attendee to resist the request of the G.O. But i still see the OP as a request and nothing more.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

No wahala. note that am not in support of the G.O scamming the congregation, and i do agree agree that it will be difficult for the average RCG attendee to resist the request of the G.O. But i still see the OP as a request and nothing more.

Aren't you seeing his cunning catch phrases?
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:

Okay so the G.O is a aharp guy taking advantage...cool

if na you nko? G.O is quite influential (almost 'God' rated status), and he the church needs the money.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

if na you nko? G.O is quite influential (almost 'God' rated status), and he the church needs the money.

Ok...i have to laugh grin grin grin grin
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by Zikkyy(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:

Aren't you seeing his cunning catch phrases?

I no see anything ooh!

if you are referring to the following posts ......

musKeeto:
He said “because those people were in covenant with you for ten years, I had no choice but to keep them alive for ten years”

He said “You tied my hands”. And I remembered all the miracles that happened in the life of my partners, and I thank God for all the miracles,

He is not saying every other member of the church died and there's just the covenant partners left. and he is not saying miracles did not happen in the life of non covenant partners.

musKeeto:
My own duty is that I pray for my partners everyday; not once a month but everyday. And I promise you, my God who had been faithful to me all these years will be faithful to my partners also in Jesus’ name. He made a promise, He said all those who are lifting up my hands, He said as I rise, they will rise. So you will rise with me in Jesus’ name.

That's not to say the G.O is not praying for non-covenant partners. But if you believe a daily dose of the G.O's prayer is all that's required for success, maybe you need to pay for it. The covenant partners are required to offer daily prayers in favor of the G.O

musKeeto:
You will pray for us every day, even if it’s only one minute; very simple prayer ‘Father, strengthen your son, don’t let his anointing run dry, don’t let him fail you, let him finish strong’.
Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by mkmyers45(m): 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

I no see anything ooh!

if you are referring to the following posts ......

He is not saying every other member of the church died and there's just the covenant partners left. and he is not saying miracles did not happen in the life of non covenant partners.

That's not to say the G.O is not praying for non-covenant partners. But if you believe a daily dose of the G.O's prayer is all that's required for success, maybe you need to pay for it. The covenant partners are required to offer daily prayers in favor of the G.O

and what is a catch phrase....

O you have to get the new model of this thing...

its classy...faster and more efficient than the current one you use...

This one is cool but trust me this new one will blow you away

Gerritnow?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams? by PastorKun(m): 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
I see Zikky is playing the devil's advocate here.
@Post
The G.O is definitely at his manipulative best and a lot of suckers would definitely fall for it. However I don't think it is the biggest scam going on in the church today. The modern tithe doctrine remains unrivalled as the biggest scam in the history of not only the church but of Mankind in general. One would have thought that they would be satisfied with all the illicit billions they rake in every month from tithes but we can see that GREED demons of their mamon god is hard at work here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Divine Mercy Prayer (free Video and Audio Download) / Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) / Funny Names Of Nigerian Churches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.