Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview (11116 Views)

7 Major Reasons Why You Should Avoid Sending Your Resume To Recruiters / BAT Nigeria Sending Text Message / Thank U Note After Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by mafolayomi(f): 9:24am On Jul 23, 2008
now i know. never ever taught of anything like this before. Nairaland thank you ooooooooooooooo
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by pappy2000: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2008
Pls i need the test format for Golden Pasta company Limited,A Sub of Flourmill,Pls my people help me.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by pappy2000: 9:47am On Jul 23, 2008
Golden Pasta test format,pls help i need an idea,i am ond electrical student the test is tomorrow.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by guy4real: 10:41am On Jul 23, 2008
such message is very important at every interview end, it goes a long way in showing your professionalism. It might not be recognized here in Naija, but it is fast coming up. My colleague just got an employment as an MD to one of the micro finance outlet, he went into the interview session with a laptop to dissiminate his points and at the end sent in a thank u message. this made him to be outstanding.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by CBTonline(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2008
No matter how brief and precise, always ensure that you write an appreciation letter for making out time for you in the place of interview.

A heart of gratitude on the page of an email is like fine wine and balm that soothes.

Endeavour to be thankful but be highly professional about it. Don't be beggarly about it, though.

I wish you the best.

Chidera
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by bebure(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2008
Most certainly. Last year, Unilever in the UK was interviewing 30 students at my university for a one-year mechanical engineering internship, 3 people were going to be chosen from that interview to proceed to the second stage and I was one of the 3. I sent a thank you note after the first interview and made it to the second stage so the "thank you" note didn't hurt (don't know for sure if it helps but I think it does). What the thank you note does is it keeps you fresh in the interviewer's mind and it shows you are very interested in the job, which means they will unknowingly have a more favourable view of you. Just my 2 cents.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Reese1: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2008
Sending a thank you note is very professional and courteous and can be the "deal sealer" when it comes down to you or someone else gettin the job.

One, it keeps you fresh in the employer's mind and it paints a very good picture of you that you actually care enough and took the time out to write a thank you note.

And besides, there are so many thank you note templates on the internet that you don't even have to think of what to write anymore, just copy and paste and modify to your situation.

So I say, if you really want the job, send a thank you note.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by princeonx: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2008
If you send a so call "THANK YOU" message, text, mail after a job interview, what will you send if you ever get the job? I guess a GOAT! pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

If you want to or feel like you have to, do it right there right then after the interview before you leave! simply say " thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to interview with you or your company and I look forward to contributing to the growth or progress of this company" shikina! don't even look back when you walk not to talk of sending a thank you shit!
If the interviewer believe you don't have shit to offer the company, a box of thank you card won't do crap not to talk of sending a text msg! send your phone sef if u want! nothing for you!
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by princeonx: 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2008
If you really want the job so what happen if 25 out of the whole 50 applicant send a thank you note?
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by ulua(f): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2008
@prince_onx
They'd probalbly choose the best thank you note. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Reese1: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2008
Well, from my experience, sending a thank you note does not guarantee you the job, but it could definitely help.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2008
Not only a thank you note, flowers will do too. You may even send them your 3 months salary. Nonsense angry
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by dominictj(m): 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2008
There's no big deal sending a thank you note after an interview as stated by many on this forum. However, most employees in Nigeria in particular will feel its a way of lobbying for the job. Therefore, i am of the opinion that job seeker's especially from this part of the world remain mute until results of interviews are released, then, they can send a thank you note.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Lady2(f): 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2008
A thank you note is very professional and shows how aprreciative you are.
When sending the note, you don't need to put "pick me for the job please"

but sending a thank you note is very courteous and sets you apart from the pack. it shows you have manners.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Digiman(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2008
What is the point ?. If someone sent me a thank you note after attending an interview it would most certainly be disregarded. I am more interested in the persons perfomance at the interview and their suitability to the post they have applied for.

Always remember to thank who ever interviews you after the interview, for instance when the interview ends and before you leave the interview room and also if you are being escotred out to reception for example by a member of the interviewing panel repeat your thanks that should be enough.

Whenever I am interviewing I like to break the ice by using small talk to get a feel for the person, the nwe move on to the main business the interview itself afterwards I expect the interviewee to have questions as well this will show that they have done their research, and finally the exchange of plesantries e.t.c. No point no point in sending afterwards.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2008
My 50 cent-

It is not always fair to conclude on things and generalize as though, we all have the same background or live within the same country.

In the US, a thank you letter after an interview is professional and customary but not in Nigeria. I have had the benefit of seeing things on both sides, you will be undermining your effort and performance if you send out one in Nigeria especially at entry level.

Things and times are fast changing too and I respect that, I think at experienced-hire level in Nigeria you may want to consider sending one depending on the culture of the organization.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Queenisha: 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2008
prince_onx:

If you send a so call "THANK YOU" message, text, mail after a job interview, what will you send if you ever get the job? I guess a GOAT! pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

If you want to or feel like you have to, do it right there right then after the interview before you leave! simply say " thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to interview with you or your company and I look forward to contributing to the growth or progress of this company" shikina! don't even look back when you walk not to talk of sending a thank you shit!
If the interviewer believe you don't have shit to offer the company, a box of thank you card won't do crap not to talk of sending a text msg! send your phone sef if u want! nothing for you!

This is hilarious.
I no go die!
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by debojyde(m): 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2008
Digiman:

What is the point ?. If someone sent me a thank you note after attending an interview it would most certainly be disregarded. I am more interested in the persons perfomance at the interview and their suitability to the post they have applied for.

Always remember to thank who ever interviews you after the interview, for instance when the interview ends and before you leave the interview room and also if you are being escotred out to reception for example by a member of the interviewing panel repeat your thanks that should be enough.

Whenever I am interviewing I like to break the ice by using small talk to get a feel for the person, the nwe move on to the main business the interview itself afterwards I expect the interviewee to have questions as well this will show that they have done their research, and finally the exchange of plesantries e.t.c. No point no point in sending afterwards.

U seem 2 miss d point. Nobody is saying if a guy performs badly in an interview or if u already have someone u want for d job dat a thank u letter will change anything, But check out dis scenario, What happens if u narrow d list down to just 5 people who are all suitable for d job and all performed about d same way during d interview. If u u need just one person ,don,t u think u might just tilt towards dat one guy who wrote dat thank u note.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by debojyde(m): 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2008
prince_onx:

, "sigh" I give up>
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by KarmaMod(f): 11:48pm On Jul 23, 2008
This is why Nigeria is the way it is.

Things you people should "copy" you wont copy. When it comes to idiotic things of the west, that's when you will all jump on the wagon

Pitiful
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Queenisha: 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

This is why Nigeria is the way it is.

Things you people should "copy" you wont copy. When it comes to idiotic things of the west, that's when you will all jump on the wagon

Pitiful

Like saying wann'a gonn'a and calling water wora.

had to use the apostrophe because of the stupid filter
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by PurestBoy(m): 3:50am On Jul 24, 2008
It's unofficial to send a thank note. It could read different meaning to your interviewer.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Tofunmmy(m): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2008
I think you can give your thank you message at the venue of the interview. It has being working for me, i am used to giving vote of thanks if i was asked if i ve any questions, i used this method now to get my first two jobs and the third one that i am waiting for after the medicals.

I think it can as well work for you, if only you can believe and you will surely achieve, not forgetting that God perfects all.

All the Best.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by SOJ(m): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2008
~Lady~:

A thank you note is very professional and shows how appreciative you are.
When sending the note, you don't need to put "pick me for the job please"

but sending a thank you note is very courteous and sets you apart from the pack. it shows you have manners.

Very well said. It is what it is: simple courtesy which, i fear, many of us do not have. In my first job ever, i sent a short 'thank you for your time" note stating my desire to be considered; guess it must av made an impression cos i got the job ahead of all others.

so whats d noise about? send one if u av an interviewers contact 9not personal contact sha)
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by emmyjim(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2008
hm, very interseting,

anyway have anyone here heard of Smartcom? it is a sevice that allows gsm users to be making free and unlimited calls without voucher card, i bought the product newly and am amazed at the result which is just"excellent"
visit www.greenland-ng.page.tl for full result
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Godalone(m): 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2008
Thank you note is good.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by xheggs(m): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2008
A thank you note is not a bad idea.,.,.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by emmyjim(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2008
emmyjim:

hm, very interseting,

anyway have anyone here heard of Smartcom?  it is a sevice that allows gsm users to be making free and unlimited calls without voucher card, i bought the product newly and am amazed at the result which is just"excellent"
visit www.treasurebank..com for full result
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2008
Never send a thank-you note after an interview.
I've never heard of anyone doing such.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by Allenpowered(m): 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
personally don't think thank you notes work in naija
but we can always try it abi? grin
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by qleyo(f): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
Ok I'm an employer. I have just employed 3 people (in Abuja) out of a pool of 30 from around the country, cut down to 15 who went through a whole test/orientation day (you never want to interview 15 people in one day - tiring!). Only one person sent a thank you note, it wasn't the ass kissing type. But it was articulate, with brevity and the style of interviewing we used was very unconventional and not common place in Nigeria. He sighted all that and guess what - he's now the manager. It's a bit cheesy but it does indeed make you stand out. Even if it's just saying thank you for having me, look forward to hearing from you sort of thing.

I've never been to an interview really. Because of the nature of my work, you find most employees want to be very informal and "have a chat" as they commonly call it. You end up talking to them about other somewhat unrelated things like photography and telling them you'd send them cool bits, so the "was lovely meeting you today, here are the links to my pictures I told you about bla bla" is inevitable. I say go with your gut.
Re: Sending A Thank You Note After A Job Interview by sbucareer(f): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2008

qleyo, nice to hear from you again. Keep in touch, don't be a stranger in Moscow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20,000 Jobs To Be Created As‎ Police To Launch Tv, Radio Services, Jan. 30 / What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary / Notore Chemical Industries Plc Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.