Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. (1281 Views)

Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? / Being A Graduate Is Not Enough! You Need Skills? / How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 27, 2013
I once received a flyer that read ''If you want to be wealthy don't be a graduate'', as a graduate myself I thought this statement was absurd, why wont I be wealthy as a graduate. Then I remembered the stories of Dangote, 2face, Wizkid, Mark Zuckerberg, Paul Allen, Bill Gate, Larry Ellison and many others that either never went to college or was a drop-out.

Isn't it true that education is the key to success, but then I asked myself ''what kind of education is the right kind that would serve as a key to success''.
It's now glaring that not all education leads to success, especially those acquired in the four walls of an institution, most especially in a country like Nigeria. The evidences are out there; the best graduating students are still jobless, with the best course in engineering, science and social sciences.

So I ask you, what kind of education is the key to success? Being a graduate is hardly proportional to employment and not necessarily proportional to success. That is to say, every graduate has this myopic thinking that graduation should transcend into employment which eventually leads to success. That is why many spend most of there time searching for job which doesn't exist.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong in being employed as long as it presents one or both of these opportunities;
• Opportunity to increase in knowledge in that field
• Opportunity to increase in income over reasonable period of time
If you work in an atmosphere where you do the same thing all day and all year long and your income grows in slow motion or not at all, them that's just SAD.

For every employee/follower your tenure will end either you like it or not, and its all because of these 3 R's;
-Resignation -Retrenchment -Retirement

If you don't resign and you don't get trenched than after 35years you must retire. So ask yourself what have I achieved. Is it financial freedom or impact to myself and people around you or being a boss of myself?

Livingreen Concept presents you with a rare opportunity to build a business that can lead to financial freedom, impact to yourself and the society and eventually you can become the CEO of your own business organisation.

Visit http://livingreenconcept..com/p/blog-page_21.html and click on the opportunity page or call 08151518535

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by sylvar02(m): 6:54am On Nov 27, 2013
Education or not! All you need is your own business and you're good to go!
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by 234GT(m): 7:01am On Nov 27, 2013
@Op, were you able to put together your write-up without going through the four walls of a classroom?
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by Godmother(f): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2013
The post is just too long too read! But I know that even in business, when you are educated it sets you apart
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by freecharles(m): 10:19am On Nov 28, 2013
Godmother: The post is just too long too read! But I know that even in business, when you are educated it sets you apart

wot i think too

1 Like

Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by freecharles(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2013
Godmother: The post is just too long too read! But I know that even in business, when you are educated it sets you apart
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
The keys to be successful in life are not thought in school. You are thought to read hard, get good grades and get a secure- well paying job. The bitter truth is that you can be rich but you can never attain FINANCIAL FREEDOM if you follow this path. Salary is slavery because you would spend the most of your life working for someone who would use your skills and effort to enrich himself and pay you only a fraction of your worth. You are not wealthy, if you are not financially free, if your happiness depends on an individual- YOUR BOSS. To succeed; one has to be focused, goal oriented,must have the ability and minset of fulfilling your dreams, posess the ability of coping with disappointments and above all must be financially intelligent and favoured by God. If you have read RICH Dad and POOR DaD, CASHFLOW QUADRANT both by Robert Kiyosaki, you would understand.

2 Likes

Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by nairacodedcom(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
marvis5077: You are not wealthy, if you are not financially free, if your happiness depends on an individual- YOUR BOSS. To succeed; one has to be focused, goal oriented,must have the ability and minset of fulfilling your dreams, posess the ability of coping with disappointments and above all must be financially intelligent and favoured by God. If you have read RICH Dad and POOR DaD, CASHFLOW QUADRANT both by Robert Kiyosaki, you would understand.
That's 100% true. I keep telling my colleagues, "stop fooling yourselves just because we are doctors, cos poor doctors abound". I have read those books. I will like to add THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON TO THE LIST.
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by LaurelP(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
234GT: @Op, were you able to put together your write-up without going through the four walls of a classroom?

I wonder o!
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by easyresource: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
basic education is relevant. for example..nursery education transcends into primary, den secondary to university den university to employment...dis last link ie university is no longer doin it role ...that link is broken...so y waste ur time wen evidently its nt moving u higher..
LaurelP:

I wonder o!
Re: If You Want To Be Wealthy, Dont Be A Graduate. by zeekz(m): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
d truth is some people ryt from tym have d mind set of going to skul read hard get a good grade, get a job and start getting der salary, no ambition besides d usual "get promoted" tin.
I was once like dis but der was something dat happened and my whole thinking changed, nw my thoughts ar on d best business ideas and by d tym I'm tru wit skul I knw dat I would more dan shake d business world I'm in skul cause of d fact dat I need a certificate and to acquire d knowledge dat goes wit it not because of I want to get a job.

(1) (Reply)

. / Are You Preparing For The Project Mgt Professional(pmp) Exam? Let's Meet Here... / Which is more valuable: Masters or a new degree in a different field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.