Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful (2161 Views)

Converting Html/webpage To Pdf With Php, Asp.net, Java And Others / Coldfusion Vs Php/asp / Asp Vs Php Vs Coldfusion Vs Jsp ''who's Da Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful by benGALLERY(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2008
Which of this do you think is the most powerful and widely use (pls rate) ASP, PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, JSP.

my first love is ASP (simplicity, and flexibility in programming structure)

my second is PHP (I use this because most of my existing client already purchase a Linux hosting with PHP support only)

my third is ASP.NET 2.0 (Microsoft proof this to be a new and the most powerful tools out there, from exprience I think this tool is very differend from the above mentioned)

guys what do you think.
Re: Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful by yawatide(f): 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2008
I don't think you should look at what is the best but what is the best under which circumstances. I don't think you gain anything by trying to debate which is more powerful, IMHO.
Re: Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful by cmon(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2008
I heard PHP is the easiest to HACK tho I'm not sure of that.

JSP was recommended when it comes to security but your clients should be able to adapt to the cost of having it.
Re: Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful by aphoe(m): 1:51am On Jul 30, 2008
though i 'm good with both ASP.NET and PHP, I will vote for PHP as the best anytime or day
Re: Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful by DualCore1: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

I don't think you should look at what is the best but what is the best under which circumstances.

True, u could have added ur preference based on experiences u might have had using any of these platforms platforms.
PHP is good, nice and easy.

i work more with JSP, its more robust and erm. . . its based on my "home" language. tongue

there isn't really anything like "most powerful" though.
Re: Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful by kehers(m): 10:35am On Jul 30, 2008
My vote goes to PHP any day. I actually started my server side journey wt ASP but went phut before long due to reasons like little online support (even hosts), too cumbersome db connections (probably from my own view then). PHP is very simple to learn and hey there are a lotta support for u out there talking of hosting, knowledge base and watever. Besides, there are a whole lot of available extensions for other libraries - talk of zip, flash (swf), java, pdf, socket protocols (http, imap, pop3, ssl and co), tidy, xml, even running command line programs and dlls, and a whole lot.
Talking security, everything boils down to the designer. Once security holes like sql injection, XSS, session fixation and stuffs like that are well handled, then there is alittle to worry about
Re: Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful by javaprince(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hello fellow programmers in the house, I want to use this forum to inform you of the launching of the forum we JAVA NIGERIAND PROGRAMMERS & DEVELOPERS HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

It was opened today, and registration commences immediately. If you are nigerian Java programmer, better go register at this forum http://naijadukes.net/jand/index.php which is the Official Site.

Since the forum/site is in its infant stage, we will welcome suggestions and ideas alike from you all to better make this forum a successful one for the Java Nigerian Group members.

You all should remember that the idea of "Java Nigerian Group " is to create a community of Nigerian Java Developers/Programmers/Students/etc where we can all come together and share our every day experiences in the field, ask questions, share ideas, knowlege, tools, books, etc. and the Forum just serves as a medium for making communication easier for us all.

Enough said , I'll say we all members of the Java Nigerian Group should officially go and register at the site.

http://naijadukes.net/jand/index.php
Re: Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2008
PHP has so much to offer me, easy to read codes and talking about security, It's as secure as any language out there.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Webmaster To Partner With My Record Label / Get A Chatbot For Your Blog At An Affordable Cost / Admob Mobile App Development Course: Get Access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.