Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Christians Who Think For Themselves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Who Think For Themselves (941 Views)

Islamists In Libya Execute 16 Christians Who Refused To Convert To Islam / Do You Support Gays And Lesbians Who Think Homosexuality Should Be Legalized? / "YOU ARE DOGS, SAID JESUS" Christians who are Hypertensive should'nt read this (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Who Think For Themselves by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 27, 2013
Why do churches and Pastors hate Christians who think for themselves ?

Why do they reject you or kick you out of their assemblies when you humbly challenge their entrenched dogmas and doctrines ?

Why do they slander you because you leave their fellowship ?

Why do they think they are the authorities on scripture and you are a dummy with a brain that should be paused when discussing religion ?

Why do they get angry and unsettled when you use the bible to dispute their doctrines ?

I need answers.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by PastorKun(m): 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
Simple answer is Pride, Arrogance and Insecurity.

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
^^^

I always believed that people who have the whole truth have nothing to fear and are resolute in love without any arrogance or bullying, however what I see from many so called Christians on Nairaland is slander , arrogance, threats and in some cases even abuse. I do not think this is the way Christ walked and talked.

Thanks.
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by macof(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
Because Christians believe the bible doctrines are complete and the only right way.

And when someone reads it, he claims the holy spirit is reading it to him so he can understand.

So when he sees a Christian or Non-Christian having a different understanding he believes the devil is deceiving the other person.

My bro if you are a Christian I pity you
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by nep2ra(m): 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
Reasons why I ditched Christianity and the idea of religion.
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by vickyO(f): 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel: Why do churches and Pastors hate Christians who think for themselves ?

Why do they reject you or kick you out of their assemblies when you humbly challenge their entrenched dogmas and doctrines ?

Why do they slander you because you left their fellowship ?

Why do they think they are the authorities on scripture and you are a dummy with a brain that should be paused when discussing religion ?

Why do they get angry and unsettled when you use the bible to dispute their doctrines ?

I need answers.

Because they are not true Christians. If they are, they'll obey the Bible verse that says, "Follow peace with all men".

2 Likes

Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
Because they are not true Christians. If they are, they'll obey the Bible verse that says, "Follow peace with all men".

Thank you.

This reminds me of the bible verse a brother quoted when I left his church :

"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us" - 1 John 2:19

I tried to make him understand that I was still in the faith and still a solid believer in Jesus, yet he quoted this scripture as if I had broken off from God.

what arrogance !
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by Demainman1: 6:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
Once a man becomes a Pastor and is able to setup a church that is it. It is his effort and his only. Then he starts to build his empire small, small.

How dare you, a mere member has the gut to challenge him? Being a member of my church is another way of saying you want to be under my guidance, so turning round to start guiding me will be a NO NO!

If you don't like it, go and start you own church and gather your own members. If the pastor start taking your views other members will simply start looking up to you for direction. Who be Oga @ the top then?

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by vickyO(f): 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man: Once a man becomes a Pastor and is able to setup a church that is it. It is his effort and his only. Then he starts to build his empire small, small.

How dare you than a mere member has the gut to challenge him? being a member of my church is another way of saying you want to be under my guidance so turning round to start guiding will be a NO NO!

If you don't like it go and start you own. If the pastor start take your views other members will simply start looking up to you for direction. Who be Oga @ the top then?
Are you airing your views about Pentecostal churches or answering the questions the OP asked?
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by Demainman1: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
Are you airing your views about Pentecostal churches or answering the questions the OP asked?

My answer is in line with the OP question, don't you think?
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by vickyO(f): 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

My answer is in line with the OP question, don't you think?
At least you didn't refute what I said.
Let's leave that for the OP to decide.
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by Demainman1: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
At least you didn't refute what I said.
Let's leave that for the OP to decide.

Judge not so that ye will not be judged
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by vickyO(f): 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

Judge not so that ye will not be judged
sad
Now i'm judging. I asked a question, you didn't respond to it. Silence means yes na.
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by troy20(m): 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
those christians who are very strict in their observances think a good deal more of the sabbath than of man, a good deal more of the bible than of the truth and ten times more of their creed than of the will of God.offcourse if they heard anyone utter such words as i have written they would say he is an athiest-George mcdonald
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by Demainman1: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
sad
Now i'm judging. I asked a question, you didn't respond to it. Silence means yes na.

vickyO: At least you didn't refute what I said.

This can mean a YES/NO or DON'T KNOW
Re: Christians Who Think For Themselves by vickyO(f): 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

This can mean a YES/NO or DON'T KNOW
Let's not derail the thread. You've your point and I've made mine.

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome The Deadly Sin Of Lust / Was It Adam And Eves Fault? / Emphasis on Sex in religions breeds offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.