Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover (6262 Views)

I Need Auto Insurance Cover At A Good Rate / Information On Free Airtel Insurance Cover / Google, Ecobank And Mtn Giving Nigerians Free Websites For Their Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by clans(f): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
I'm not sure on what section to post this topic, and since this is relative to what I want to rant about, I hope it suits. I've been getting all these messages from MTN inviting me to take an insurance cover my just texting my name and location and I get an insurance cover worth 350,000 naira in conjunction with mansard insurance. now, I'm a 300 level insurance student of the university of first choice and from the much I've acquired I just know you cant carry out an insurance contract like that. more especially that of life. I know there has to be the role of the underwriters to access the risk and know if it is viable. I'm starting to get confused if you can just reply an sms free of charge and get an insurance cover, does that mean we the insurers are gradually loosing business or are their some other aspects of this contract we don't know about. i''m scared cos I've been struggling to pass my CIIN exam to get a head way in the industry and it would pain me if at last all my efforts are in vain. i'm already scared for the actuaries who have computer applications replacing them in the industry already. please someone who has an idea should please clarify me.. thanks

yeah!!! day 2 and 2 times front page.. yeah me!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by naijacutee(f): 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
Valid point! My guess is that the MTN part of it simplifies the monthly payment process, so you just recharge your phone to meet up with your payments. My guess is that once you register your interests, you are sent forms to fill, either electronically or in person. This is just a guess though. In hoping someone who has used the service can clarify.

1 Like

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
hmnm..

na mtn ooooo... LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP

2 Likes

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by bignene(m): 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
second to comment
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by dwittyc0der(f): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2013

Am happy 4th to comment grin

One bottle of wine and suya for everyone who likes this comment

call me 08100450789 will send ur order cool cool cool

Jes go to drinks.ng and select the drink u want fam D and send me the link with ur addd kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Sermwell(m): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Beta run!.... Scam alert!
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
big nene: second to comment

God's time , is the best wink
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by olorunthobby(f): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
ok
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Donpoker9(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Space booked

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by priscaoge(f): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
And some pple are seriously booking space without reading the thread*Smh*........

2 Likes

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
olorunthobby: .

some people sha. smh
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Kx: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
All the fake promo nor do MTN again, na insurance "format" dem wan use now.

After dis, na Bet Arsenal Chelsea weekend scores for N20 to win N1m naim dem go use.

1 Like

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by pappy4real(m): 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mtn never offers anything 100% free. At some point i cldnt meet their requirements so i opted out (so i thought), ever since they've been deducting #15 frm my acct daily
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mtn n their greek gifts. SMH
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by dwittyc0der(f): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
One mad man jes calle dme now asking for suya !! who u be ?? I DEY OFFICE ABGE cool cool cool cool cool
dwittyc0der: ........

Am happy 4th to comment grin

One bottle of wine and suya for everyone who likes this comment

call me 08100450789 will send ur order cool cool cool

Jes go to drinks.ng and select the drink u want fam D and send me the link with ur addd kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Dominionng(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2013
If proper steps weren't followed, there ain't valid insurance deal. Beat it Miss! There is no free thing even in Freetown!
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
i'v lost interest in any message that's being sent to me via mtn aka enti hen. thanks
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by botahj: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
@OP

In response to your post, i sought information as regards the origin and validity of the said SMS when I got it and I was told by the source whoever subscribes to the message from the network provider would have Fifteen naira deducted daily from his/her line to cover the policy as premium. Hope it helps? So be careful..
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
my question is. how can i stop MTn from sending me those messages?

2 Likes

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by free2ryhme: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
MThievesN
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
botahj: @OP

In response to your post, i sought information as regards the origin and validity of the said SMS when I got it and I was told by the source whoever subscribes to the message from the network provider would have Fifteen naira deducted daily from his/her line to cover the policy as premium. Hope it helps? So be careful..
yeah. when you activate the service. MTN would be deducting N15 from your units daily. i think the insurance lasts for a month. its just a way of ripping more money off greedy people. IMHO. if i need an insurance, i will go to an insurance company and get one that i can trust, not some telecommunication network affliated promo!
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by clans(f): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
botahj: @OP

yeah but as an insurance student I was taught that there are steps before a valid insurance contract can come to place, if not there would be a problem when it comes to claims, that's in the event of a claim. I just don't agree with them they should just stop deceiving people joor and making insurance look bad.. what's the insurance commission even saying about it sef
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by DisGuy: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
clans:
yeah but as an insurance student I was taught that there are steps before a valid insurance contract can come to place, if not there would be a problem when it comes to claims, that's in the event of a claim. I just don't agree with them they should just stop deceiving people joor and making insurance look bad.. what's the insurance commission even saying about it sef

BUT YOU SAID ITS IN CONJUCTION WITH MANSARD INSURANCE, I DOUBT MTN WILL PUT ANYTHING OUT WITHOUT PROPER CLEARANCE FROM THE INDUSTRY...AND IS IT PHONE INSURANCE OR HEALTH INSURANCE?

dirtymoney:
yeah. when you activate the service. MTN would be deducting N15 from your units daily. i think the insurance lasts for a month. its just a way of ripping more money off greedy people. IMHO. if i need an insurance, i will go to an insurance company and get one that i can trust, not some telecommunication network affliated promo!
clans:
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by APRIDE(m): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
That's a quasi form of term Insurance, but like you said, it lacks validity.
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by olorunthobby(f): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
dirtymoney: my question is. how can i stop MTn from sending me those messages?

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by smart134: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
pappy4real: Mtn never offers anything 100% free. At some point i cldnt meet their requirements so i opted out (so i thought), ever since they've been deducting #15 frm my acct daily

lol..as ma broda say..mind what u LEAP! Neva trust MTN Insuran..call tune..buy1 take 2..nah! Neva!

Y din i see sms like send 3100 to philiphine to donate to d helpless ppl..let me knw dat ma cash is worth it...
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
I also heard the advert when two mtn staffs were interviewed on Radio Continental early dis month.
I sent the code and I receive series of messages promptly reply (like registration form).
The second day, mtn deducted N15 from my account and since then, I nothing was deducted again.
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by kentochi(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
just receive the massage now
i will not try that.
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by clans(f): 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
BUT YOU SAID ITS IN CONJUCTION WITH MANSARD INSURANCE, I DOUBT MTN WILL PUT ANYTHING OUT WITHOUT PROPER CLEARANCE FROM THE INDUSTRY...AND IS IT PHONE INSURANCE OR HEALTH INSURANCE?

yeah but its LIFE insurance and that just doesn't happen. my beef with all this is that when a claim occurs and they they dont pay people start calling the insurance industry bad names and that not good cos im in the industry

Dis Guy:

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by kidirin: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
OP, the insurance cover is known as 'micro' insurance which is a type of insurance characterized by low premiums (N15/daily), low sums assured(N350,000), simple terms and exclusions; and little or no risk assessment/medical examination at the point of sale. Because the premiums are low, partnership with a company with a large customer base is essential for viability, hence the reason for mansard's partnership with MTN.

http://mansardinsurance.com/index.php/component/content/article/9-products/155-mtn-y-ello-cover-powered-by-mansard

Airtel in conjunction with FBN Life has a similar product; padi4 life: http://fbninsurance.com/product.php?page=padi4life

No need to worry about insurers loosing business just yet...lol ,large risks /contracts will still be underwritten the proper way. I am quite happy with the development but only hope that the insurance firms will properly administer and pay claims when due to dispel the lack of trust in the insurance industry.

2 Likes

Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by Actuarymatt: 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
since d ins cover is issued by mtn 2gda wit mansard ins, den it shud b valid. But, i'm cock sure dt one wil stil fil a form so as to make it legal. Nah nah nah..... Also, actuaries cant b replaced by computers. Without dem ins coys cant functn
Re: Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover by emmadejust(m): 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
I just register for personal accident insurance with sovereign trust insurance last week .for N1500,
nairalander can go and take it.
its Help incase of unforeseen emergency

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gums, Adhesives And Glues Production Training / Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo / In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.