Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors (22742 Views)

FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors / Vice-chancellors Of Nigeria Universities (photos) / Federal Universities Should Have Tuition Fees - Pro-Chancellors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by Nosgidi(m): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
BREAKING NEWS:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities(ASUU) just suspended her 5months old strike which began since July1st.This was made known by the President,Prof.Fagge while briefing reporters on Wednesday night,27th of Nov..
For more info and confirmation,just visit www.unagowaittire.com..

1 Like

Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by kommiejewel(f): 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
Na now dem wake up. . Were schls closed before?. . Wat they shld hav done waz 2 meet wit ASUU. . Mtchew. . #yeyedysmell. . .
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by kensnoop: 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
The ish there is that lecturers can't afford to go back to class without their 4 months salary, FG pls, I 'd wanted to marry at the Age of 30, now am 29 and I ve not graduated talk more of serving, don't kill our future no more
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by sakaguchi(m): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nosgidi: BREAKING NEWS:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities(ASUU) just suspended her 5months old strike which began since July1st.This was made known by the President,Prof.Fagge while briefing reporters on Wednesday night,27th of Nov..

You are a [size=96pt]BIG[/size] fool.
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
onimcee1: Will the lecturers be forced to teach? Even if the lecturers resume, will the pro-chancellors pay them their four months salary?
onimcee1: Will the lecturers be forced to teach? Even if the lecturers resume, will the pro-chancellors pay them their four months salary?
Wot r U saying? So FG shld pay dem 4 nt wukin, wot selfishness n arrogance, so wot will d students gain? Or wot r dey teaching d students? Dat wen dey hv graduated n hv a job dey can go on strike as lng as n come bk demanding 4 salary?
Am sure d bible said: d labourer is worthy of his wages, in dis case where is dier labour
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by Mogidi: 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
sakaguchi: ASUU should be disbanded, this is a matter of urgency. They are a problem to themselves and the nation at large, an association that scores itself high by how long a strike it has embarked on is a clog to any progressive wheel.
Imagine asking for pay in months which they did not teach, was that why they embarked on this evil protracted strike? In civilized countries, people don't do such, since ASUU were ready to stay at home for years until government give the necessary face lift to our universities, they should equally be ready to bear the brunt of the challenges.
No work no pay.
They didn't hear that statement today, it was made clear to them at the beginning of their strike.
If ASUU must be paid because the strike wasn't their fault, then students must be awarded 5.0 GP because the strike is not our fault either.

FG should disband the union, make it criminal for them to have a national body, each school may have an ASUU if they so desire, and while they are at it, our universities does not belong to ASUU alone, the committee of pro chancellors, association of chancellors, SSANU, NASU, NAAT, NANS, FG and the Nigerian people are all stake holders. All the associations above want to see our schools open except ASUU, since new conditions are been raised, government should put out her own conditions too; no lecturer should be allowed to embark on any form of strike, any lecturer or group of lecturers who renege on that agreement will be fired.

The schools should be opened by force, our universities have been high jacked by two terrorist and extremist groups, ASUU and Boko Haram, we must collect it from them.

You're so right. 99 Likes.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by chinedugreat(m): 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
GEJ PLAN B
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by donem: 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
slap1: Like I said, if the strike is called-off, Goodluck. If not, Patience.
grin Spot on man.
@ topic i really feel for helpless Nigerian students, cos from what i learnt some Fed Unis will resume 5th Jan 2014.
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by dabrake(m): 11:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
Why should they be paid? Did they work that they should be paid? FG should rather deduct 2 months salary from theirpackage for the months they didn't do anything.
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by stagger: 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Good move guys...Let's see who own universities.. ASUU or FG?

Similar stuff was tried in the early and mid 90s under Abacha; did not work. Abi na the pro-chancellors go teach you?
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by kalimera101: 12:04am On Nov 28, 2013
Pathfinder1: [color=#770077][/color]
Wot r U saying? So FG shld pay dem 4 nt wukin, wot selfishness n arrogance, so wot will d students gain? Or wot r dey teaching d students? Dat wen dey hv graduated n hv a job dey can go on strike as lng as n come bk demanding 4 salary?
Am sure d bible said: d labourer is worthy of his wages, in dis case where is dier labour
God bless u sir/ma. Why the hell should some one who didn't work be paid. All of u running ur mouth that that 4 month, abi 5month salary should be paid to people who didn't earn it.
I really hope when u run ur co-oporation and ur workers go on strike for 5 months, u will pay them.
Mtcheww. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by niceeric(m): 12:19am On Nov 28, 2013
mrpussylicker: I DONT WANT TO GO BACK. I MUST HUSTLE FOR CHRISTMASS.
But you really need to go back bro!!!cant u see you av forgotten how to spell Christmas already??

3 Likes

Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by pmc01(m): 1:13am On Nov 28, 2013
Ezedon: They really need to reopen, our girls are getting pregnants at home

sad angry embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry

ASUU should include your case in the next round of negotiations.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by aceTS: 5:14am On Nov 28, 2013
OrangeHokage: Well, Schs were never closed down our lecturers just stopped coming to class and without lecturers to teach there's no need wasting our time in sch. Except the so called chancellors and pro-chancellors would come and teach us...
unlimited likes!!!!
SCHOOLS WERE NEVER CLOSED. THESE OLD MEN NEED KIDS TO TELL THEM 1+1 IS ALWAYS 2
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by SBJoji(m): 5:32am On Nov 28, 2013
Good development
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by Miner13: 6:04am On Nov 28, 2013
they do not know how to zipped up i think. Hun?
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by myjudez: 6:12am On Nov 28, 2013
mrpussylicker: I DONT WANT TO GO BACK. I MUST HUSTLE FOR CHRISTMASS.
u no dey shame, all ur mate dey graduate 4 private universities, u dey there dey hustle 4 xmas.
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by okontachuka(m): 6:24am On Nov 28, 2013
pls if ASUU like them call of strike, since i don graduate as i dey so
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by kristosky(m): 6:59am On Nov 28, 2013
sakaguchi: ASUU should be disbanded, this is a matter of urgency. They are a problem to themselves and the nation at large, an association that scores itself high by how long a strike it has embarked on is a clog to any progressive wheel.
Imagine asking for pay in months which they did not teach, was that why they embarked on this evil protracted strike? In civilized countries, people don't do such, since ASUU were ready to stay at home for years until government give the necessary face lift to our universities, they should equally be ready to bear the brunt of the challenges.
No work no pay.
They didn't hear that statement today, it was made clear to them at the beginning of their strike.
If ASUU must be paid because the strike wasn't their fault, then students must be awarded 5.0 GP because the strike is not our fault either.

FG should disband the union, make it criminal for them to have a national body, each school may have an ASUU if they so desire, and while they are at it, our universities does not belong to ASUU alone, the committee of pro chancellors, association of chancellors, SSANU, NASU, NAAT, NANS, FG and the Nigerian people are all stake holders. All the associations above want to see our schools open except ASUU, since new conditions are been raised, government should put out her own conditions too; no lecturer should be allowed to embark on any form of strike, any lecturer or group of lecturers who renege on that agreement will be fired.

The schools should be opened by force, our universities have been high jacked by two terrorist and extremist groups, ASUU and Boko Haram, we must collect it from them.
u spoke well
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by ignis: 7:04am On Nov 28, 2013
Re-open ke, was the university gate locked before?
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2013
This strike is turning into somehting else. I honestly think that Nasir Fagge will be the next to follow Iyayi. Fix as many meeting as you want and on one of such meetings,fate will catch up with you. RIP in advance.
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by papilee77wing(m): 7:24am On Nov 28, 2013
Nosgidi: BREAKING NEWS:

U must be high on cheap drug...fool

1 Like

Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by olamidz(m): 7:57am On Nov 28, 2013
What have you been doing for the past 5 month[/quote]

Hw is it ur business wit wat he's been doin 4 ages
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by Anniettieufia(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2013
What are the those write ups on Red stand for ?

I only saw a drawn line on the signatories box,
that means they have not concluded their meeting .
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by ebode(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2013
Why should u be paid 4 doing nothing. In nigeria we talk public offices with laxity. Careless, lazy, selfish. lecturers. In a battle u cant have it all. So start sackin dem and start importing lecturers for us. Even most lecturer dont even update them selfs. The same 1970 ideas. Dissolve ASUU PLS.
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by donkelz(m): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2013
dimanche4real: cooldo they mean opening the school gates? unu Jokwa!

Ibu onye ehugbo?
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by tunex23: 8:42am On Nov 28, 2013
niceeric:
But you really need to go back bro!!!cant u see you av forgotten how to spell Christmas already??
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by leofab(f): 8:44am On Nov 28, 2013
Quote me wrong that ASUU isn't working with Boko Haram to HALT Western Education in Nigeria. Ever since ASUU started their strike, their accomplice has stopped attacking schools.
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by shinkafimoon(m): 9:05am On Nov 28, 2013
dewaskillz: u can only take d horse to d stream u can't force it to drink water. First of all, for any progress to b made lecturers outstanding salaries must be paid if not none of them will agree resuming.
They are not yet broke...no faden
should be paid them..will they award marks to us after we refuse to write an exam?..if they refuse to resume, govt should continue with the no work, no pay policy,when they are without salaries for a while,they will understand that they can't hold a country at ransom and khaki no be leather...that's all
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by shinkafimoon(m): 9:06am On Nov 28, 2013
dewaskillz: That's nice but u can only take d horse to d stream u can't force it to drink water. Management of schools like esut has tried it but to no avail. First of all, for any progress to b made lecturers outstanding salaries must be paid if not none of them will agree resuming. School Management and ASUU re different bodies
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by ades111(m): 9:11am On Nov 28, 2013
i sure say na u dey give dem belle noni#winks
Re: Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors by UDENSCO: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2013
My thinking is that the so-called committee of vice chancellors is suffering from dementia. Why not ask their principal, Mr. Goodluck to endorse on what he had promised. If he refused to sign, the meaning is that he has something he is not telling the public. Do recalled that Mr. Goodluck asked the press during the media chat that anybody who said he said that he would not contest or contest should show the paper where he signed it. Does it not imply that anything said without signing may as well mean not said at all. Oga president mbok sign if what you said comes from your mind. We are Nigerians and anything can happen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools / I Am Working With A Psycho Please Help / Unizik Releases 2014/2015 2nd Batch Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.