Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,916 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup (10163 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Keshi To Oliseh: You Were Nobody When You Started / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 28, 2013

[b]NFF Technical Committee Chairman Chris Green confirmed that Stephen Keshi will lead Super Eagles at FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil. Despite the problems between Big Boss and NFF Keshi will remain Nigeria's coach.
Chairman Gren expressed his sattisfaction with Keshi's work and assured that all the insinuations suggesting that he might be sacked ahead of the World Cup are false.

„Keshi has qualified us for the World Cup and that simply means Keshi would take us to the World Cup. We are satisfied with the jobs and results Keshi has produced. And for those insinuating for a foreign technical adviser or whatever they call it, it would not affect coach Stephen Keshi because he remains our head coach and he will lead the team to the World Cup.” - stated Green quoted by mtnfootball.com.

Earlier Keshi himself assured that he is not worried about losing his job, because it is the essence of working in the football world, especially in Nigeria. Big Boss already knows the feeling of being fired ahead of the World Cup. In 2002 he was assistant to coach Amodu. Both were fired before tournament in Japan and Korea, despite successful qualification.

„This job is all about hiring and firing. When I was sacked in 2002 it came as a terrible shock but that is life, we all moved on because you can’t keep living in anger and disappointment. We are talking about Nigeria here, so you never know what may happen. But what is important right now is that we are only focusing on what lies ahead which is preparing my players and nothing else.” - said Keshi for BBC Sport.

Hopefully now that everything is clear Super Eagles will be able to fully focus on World Cup preparations.[/b]

http://www.nigeriafootball.com/article,2107,Keshi-to-lead-Nigeria-at-World-Cup

so cool. i made fp again . 3rd time in my nairaland journey and my first since semptember. All i can say is Alubarika. Jah blessings all i see.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Saintsquare(m): 4:17am On Nov 28, 2013
NFF knew gobe might happen if Keshi is sacked,up Big boss.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by lexyman(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2013
NFF does not have a better choice , it will be difficult for a new coach that is not familiar with the team to take us to the World Cup and do well ...
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Danhumprey: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2013
I hope this is true. Fact is, the NFF don't have a damn choice! Should Keshi be sacked,they would only be jeopardising our World Cup dream!
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:56am On Nov 28, 2013
Lol, dem for fear lynching if dem sack Keshi. A man who has surpassed all expectations and proved that African coaches are just as good as their European counterparts, na who dem wan sack? On what basis? After Keshi retires probably after the 2018 WC. Manu Garba can take over #TEAMIndigenousCoaches

13 Likes

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by philfearon(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
*Football War1*
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Ajibel(m): 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
They wouldn't sack Keshi, I trust them at that buh what I don't trust in this folks is that they MAY bring in a foreigner under the guise of working with Keshi or as a Technical bullshit advicer undecided
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ajibel: They wouldn't sack Keshi, I trust them at that buh what I don't trust in this folks is that they MAY bring in a foreigner under the guise of working with Keshi or as a Technical bullshit advicer undecided

Pythonian i see you. try spending sometime with a spelling bee instead of a dangerous python! LOL grin
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by PuffyT1(m): 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
nobody shld touch the *big boss* o......stephen keshi....rugged koshi

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by soloxxng: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
nice move grin NFF
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
Gud cos d man is gud
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by babtundey01: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
e ni oke imi leyin orun..Up keshi
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by henryugo(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
i can smell de cup coming to 9ja by God grace..
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by yunglykmine(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Better!!
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by homesteady(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Now they are talking sense!
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by nerodenero: 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
rasojie: NFF Technical Committee Chairman Chris Green confirmed that Stephen Keshi will lead Super Eagles at FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil. Despite the problems between Big Boss and NFF Keshi will remain Nigeria's coach.
Pay the labourer is dues. That is his sweat!!!Pay Keshi his salary. May thunder fire anybody wey wan deny Keshi the reward of his labour i.e. salary and world cup.

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by godson0032000(m): 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
This NFF pple are unserious... Y would u sack and destroy a team dat has been successful nf consistent overtime
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by MVLOX(m): 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
Beta I tink say does criminals way dey glass hse wan use oyibo replace am b4. God for really punish dem well well. cum 2 think of it o DeM don pay keshi salaries?
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Big4wig(m): 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Go 9ja
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by ichommy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Okay
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by sukij(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
sacking him or nt doesnt mean Nigeria will win d world cup
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Nnamdig2(m): 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
If true then it is a good newsIf true then it is a good newsIf true then it is a good news
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
before nko.. Who una wan appoint.. Mourinho?
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by njuwo(m): 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
rasojie:

http://www.nigeriafootball.com/article,2107,Keshi-to-lead-Nigeria-at-World-Cup
Who will then lead Nigeria at World Kettle?

4 Likes

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Bravoosii: 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
suki-j:
Who said anything about winning the world cup? :-/
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by slimthugchimee(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
suki-j:
atleast we go get hope say we go qualify group stage or makeup a good perfomance
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by mekuzoil(m): 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
njuwo: Who will then lead Nigeria at World Glass?

KESHI and no body but KESHI will lead 9JA to a successful world cup outing next year!

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by sammie4real: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by astronautog(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
this means one tin 9ja don win world cup yes yes yes yes yes

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by Ayatullah(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
safarigirl: Lol, dem for fear lynching if dem sack Keshi. A man who has surpassed all expectations and proved that African coaches are just as good as their European counterparts, na who dem wan sack? On what basis? After Keshi retires probably after the 2018 WC. Manu Garba can take over #TEAMIndigenousCoaches

You have said it all. You deserve a
free ticket to Brazil come 2014.

1 Like

Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by agabaI23(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Keshi has qualified us for the World Cup and that simply means Keshi would take us to the World Cup. We are satisfied with the jobs and results Keshi has produced. And for those insinuating for a foreign technical adviser or whatever they call it, it would not affect coach Stephen Keshi because he remains our head coach and he will lead the team to the World Cup.” - stated Green quoted by mtnfootball.com.

I think the bolded means they will bring in a white man. They have not ruled out hiring a technical adviser like someone said.

Do not be decieved. I think he is just trying to calm the uproar!
Re: Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup by CocoLoca(f): 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Before nko??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Falcons Midfielder Echegini Announces Departure From Juventus / Nigeria Vs South Africa (7 - 3) (COPA Lagos 2011) / NFF Urges Eaglets To Create Record For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.