Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) (21310 Views)

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria / Guidelines For Importing Goods Into Nigeria (clearing Your Goods) / Company Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by austinobee: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2008
Nigeria was a colony of Britain up to the First day of October 1960 when Nigeria became an independent country. In consequence, Nigerian law is based almost entirely on English Law. The Nigerian Legal System is the English system with some local modifications.

The basic law of Nigeria is the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999

Business in Nigeria necessarily starts with the company law of Nigeria . The first company law was the Companies Ordinance of 1912. This was a local enactment of the Companies (Consolidation) Act 1908 of England. Thereafter, we had the Companies Ordinance 1917 and five years later, we had the Companies Ordinance 1922.

The next major change was in 1968 when the Companies Decree 1968 was promulgated and that decree remained in force until the coming of the Companies and Allied Matters Decree No 1 of 1990. That decree is (with amendments) still the company law of Nigeria but it is now known as the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990

This law regulates the different ways in which business may be carried out and is divided into three parts, each part dealing with one of those ways. The parts are

Part A
Companies

Part B
Business Names

Part C
Incorporated Trustees

Registration of businesses under the Act is carried out by and at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) The head office of CAC is in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria.

Most persons who are interested in Doing Business in Nigeria or in Doing Business with Nigeria would want to operate as or in companies and so will be concerned with Part A only.

The most important thing for the non-Nigerian to take into account is that company law in Nigeria requires foreign companies intending to carry on business in Nigeria to be incorporated locally. For full details about this, please see Chapter 3 of Companies and allied Matters Act 1990 which deals with Foreign Companies

Setting up a company in Nigeria

The foreigner will do well (and it is advisable) to engage the services of a law firm in Nigeria in order to properly do business in Nigeria. The International Centre for Nigerian Law provides such services to foreigners wishing to do business in Nigeria through our in-house law firm, International Centre for Nigerian Law Legal Practitioners. To request the services of the in-house law firm, please send an email to ICFNL@nigeria-law.org

1. Incorporate the company

1.1 The starting point is to decide on the name of the new company. For a foreign company setting up in Nigeria, it is advisable to chose a name that is the same as the name of the parent company and ending with Nigeria Limited. It is advisable to make an application to CAC for Availability and Reservation of Name.

1.2 Draft Memorandum and Articles of Association. (MeMat) It is advisable that the objects in the MeMat be as close to that of the parent company as Nigerian law will allow.

1.3 Agree upon a share capital structure for the new company. Non-Nigerians may own 100% (One hundred percent) of a company but it is politically advisable to have some Nigerian participation.

Stamp duty is payable in respect of the share capital and also, the amount paid as filling fees depends on the share capital. It may cost more money but it is advisable to have a respectable share capital.

1.4 Nigerian law provides that at least two persons must sign a MeMat as subscribers. The law also provides that at least twenty five percent (25%) of the share be allotted on incorporation.

2. The costs

The Fees to be paid to and at CAC for matters under the Act are as specified in Companies and Allied Matters (Fees) Regulations 2003 The Minister of Commerce makes the regulations in exercise of the powers conferred upon the Minister by sections 16, 632, 668, and 692 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act and all other powers enabling the Minister in that behalf. The Minister may change the Regulations as and when he deems fit and the changes will be published in the official gazette

Stamp Duty is payable in respect of the MeMat and the MeMat must be stamped before it is presented to CAC for filling. Stamp Duty is Chargeable by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and is assessed on behalf of the FIRS by the Federal Commissioner of Stamp Duties according to a scale fixed by the Joint Tax Board.

All the payments are made in the national currency of Nigeria which is the Naira and the symbol is N (the capital letter N double struck through) It is also denoted in international notation as NGN

3. The fees

It is normal instruct lawyers or any other person to incorporate a company. Payments made for company registration are made up of Fees and Costs incurred.

3.1 The costs are sums of money paid to Government or in any other way spend in the course of incorporating the company and includes Filling fees, Fess for Availability and Reservation of Name, procurement of Incorporation Forms, and costs of engrossment (printing) of the MemMat.

3.2 Fess are paid to Lawyers or Any person authorised to register companiesfor their professional services.

Do you wish to register a company at the best price. Then you can call Augustine Osagie on 07028833735 or 08065077654. Our prices are competitive and about the best in the market. You will get you Certificate of Incorporation between two to three weeks.

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by princessk1: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2008
so its no longer enough to do ambulance chasin at c.a.c it has reached nairaland seriously u need a word from the ethics commitee.this is embarassing to all lawyers. sad sad embarassed embarassed shocked shocked very sad.
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by lawyer(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2008
princess k:

so its no longer enough to do ambulance chasin at c.a.c it has reached nairaland seriously u need a word from the ethics commitee.this is embarassing to all lawyers. sad sad embarassed embarassed shocked shocked very sad.

@princess k

I have to confess, that after seeing austinobee's posts, i have to concur that its embarassing if he is a lawyer. Although its not wrong to deal with a professional and contact him to help you do a job, but the way and manner he is going out of his way to attract business to him from all aspects of the law is befuddling to say the least. A simple contact through his email privately would have been ok but not the full data of contact me at all cost.

Nairaland is a forum to educate everyone about issues that they arent conversant about and if you want people to hook up biz with you, just use your mail. The rest will take its natural course.

Abeg austino easy up and educate more. If they will do biz with you, you have to earn it not force it.

Cheers!
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by akhilv: 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2010
Please help me I have been told by my lawyer that I require to apply for Expat quota and residence permit before CAC will issue me a certificate of incorporation. I am on business permit and I have tied with a company to do business here in Lagos. I am a director of the company and the MD is a Nigerian. What I don't understand is why do I need to apply for the Residence permit even before the company is incorporated
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by Careso: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
I wish to register a foreign company in Nigeria.

Who can do this, please call 08036668737 or e-mail: enynnay@yahoo.com

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by omogidi234(m): 11:59am On Apr 09, 2011
princess k:

@ Princess, while I will not want to disagree with you, I will also want you to note that the Rules have not been ammended to accommodate prohibiton of internet advertisement et all. So please be gentle on the guy.

Best regards.

@ OP, the only issue I have with you is that you are not offering us anything new/different from what[b] @ lawyer[/b] has flogged nairaland with on the same topic. I would have thought, you will look at lawyer's post and add what is missing on all his threads to garner your own clientele. You did not expantiate on the Alien participation, I would have expected you to say you will deliver certificate and accompanying documents in 1 week (after all,  it is 1 week in stamp duty, 2 weeks in CAC). All the same,

Best regards.

@ lawyer, you will need to please educate me on the reason why you have to be among the people that will cast stone at the OP. I have gone through your similar threads on this topic, the only thing the OP did different from you is that he included his full name. Please let us not play the ostrich.

Best regards.
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by smugmanuel(m): 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2011
Please leave the young fellow alone. angry
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by omogidi234(m): 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
akhil_v:

Please help me I have been told by my lawyer that I require to apply for Expat quota and residence permit before CAC will issue me a certificate of incorporation. I am on business permit and I have tied with a company to do business here in Lagos. I am a director of the company and the MD is a Nigerian. What I don't understand is why do I need to apply for the Residence permit even before the company is incorporated

I hope this information is useful.

Expartriate quota: is given to enable foreigner work in Nigeria (a company usually applies)
Business permit   : is given to enable foreign company carry on business in Nigeria (a company usually applies/but  you sounded & suggested they now give  
                             individual foreigner)  
Residence permit  :is given to enable foreigner live in Nigeria (an individual usually applies)

This is the basic definition. Please note that your lawyer is absolutely correct, if you have not I am advising you to fully give him/her your co-operation.

Best regards.
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by Consultville(m): 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
Company registration just got easier with Regville Associates
www.regville.com
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by disc20: 11:16am On Aug 12, 2013
For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-register-your-business-in.html
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by gomezblue: 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
Interested in investing in the fastest growing and biggest economy in Africa? Think Pendok we have assisted over 100 clients and promoters in Diaspora to achieve in aims with all corporate needs in Nigeria. With incorporation, taxation, consultancy and other relevant corporate services in Nigeria. We are the best and foremost in corporate services, with accreditations from relevant Nigerian agencies like CAC, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Trade, Investment and Commerce etc. We register business name, LLC, NGOs and other corporate alteration at affordable costs. Visit www.pendok.com or call 08107804290 or email inquiries@pendok.com.
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by Tolujoseph(m): 12:00am On Sep 20, 2013
Regville Associates is proud to be Nigeria’s foremost company registration firm. What makes Regville distinctive and different is that not only will they help you register your company they will help you get necessary documents that your bank requires to open a corporate bank account at NO EXTRA COST.
For further details visit www.regville.com

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by buu: 11:48am On Nov 23, 2016
akhilv:

My response is kinda late but you can never be granted expatriate quota position(s) if your company isn't 1st incorporated with CAC.

CAC and Ministry of Interior are independent bodies established to carry out different functions.

CAC will never request for your expatriate quota positions as its not within its powers to do so.

CAC will only request for residence permit if you are a foreigner with a Nigerian address. Then you need to show proof that your legally resident in Nigeria.
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 11:27am On Mar 10, 2017
According to the Federal Government drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).
If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).
We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. Contact us to enjoy our advantage.
Why not contact us via mail pendoknig@yahoo.com or call us on 08107804290 & 08026103452.
Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
Do you have a name you cherished & will like to make it your branded company, when not be like ALAMEDA INTEGRATED GLOBAL LTD. The company promoter contacted us & today his Limited Company is registered.

We assisted clients/ promoters in the following areas:
1. Company Registration (Business Name & Partnership)
2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
3. Incorporated Trustees (Foundation, NGO, Club, Church, Initiative etc)
4. Intellectual Properties (Trademark, Patents, Specialized Designs)
5. Taxation (TIN Application, TCC Application, CIT Filings, VAT Filings etc)
6. EFCC SCUML Application
7. NAFDAC Registration
8. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart etc)
9. Corporate Services (Consent Code Application, Company Search etc)
10. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations at a subsidized fees).

Some of our services at affordable cost:
Business Name Registration: N20,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N70,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 32 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD via call/whatsapp on 08107804290, email: info@gomezconsult.com or visit our website: www.gomezconsult.com. Thanks.

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 7:45am On Jan 09, 2019
Do you have a name that you cherish and will like to make it an household company brand, take hold of your future & that of ur wards.

Contact us today like ANIDOT-PLUS NIGERIA LTD, let’s assist you register your company. Visit gomezconsult.com, Call/WhatsApp: 08107804290 or mail info@gomezconsult.com.

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 7:47am On Jan 09, 2019
Do you desire to register a business name, one that is afforadable, void of stress & queries from CAC.

Why not contact us like the proprietor of ROYALE SPRINGS today.
Contact your CAC accredited firm on 08107804290, visit gomezconsult.com or mail us: info@gomezconsult.com.

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 7:50am On Jan 09, 2019
There is unregistered group of shop owners in MOSAN AKINOGUN area in Ipaja, Lagos. They contacted us & today we have started their registration as MOSAN-AKINOGUN LOCK-UP SHOP ASSOCIATION.

Why not let’s give your NGOs a legal brand with the CAC. Contact us now on 08107804290, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 7:52am On Jan 09, 2019
The client called & ask if we could assist him achieve a corporate name for his diverse businesses. That was how POJALA INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LTD was birth.

I know you have some businesses you’re engaged in, let us help couch a business objectives that suit you. Call 08107804290, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 7:53am On Jan 09, 2019
Yes, I have a registered limited company but I need a group of company. I want to be like Dangote, Ibeto, BUA etc.

Contact us today like the shareholders of TRANSPARENT ENERGY GROUP LIMITED.

2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
7. NAFDAC Registration
8. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart etc)
10. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations at a subsidized fees).

Business Name Registration: N20,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N70,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 32 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD via call/whatsapp on 08107804290, email: info@gomezconsult.com or visit our website: www.gomezconsult.com. Thanks.

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
The proposed company name “POJALA INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LTD” was reserved on Tuesday and today Thursday the proposed is now a fully registered legal person.

Just within 3 days, a proposed name became registered. No story, everything sharp sharp!!! Contact us on 08107804290, mail us on info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Others ongoing jobs are also inclusive.

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
It is officially registered. TRANSPARENT ENERGY GROUP LIMITED is now a registered group of companies.
Do you desire same, free feel to contact us on 08107804290/ 08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 11:26am On Jan 16, 2019
ANIDOT-PLUS NIGERIA LTD commenced its registration process on 7th January 2019, it was officially registered as a legal person on 14th January 2019. Making 5-7 days promise a reality.
7. NAFDAC Registration

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 7:31am On Jan 18, 2019
She called all the way from AWKA, ANAMBRA never saw us in person but she believe we could assist her register FREDRICK NWANKWO NWEKE FOUNDATION.

It actually became a reality after 29 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public notice).
What are you waiting for? Contact us via 08107804290, or mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit

7. NAFDAC Registration

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 10:21am On Jan 19, 2019
The director of CROWNPILLS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD said, “O Wow! This is Magic”. Now, what is the magic The magic is when a Private Limited Company is commenced and incorporated within two days (that is, from name reservation to certification).

Why not contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD today. Call/Whatsapp: 08107804290/08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 30 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 8:01pm On Jan 22, 2019
According to several statistics Nigeria still remains the economic hub of Africa. Are you a foreigner who is interested in running an investment company in Nigeria?
Have you heard of the necessary requirements for a Foreign Company in Nigeria (like Expatriate Quotas, CERPAC e.t.c.)
Why not contact us like AFRICAN VOICES DUBBING COMPANY LTD. All services are affordable and time conscious
Contact us on 08107804290/ 08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 6:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
Are you interested in registering a NGO, Foundation, CSO, Club, Church, Initiative, Association? Why not be like the TRUSTEES OF THE INITIATIVE FOR NOT TOO YOUNG AWARENESS.
We will guide & assisting you in achieving your proposed NGO within 29 days (inclusive of 28 days for public notice)
Do you desire same, free feel to contact us on 08107804290/ 08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Others ongoing company registrations are also inclusive.

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
Going to schools & acquiring certificates is good, but what is better is to convert the acquired knowledge & skills to essential services & commodities to best oneself & mankind in general.

Why not turn your skills to a company, be like ACCOUNTING WIZARDS. Contact 08107804290/ 08102794272 or mail info@gomezconsult.com today.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Business Name Registration: N15,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N50,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N100,000 (Certificate will be out within 32 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
Everything in life is all about ones mindset. I know you have a idea or business you are running or about to operate, why not lets partner with you & turn it into a brand or a company. Contact us like AFRITRANS MANAGEMENT & let’s start building today. Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com; call/Whatsapp us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us on info@gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Business Name Registration: N15,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N50,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N100,000 (Certificate will be out within 30 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Re: Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) by DeConsultant: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
We treat our entire client’s company application with utmost professionalism. We give all customers top priority and make sure they get the best of service delivery.

Congratulations to the management of RHYOID NIGERIA LIMITED.

Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com; call/Whatsapp us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us on info@gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N100,000 (Certificate will be out within 30 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).
Some company certificates we got out this week.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank Execs Fingered Sabotaging New Naira Notes Distribution / The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All / Have You Seen The New 5000 Naira Note?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.