Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities (980 Views)

ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG / 2013 JAMB CUT-OFF: List Of Universities And Their Jamb/post-utme Cut Off Marks / Fg Order Reopening Of Unn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by Otunbalarry: 6:33am On Nov 29, 2013
It is no longer news that the federal government has ordered the reopening of all federal universities and the resumption to work of all academic staffs,and any staff who fails to comply with this directive on or before Dec4 would automatically loose his/her job.
Lets share our view on this development,do you support the FG,regarding its latest action or not.As for me i think FG'S directive has been long overdue.Leaving sentiments nobody is bigger than Nigeria and thats what we should let ASUU know,students have suffered enough.
What's your own view?
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by humblesteve(m): 6:45am On Nov 29, 2013
yeah you are right, but I still doubt the possibility of that happening, remember you are dealing with with learned men/woman there's no way that could happen declaring of million positions vacant.

this will warrant them taking fg to court which will still delay the whole thing.

my opinion tho

good morning everyone
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by Otunbalarry: 7:42am On Nov 29, 2013
humblesteve: yeah you are right, but I still doubt the possibility of that happening, remember you are dealing with with learned men/woman there's no way that could happen declaring of million positions vacant.

this will warrant them taking fg to court which will still delay the whole thing.

my opinion tho

good morning everyone
if dy should take FG to court,it may take up to 5years before the court up to d supreme will finish the case,tsebi na Nigerian court,and am sure that courts wouldn't order status-quo,because that will mean d strike goes on and fg can't recruit new lecturers.
MY OPINION THO
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by Swiftboy(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2013
Over-due or what? I cant hear you well! @OP dont tell me you're in support of this useless government! The Nigerian students are the most foolish one to say the least! By now I expect SUG to lead a protest to join ASUU in support for a just cause! This FG is a joke! How dare you threaten ASUU when they only ask for written documents necessary to end the strike for good? GEJ has failed us...Is it too much to ask that the govt do the necessary? Put their money where their mouth is instead of lying and playing politics about everything! Where is the agreement made to the health workers? Where is the implementation made to ASUP? Where is the promise of power supply? I voted GEJ cos I tot he's the man to cause the change we all deserve but now,he's tricky! Some say because the meeting lasted for 13 hours should automatically end the strike when FG intend not to honour the agreements just like in 2009,2012 this is 2013 still on another agreement level.when are we going to continue this moving in a circle.If government sack every lecturer,whats the guarantee that the new ASUU wont be formed to protect its interests from ever un-serious FG! ASUU need to call those Universities that have resumed back to the strike,this FG is not serious!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:08am On Nov 29, 2013
This is a case of good intentions bad decision. Obviously ASUU has lost sympathy from all Nigerians and FG is using it against them. If we look at things critically, ASUU didn't know when to shield its sword and things aren't done that way. The country is in a mess and they ought to have given GEJ the benefit of doubt been the first sitting president to sit with them in thrashing things out, maybe they actually thought Obama will come to their rescue. ASUU started getting things wrong when they started making their meeting a secret, if truly ur fighting for the students and your keeping the students in the dark, no student representative in any meeting is bad. I totally support the move by the fg. Am very sure there are loads of pple ready to take this jobs and there are a lot of lecturers who will not joke with his/her jobs because of a leader who isn't thinking right
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by Otunbalarry: 8:27am On Nov 29, 2013
Swiftboy: Over-due or what? I cant hear you well! @OP dont tell me you're in support of this useless government! The Nigerian students are the most foolish one to say the least! By now I expect SUG to lead a protest to join ASUU in support for a just cause! This FG is a joke! How dare you threaten ASUU when they only ask for written documents necessary to end the strike for good? GEJ has failed us...Is it too much to ask that the govt do the necessary? Put their money where their mouth is instead of lying and playing politics about everything! Where is the agreement made to the health workers? Where is the implementation made to ASUP? Where is the promise of power supply? I voted GEJ cos I tot he's the man to cause the change we all deserve but now,he's tricky! Some say because the meeting lasted for 13 hours should automatically end the strike when FG intend not to honour the agreements just like in 2009,2012 this is 2013 still on another agreement level.when are we going to continue this moving in a circle.If government sack every lecturer,whats the guarantee that the new ASUU wont be formed to protect its interests from ever un-serious FG! ASUU need to call those Universities that have resumed back to the strike,this FG is not serious!
that is my own personal opinion,but let us state some facts here,the law states that if after 3months a union on strike fails to call-off then they would have to forfeit their salary,and see it as part of their struggle,and again i agree that FG has been irresponsible,but this government has tried frantically to end the strike right from its onset,and so far so good has tried compared to previous administrations,and ASUU has also gone against its own rule of engagement,the NEC is meant to collate the result of branches and announce its result,so far so good 60percent voted for its call-off,why are the branches chairmen and some few elements overiding the majority?.
Nairalanders,lets have more opinions,share your views,as we await December 4..
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2013
I just watched the sunrise on channels television which interviewed ASUU chairman unilag chapter and all I can say is that ASUU is also insensitive. Judging from the chairman's view, I still think ASUU has been compromised. They should just come out that they are fighting the government and stop using students for cover up. Greedy people
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by Otunbalarry: 8:47am On Nov 29, 2013
ULSHERLAN: I just watched the sunrise on channels television which interviewed ASUU chairman unilag chapter and all I can say is that ASUU is also insensitive. Judging from the chairman's view, I still think ASUU has been compromised. They should just come out that they are fighting the government and stop using students for cover up. Greedy people
am unhappy bkos if our dear lecturers can be so insensitive,what does the future hold for us?
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by stfadaanthony(m): 8:54am On Nov 29, 2013
I doubt if dis op knows wot is sayn.why blame ASUU,dis is an agreement signed abt 5yrs ago,nw dy ave jst strike 4 5mths ad u ar hear shoutn.FG is a total joke.many uni in Nigeria does nt ave even d cheapest chemicals 4pratical,even d federal uni is stil fair,pay a visit 2state uni labs,u wil cry 4d Nigeria child.wot has dis ppl askd 4,jst 4Fg 2sign 4d payment of their 4ths agreement.FG is only taking d advantage of unemployment in Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:02am On Nov 29, 2013
stfadaanthony: I doubt if dis op knows wot is sayn.why blame ASUU,dis is an agreement signed abt 5yrs ago,nw dy ave jst strike 4 5mths ad u ar hear shoutn.FG is a total joke.many uni in Nigeria does nt ave even d cheapest chemicals 4pratical,even d federal uni is stil fair,pay a visit 2state uni labs,u wil cry 4d Nigeria child.wot has dis ppl askd 4,jst 4Fg 2sign 4d payment of their 4ths agreement.FG is only taking d advantage of unemployment in Nigeria.
So what was the 13hr meeting with GEJ all about. Why have they kept the students which they claim to be fighting for in the dark. If ASUU can't give the president of Nigeria the benefit of the doubt owing to the fact that all Nigerians are aware now, who do you think they will listen to. What was the agreement...we will go back to our members and conduct a vote. Now they did which turned out that majority wants the strike suspended only to come up with another which has breached their earlier agreement.
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by Otunbalarry: 9:07am On Nov 29, 2013
stfadaanthony: I doubt if dis op knows wot is sayn.why blame ASUU,dis is an agreement signed abt 5yrs ago,nw dy ave jst strike 4 5mths ad u ar hear shoutn.FG is a total joke.many uni in Nigeria does nt ave even d cheapest chemicals 4pratical,even d federal uni is stil fair,pay a visit 2state uni labs,u wil cry 4d Nigeria child.wot has dis ppl askd 4,jst 4Fg 2sign 4d payment of their 4ths agreement.FG is only taking d advantage of unemployment in Nigeria.
hmm bro,Y the attack on the op?Am jst trying to luk at it 4rm two sides,and see which side has really taken us for grantd,all have bin writing so far has been my own very personal opinion,let us share our opinions objectively and not sentimentally,or attacking a personality.
Have always supported ASUU but this is getting too far.
I have in my earlier posts stated my reasons for supporting FG in this case.Everybody cant necessarily view things the way i view it.All have been sharing are my opinions.
Let us also have your say,while we wait for Dec4
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by humblesteve(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Otunbalarry: if dy should take FG to court,it may take up to 5years before the court up to d supreme will finish the case,tsebi na Nigerian court,and am sure that courts wouldn't order status-quo,because that will mean d strike goes on and fg can't recruit new lecturers.
MY OPINION THO

exactly my point so the fg should do their self good and reach to those conditions and let the students go back to schools. if not I see this strike ending 2017.

my opinion#
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by pseudonomer: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Why can't the government sign the written agreement? I smell ɑ foul play here... If ASUU suspend the strike without achieving their aim. I'll be more than angry with ASUU. The Politicians have no integrity to protect, they've never been true to the promises, the same promises made when campaigning for ɑ political post. They are all bunch of liars. ASUU been aware of this requested for ɑ written and signed document of the agreement, the next step of the FG is to force things, which is automatically equal to, they are not going to do anything about the agreement.
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2013
They've taken this too far. ASUU is now a tool in the hands of political opponents of this present government.
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by pseudonomer: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2013
Why can't the government sign the written agreement? I smell ɑ foul play here... If ASUU suspend the strike without achieving their aim. I'll be more than angry with ASUU. The Politicians have no integrity to protect, they've never been true to the promises, the same promises made when campaigning for ɑ political post. They are all bunch of liars. ASUU been aware of this requested for ɑ written and signed document of the agreement, the next step of the FG is to force things, which is automatically equal to, they are not going to do anything about the agreement.
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by akpur1(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2013
Pls hope you where aware that ASUU has always put the government into durex.. However the 2009 agreement is not implemented anywhere in the world and beside lecturers just needed good atmosphere,salary and equipments to teach. Why ask for irrelevant items a say it shhould not be reviewed so that you could do say the government is foolish

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2013
Make I book space. *Dec 4 Chilling* cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by premlove(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2013
Ok we student we agree with you mr president you have tried for you to take ur time and have a meet with ASUU you have done well all ASUU is asking now is not much just sign it on paper the attorney general will sign labour chairman you sign am not say that we ASUU dont trust you bt all we are say is that all of you should sign is that too big to ask from our oga at the top. Abeg i support ASUU
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
prem love: Ok we student we agree with you mr president you have tried for you to take ur time and have a meet with ASUU you have done well all ASUU is asking now is not much just sign it on paper the attorney general will sign labour chairman you sign am not say that we ASUU dont trust you bt all we are say is that all of you should sign is that too big to ask from our oga at the top. Abeg i support ASUU
U really need to
Re: Nairaland Reports: Nigerians React To Fg Order On Reopening Of Universities by falconey(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
The part I don't understand is ASUU asking for 5 months un-work salaries.......lols they said dey are fighting for us....which student dem teach for the past 5 months?..............abeg ASUU don Bleep -up big time.....u had 13 hours meeting with goodluck u didn't sign any agreement concerning the implementation immediately,lols and u want to meet him again for 13 hours? Lols

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State University Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike / Register:nepad Nigeria Organizes Free Training For Nigerian Unemployed Graduates / About Ma Rag Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.