Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal (19129 Views)

The New Layout Of / Whats Up With The New Layout Of Nairaland Mobile Site? / Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by saddik(m): 8:54am On Nov 29, 2013
igbsam: The speed works with your account balance. If you have between 500,000 and 200,000...The speed would be somehow on the average, not too fast and not too slow. If you have from 200,000 and below....My brother, you have to wait for it to load, even if it will take one hour for a page to load....If you have 500,000 and above, the loading speed can be compared with that of light. Na your money dey talk. The Higher your account balance, the faster the speed of loading. You think say dem no know wetin dem dey do ? Abeg, increase your account balance to enjoy maximum speed of page loading.

LWKMD. How on earth u go think of something like this. I know say na joke.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by Elgaxton(m): 8:57am On Nov 29, 2013
@Op I'm sure it was from ure network.

The site is cool and looks more like an app
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by teewhy3(m): 9:02am On Nov 29, 2013
Okija_juju: You should see Firstbanks new web portal as well.. angry

The darn thing is so useless that I couldnt even log into my own account. The darn thing kept telling me 'invalid password' like I didnt know my own password again. angry Thank Heavens that the old page was still available.

It is a different password for the new portal. Check your old portal inbox or your email address, they must have sent you a new password.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by moshoodn(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2013
theoctopus: ! The best sites in the world are not beautiful They are just functional

Yes...

Just like Google.

Fast, functional and not overly decorated!
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by DualCore1: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2013
For those saying its a network thing, have a look at the video below placing GTBank's online portal side by side with Nairaland and other sites and watch them load.

http://www.webpagetest.org/video/view.php?id=131129_0cc4c5fde6464c572c09f255d2752ce367132c94

1 Like

Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by ajaopopo: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2013
Check unity bank portal too.so fast,
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by theoctopus: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2013
igbsam:
I see you have no sense of humour....Mtchewwwwwwww! Like i care. Continue chewing my sugar cane

Was that meant to be a joke? Bro, you should have just gone online and copied a real joke from somewhere. That wasnt funny one bit! Honestly.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:19am On Nov 29, 2013
The Bank had been sending me alerts about it for a week now. When I saw this thread, I decided to check it out.
Please let truth be told, this has absolutely nothing to do with teh OPs internet connectivity speed.
My speed here is great but this new portal has got to be slower than a snail!
The OP is 100% right. It took over 10mins to allow me check my bloody balance! angry
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2013
Here's my own review of the new gtbank ibanking portal

Advantages
1. its been optimised for touch enabled devices (touch screen phones, touch screen computers/laptops and tablets)
2. The UI looks great
3. Spaces which used to be blank are now occupied by bank's ads (this is both an advantage & a disadvantage)

Disadvantages
1. Its surely slower, page size has grown at least 300% mostly due to the addition of photo adverts and a larger css file, poor configuration of IIS is also a major part of this problem

2. No new feature was added!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad angry

3. UX is now poorer due to the fact that what should ordinarily take one click to accomplish previously now take two to three clicks depending on the feature.

4. Typography in tables is still quite bad. When looking at transaction details and account statement, its quite unpleasant to read due to poor line spacing

Solution
1. Use text for adverts where possible and re-optimize pictures used
2. Add a new feature please!
3. Improve User Experience (UX)
4. Improve the typography on record tables
5. Check IIS configurations and make the proper adjustments
6. Adjust cache settings

2 Likes

Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by theoctopus: 9:26am On Nov 29, 2013
fewj: Here's my own review of the new gtbank ibanking portal

Advantages
1. its been optimised for touch enabled devices (touch screen phones, touch screen computers/laptops and tablets)
2. The UI looks great
3. Spaces which used to be blank are now occupied by bank's ads (this is both an advantage & a disadvantage)

Disadvantages
1. Its surely slower, page size has grown at least 300% mostly due to the addition of photo adverts and a larger css file, poor configuration of IIS is also a major part of this problem

2. No new feature was added!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad angry

3. UX is now poorer due to the fact that what should ordinarily take one click to accomplish previously now take two to three clicks depending on the feature.

4. Typography in tables is still quite bad. When looking at transaction details and account statement, its quite unpleasant to read due to poor line spacing

Solution
1. Use text for adverts where possible and re-optimize pictures used
2. Add a new feature please!
3. Improve User Experience (UX)
4. Improve the typography on record tables
5. Check IIS configurations and make the proper adjustments
6. Adjust cache settings

Good analysis. Like I said earlier. The first mistake is that they must understand organisations need to focus on their users most important needs when designing their website. For banks, beauty should be the last item on the list. Speed, security, simplicity and UX are the top prioritites

1 Like

Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2013
Dual Core: For those saying its a network thing, have a look at the video below placing GTBank's online portal side by side with Nairaland and other sites and watch them load.

http://www.webpagetest.org/video/view.php?id=131129_0cc4c5fde6464c572c09f255d2752ce367132c94

Nothing for nothing, but i don't thing the gtbank portal should be compared to nairaland, nairaland is visually naked cheesy

1 Like

Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by igbsam(m): 9:34am On Nov 29, 2013
theoctopus:

Was that meant to be a joke? Bro, you should have just gone online and copied a real joke from somewhere. That wasnt funny one bit! Honestly.
Who begged you to find it funny ? Abeg face your front....Did i ask for your opinion ? Busybody
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 29, 2013
Can't remember the last time I log on to my internet banking account. I hate the old interface though. Too basic.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by Cyberknight: 9:54am On Nov 29, 2013
The poster is right, the damn thing is bloody slow indeed. Needs to be tweaked some more, I'd say. My opinion: GTB should leave the old one there while they sort out the glitches with this new one. Transaction time is really, really slow indeed.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by tdie: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Aesthetically better, functionally the same...
But the speed.... its horrible... I had to keep rechecking other sites (including YouTube) to be sure that my internet connection hadn't gone off.
To wait for 5-10 mins only to get the normal "token" message (in case of transfers), and then wait another 10 mins before you actually do get to fill in the details... and then another 5 mins.... Ughhh...
With the old interface, everything could be done in under 2 minutes...

SUMMARY; GT Bank please go back to the old interface until you can get the new one right...
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57am On Nov 29, 2013
bigbablo: Please login using the old portal, check your inbox for your new temporary password for the new portal.

teewhy?:

It is a different password for the new portal. Check your old portal inbox or your email address, they must have sent you a new password.

Thanks for the Info guys.. Im very grateful..

I was just about to go torch the bank.. angry
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by plala: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2013
I havent had any issues guys, works like a beeeze
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by tranxo(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2013
fewj:

Nothing for nothing, but i don't thing the gtbank portal should be compared to nairaland, nairaland is visually naked cheesy

Exactly
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by slightlyMad(f): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2013
I will suggest the GTBank management line up the developers from youngest to oldest
and flog them properly. what a waste of development time.

1. the site takes forever to load
2. when you login on mobile to check balance, it loads every other useless thing, except your account balance which is of great interest
3. my dollar account seems to have been spirited away from the new interface

Please how can we access the old one, this one wey just dey roll and roll
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by presegsADESIDA(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2013
Dual Core: I have spent just about 5 minutes on it. What are your reviews? I am not impressed (I cannot see any new functionality), the site's page load time just went up by about 10 times. Things which took about 2 seconds or less to load up in the former interface now take several seconds. In fact I refreshed nairaland about 9 times on a different browser tab while waiting for my transaction page on the internet banking site to load once.

On login I am taken to a dashboard that says nothing about the balances of my accounts, I then have to spend one more click and wait for the terrible load time before I see my account balance.

The interface is nice, catchy and more informative but sacrificing speed for looks is not the way forward, this should be fixed.

Edit:
For those saying its a network thing, have a look at the video in the link below placing GTBank's online portal side by side with Nairaland and other sites and watching them load.

From the video: It took 0.9 seconds to load the first page of this thread. While it took 35 seconds for GTBank's online banking page to open. Both started loading same time.

I'm not impressed at all.Not able to check transactions in my account as I've been waiting for minutes for a page to respond.
I even called GTCONNECT and he was telling me that everything is okay with it.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by toskut(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2013
Its not opening at all. This is absolute bullshit. Who send them message? As a nairaland said, everything now takes longer to open
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by talktrue1(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2013
Its very slow. its not from network because
I opened gt bank to check my balance and it was still loading while I opened 1st bank.
it was still loading and I finished checking my account on first bank before GT will come up for me to enter my password.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by ladyF(f): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2013
This new one is finer though,, is there a way we can vote to get the old portal back?
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by Trachea: 10:34am On Nov 29, 2013
What is the point of the new portal? it is agonisingly slooowww. Give me the old one anytime.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by abhosts(m): 10:45am On Nov 29, 2013
Those saying they have no issues with the new Platform are obviously not Gtbank users. It is so terribly slow and I have attached a screenshot of my current speedtest to show that it is not a problem with my connection.

Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by numen(m): 11:18am On Nov 29, 2013
Dual Core: I have spent just about 5 minutes on it. What are your reviews? I am not impressed (I cannot see any new functionality), the site's page load time just went up by about 10 times. Things which took about 2 seconds or less to load up in the former interface now take several seconds. In fact I refreshed nairaland about 9 times on a different browser tab while waiting for my transaction page on the internet banking site to load once.

On login I am taken to a dashboard that says nothing about the balances of my accounts, I then have to spend one more click and wait for the terrible load time before I see my account balance.

The interface is nice, catchy and more informative but sacrificing speed for looks is not the way forward, this should be fixed.

Edit:
For those saying its a network thing, have a look at the video in the link below placing GTBank's online portal side by side with Nairaland and other sites and watching them load.

From the video: It took 0.9 seconds to load the first page of this thread. While it took 35 seconds for GTBank's online banking page to open. Both started loading same time.

nairaland uses http:// while GTBank uses https:// which is slower than the former but more secured.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by dbamiroyahoocom(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2013
Horrible horrible experience!! dont know how they can deploy an UNTESTED site to the whole of Nigeria and think they will be fixing bugs as they go!!!

This is a strong semblance that GTB doesnt have the required skilled staff they used to have else this wont be happening!

Very sad! Been trying a simple transfer all morning without success!!
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by rovert: 11:32am On Nov 29, 2013
The site too at least 3 times longer to load. Have been trying to sign on to the Internet portal to check my balances for the last 8 minutes; no show! Closing the browser (Chrome) to start again.

Have finally been able to check my account. This time the online portal opened in about 1.5 minutes. Still too slow; don't care for all the graphics which just eats your data plan!
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by jeffizy(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2013
You are so on point @OP.
Had to enter the bank and today being Friday makes it stressful.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by dsaynt: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Wow! Its like Nairalanders have made the GTB bank people take note. They have pulled down the new ebsite and restored the old one. I had tried several times this morning to log into the new one ...not only is it slow when I put in my password it would just hang there.
Now that the old one is back I was able to log in.
I gues they are fixing it or have gone to redo it (I hope they redo it and make it fater with better/new features
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by cooldudeng(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Omo the site was a disappointment and thank God they have reverted to the old one that actually works. Can't remember the last time i walked into any GTBank Branch but i was forced to go into one today because of their failed site.

I do understand that at this age, site should be optimized for mobile, but it makes more sense if there are clear advantages. At least for me and my friends, bulk of the thing we do on GTBank site is transfers and the old site works best...load time is third to Google and Nairaland (lol). So why fix it if it's not broken.

Am an early adopter but load time for me should be the priority especially while on the move. If i want all those fancy analytics i can wait till am behind a system at home.
Re: The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal by theoctopus: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
cooldudeng: Omo the site was a disappointment and thank God they have reverted to the old one that actually works. Can't remember the last time i walked into any GTBank Branch but i was forced to go into one today because of their failed site.

I do understand that at this age, site should be optimized for mobile, but it makes more sense if there are clear advantages. At least for me and my friends, bulk of the thing we do on GTBank site is transfers and the old site works best...load time is third to Google and Nairaland (lol). So why fix it if it's not broken.

Am an early adopter but load time for me should be the priority especially while on the move. If i want all those fancy analytics i can wait till am behind a system at home.

I dont even understand what they mean by optimized for mobile. A site is supposed to have both a desktop version and a mobile version. It is called being responsive. When users browse from a desktop, they get a desktop look. If they browse from a mobile, they get a mobile look. It is that simple.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? / Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... / Musk: Twitter Taking Legal Action To enforce Agreed Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.