Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. (894 Views)

This Is The HOUSE TB Joshua Was Born In... / 5 Things Christians Do Now And Don't Consider It Sin Anymore. / Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by Cutepessy(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2013
Good day NL.. I was faced with confusion and felt embarassed when a friend of mine asked me a question which i was unable to answer.. The question goes like this.. Prove it that before Abraham, Jesus was born For in the bible according to the gospel of st. John 8:56-58 made it clear that before Abraham, Jesus Was... But in a mere looking, Abraham was born before jesus ... Plz , help me to point out the proves that Before Abraham jesus waz..

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by 1stola: 9:10am On Nov 29, 2013
no Jesus was born. only the word of God.
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by SalC: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Your friend played a fast one on you and you didn't understand.
That verse said' before Abraham, i was' not 'before Abraham i was born'

The addition of 'born' to that verse by your friend, gave it a different meaning and made it difficult to explain.
Back to the real meaning.
That verse simply means that before Abraham Jesus existed. Note he did say born which can be termed earthly existence, so he was referring to his existence from the very beginning.

Let examine the scriptures

Jn1v1&14
In the beginning was the word, the word was with God and the word was God.
14 And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory,the glory as of the only begotten of the father, full of grace and truth.
Here, we discover that the 'word' was in the beginning and was only made flesh when he was to dwell among men. That is to say, when he was made flesh was not his begining

to be continued

1 Like

Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by spencerwilliams(m): 10:48am On Nov 29, 2013
D answa is dat Jesus Christ existed b4 Genesis chapta 1,but in terms of being born into d world Abraham was born b4 Jesus.Jesus was in d beginin but he was made manifest in d eyes of humanity in d new testament,rememba d bible says in john1:1 in d begining was d word(Jesus)nd d word was wit God and d word was God.God bless
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by ayoku777(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2013
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.

It means the Word of God (Jesus) was before all things since all things were made by Him. So Jesus is not just before Abraham, He was before Adam. So before Adam, Abel, Abraham etc I (Jesus) am.
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by harbiola1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
spencerwilliams: john1:1 in d begining was d word(Jesus)nd d word was wit God and d word was God.God bless

Me self fit explain am in a better way.

john1:1 in d begining was d word(Harbiola) nd d word was wit God and d word was creation. God bless

Nt funny! undecided
spencerwilliams: john1:1 in d begining was d word(Jesus)nd d word was wit God and d word was God.God bless

john1:1 in d begining was d word(Harbiola) nd d word was wit God and d word was creation. God bless

Nt funny!
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by harbiola1(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2013

Nt funny! undecided
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by jnrbayano(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
@Op, John 1:1-2 (New King James Version) (1)"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. (2) He was in the beginning with God.

See this verse too, John 1:14 (New King James Version) "And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

The above bring into perspective the Deity of Jesus Christ. Christ is the WORD OF GOD which was with the Father in the beginning and was incarnated in the womb of Blessed Virgin Mary through the power of the holy spirit.

John 8:56-58 (New King James Version)
(56) Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

(57) Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

(58) Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Here Jesus affirms his diety status in the presence of the Jews but they never understood him because they were spiritually blind. In verse (58) Jesus used the name God revealed to Moses during the burning bush (I AM) to describe himself. People misinterprete this too often changing the terms to (Jesus was). The writer of John's gospel would have used (was) ie (before Abraham was, I was) to denote being older in existence because (was) is a verb in past tense but he clearly uses (I Am) to confirm Christ as God and as such no one (Abraham and co) predates him.

God bless you.
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by sholay2011(m): 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
^^^^^ Hmmm.

In my humble opinion, Jesus existed before Abraham. I even believe it was Jesus (in form of Melchizedek) that Abraham paid his tithe to in the Old Testament.
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by harbiola1(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
sholay2011: ^^^^^ Hmmm.

In my humble opinion, Jesus existed before Abraham. I even believe it was Jesus (in form of Melchizedek) that Abraham paid his tithe to in the Old Testament.

Joker or mocker
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by harbiola1(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
jnrbayano:

* only begotten

*WORD OF GOD

*Jesus used the name God revealed to Moses during the burning bush (I AM) to describe himself.

*to confirm Christ as God and as such no one (Abraham and co) predates him.

God bless you.

@all? Four unhamonisable brutal lies.

@Op? Do u really want the truth?

I'm coming...
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by sholay2011(m): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
harbiola1:

Joker or mocker
Have you taken your drug today? undecided
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by Cutepessy(m): 9:17am On Dec 03, 2013
Sal C: You friend played a fast one on you and you didn't understand.

The addition of 'born' to that verse by your friend, gave it a different meaning and made it difficult to explain.
That verse simply means that before Abraham Jesus existed. Note he did say born which can be termed earthly existence, so he was refering to his existence from the very begining.

Jn1v1&14
In the begining was the word, the word was with God and the word was God.
14 And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory,the glory as of the only begotten of the father, full of grace and truth.
Here, we discover that the 'word' was in the begining and was only made flesh when he was to dwell among men. That is to say, when he was made flesh was not his begining

to be continued
tnkx for yhur contribution bro!!
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by Cutepessy(m): 9:17am On Dec 03, 2013
Sal C: You friend played a fast one on you and you didn't understand.

That verse simply means that before Abraham Jesus existed. Note he did say born which can be termed earthly existence, so he was refering to his existence from the very begining.

Jn1v1&14
In the begining was the word, the word was with God and the word was God.
Here, we discover that the 'word' was in the begining and was only made flesh when he was to dwell among men. That is to say, when he was made flesh was not his begining

to be continued
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by SalC: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
Cute pessy: tnkx for yhur contribution bro!!
God bless you dear.
Sorry for the delay. Let me continue.
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by SalC: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
Col1v16-17 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him and for him.

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Here we are meant to understand that all things both in heaven and on earth both visible and invisible were created by him.

If all things were created by him and Abraham is a created being, then we can say he created even Abraham. If therefore he created Abraham, we can logically conclude he existed before Abraham because a creature cannot exist before it‘s creator.

Thanks.
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by kingk(m): 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
Yes yes yes...before Abraham, Jesus was cos the Bible proved it.
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by kingk(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Please if you are with your bible, carefully read the following bible passages for the confirmation............
Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by kingk(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Firstly........, who is MELCHIZEDEK In Hebrew 7:1-3, Melchizedek was called the priest of the most high God, king of Righteousness, king of peace in verse 3, he was make unto like the Son of God. (John 3:16)
Again in book of Genesis 14:18, same Son of God gave BREAD and WINE to Abraham, then in 1corinthian 11:24-25, Same Son of God gave BREAD and WINE to Abraham Children (DECIPLES).

Again in Hebrews 7:2, Mechizedek was called prince of peace, in Isaiah 9:6 the prophecy of Jesus the Prince of peace was established.

Again in Hebrews 7:2 Melchizedek was called king of righteousness, in Jeremaiah 33:15, JESUS was the branch of righteousness from the root of David.

Jn1v1&14
In the beginning was the word, the word was with God and the word was God.

Isaiah 9:6 and Mathew 1:21-23............also confirm the bold letters.

So before Abraham Jesus was.......not only that, Jesus himself knew that he was that's why he made that Statement.

If there's any more question, we can share them all here with bible reference.

1 Like

Re: Confused And Don't Know What To Do...prove That Before Abraham Jesus Was Born. by MrPresident1: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
Genesis 1:3
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

John 1:4
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Jesus is the light that was created in Genesis 1:3, wayyyyyy before any references to Abraham.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Funny Church Banner / Branch Of Mfm Where Pastor Is Not Afraid Of Witches / Few Reasons Why Some Christians Don't Celebrate Christmas!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.