Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! (1256 Views)

Fear Of Nairaland Cotonou Car Dealers / Cotonou Car Purchase Issues. / Cotonou Car Market Vs Berger Lagos Car Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! by kingviny: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
BEWARE OF A SO - CALLED COTONOU CAR AGENT , HENRY EKALO !!!

Fellow nairalanders, please be very careful of people who claim they can help you to buy cars in Cotonou without incontrovertible evidences of their genuineness.

Assets like the car(s) they personally own, attestation by at least 5 people that they have successfully bought cars for, familiarity with family members of the car agent etc will go a long way in helping to save you from ‘gallons’ of stress and colossal loss of hard earned cash in future.

My younger brother who just got married fell a victim unfortunately to this Henry Ekalo of a guy!

My brother needed the car urgently to alleviate the commuting stress of his new bride. He paid into the account of this guy based on the fact that this Henry guy did a similar purchase for a colleague of his some time ago.

Unfortunately, my brother did not know that this character of a guy has changed to a monster who had another plan in mind this time around.
Despite the fact that my brother instructed him to buy his car for him legitimately and to pay all necessary duties to customs at the border (of which he gave him money for that) this Henry of a guy later came with a phony story.

He claimed that the car he bought was seized by customs. He said he could not wait for the long protocols of clearing as instructed because the Customs clearing unit were so busy and time wasting that day! Can u all imagine!

He said he then decided to use his ‘wisdom’ to drive the car down via bush paths before being accosted by Customs.
He has no paper or receipt to show that he even bought the car! He claimed it was also taken along side the car by the customs! How can a human being degenerate to this level because of money?

The irony of the matter now is that the guy is working free now because after being arrested by the Police and detained for 2 weeks, he was left alone again! The Police claimed they could only detain him for that 2 weeks maximum according to their law. They said the matter should be charged to court but we all know how our courts are like?

The lawyer my brother hired to handle the guy has collected thousands without result. The poor guy is just so fed up!

Nairalanders, Henry Ekalo is out there now looking for whom to devour again! It is a painful story because my brother had to starve to be able to put up close to 1M for the car.

Please I need advise concerning this issue fellow nairalanders. How best can he handle this Henry’s mess-up and to recover his money back.

This is an eye opener; it is also a warning to all of us. Let us all be cautious of animals in human skin.

Please constructive comments will be appreciated.
Re: Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! by sultaan(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
kingviny: BEWARE OF A SO - CALLED COTONOU CAR AGENT , HENRY EKALO !!!

Fellow nairalanders, please be very careful of people who claim they can help you to buy cars in Cotonou without incontrovertible evidences of their genuineness.

Assets like the car(s) they personally own, attestation by at least 5 people that they have successfully bought cars for, familiarity with family members of the car agent etc will go a long way in helping to save you from ‘gallons’ of stress and colossal loss of hard earned cash in future.

My younger brother who just got married fell a victim unfortunately to this Henry Ekalo of a guy!

My brother needed the car urgently to alleviate the commuting stress of his new bride. He paid into the account of this guy based on the fact that this Henry guy did a similar purchase for a colleague of his some time ago.

Unfortunately, my brother did not know that this character of a guy has changed to a monster who had another plan in mind this time around.
Despite the fact that my brother instructed him to buy his car for him legitimately and to pay all necessary duties to customs at the border (of which he gave him money for that) this Henry of a guy later came with a phony story.

He claimed that the car he bought was seized by customs. He said he could not wait for the long protocols of clearing as instructed because the Customs clearing unit were so busy and time wasting that day! Can u all imagine!

He said he then decided to use his ‘wisdom’ to drive the car down via bush paths before being accosted by Customs.
He has no paper or receipt to show that he even bought the car! He claimed it was also taken along side the car by the customs! How can a human being degenerate to this level because of money?

The irony of the matter now is that the guy is working free now because after being arrested by the Police and detained for 2 weeks, he was left alone again! The Police claimed they could only detain him for that 2 weeks maximum according to their law. They said the matter should be charged to court but we all know how our courts are like?

The lawyer my brother hired to handle the guy has collected thousands without result. The poor guy is just so fed up!

Nairalanders, Henry Ekalo is out there now looking for whom to devour again! It is a painful story because my brother had to starve to be able to put up close to 1M for the car.

Please I need advise concerning this issue fellow nairalanders. How best can he handle this Henry’s mess-up and to recover his money back.

This is an eye opener; it is also a warning to all of us. Let us all be cautious of animals in human skin.

Please constructive comments will be appreciated.

Its a good thing you came forward with this information, but if you had been on this forum earlier you would have seen other stories like this and threads advising potential buyers not to do it.

You can suck it up, or try to get ownership document from him then try yo get it back from custom , nothing is guaranteed in lawless Nigeria goodluck
Re: Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
@johnny2013, pls in as much as you are a christian I and many others are also christian but let's do things orderly and let's follow laid down rules and regulation. This isn't religion section this is cartalk section please and please don't derail this thread with religious campaigns if you want to campaign, or invite OP, please you can send him an email or contact him directly.
Thanks for cooperating
Re: Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! by abatically(m): 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
lomomike: @johnny2013, pls in as much as you are a christian I and many others are also christian but let's do things orderly and let's follow laid down rules and regulation. This isn't religion section this is cartalk section please and please don't derail this thread with religious campaigns if you want to campaign, or invite OP, please you can send him an email or contact him directly.
Thanks for cooperating

lomomike lomomike... take it easy boy. In as much as I can't teach u how to do ur job as a moderator, but I think johnny2013 gave his opinion on how OP can recover his money, I don't see how that is derailing the topic. He sympathized with Op and then advised him to come to Shiloh to ask GOD for help, and u hid the post? I didn't even know Shiloh was starting on December 10th but after reading the post I knew and I have already informed like 7 people, so I also benefited from that. Everybody needs God's mercy especially this end of the year and there is no doubt this our country needs GOD. So cartalk or no cartalk, we need God in every aspect of life. Do u just hide posts randomly? Because I have seen lots of posts on cartalk that doesn't have anything to do with cars. I have seen posts like END TIME TINZ, LEAVES THREAD,

Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by Mis Nairaland(f): 10:01am
If u ask me! Na who i go ask?

Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by kattyagbagidi(f): 10:05am
OK o

Re: Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 by bayol2001: 1:58pm
puff puff yato si donut....

All the aboved comments don't have anything to do with cartalk but the posts are not hidden, someone posts something about God and u hide it? Well I know u are going to hide this post too anyway.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! by kingviny: 8:56am On Dec 01, 2013
Please, anyone with a link to a very senior police officer who can help out?
Re: Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! by johnny2013(m): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
@ lomomike. I didn't mean to derail this thread but to advice op on how he can recover his brother's car. Does it not sound pathetic to you? Or don't you believe God can solve this problem?
I was surprised to see that my post was hidden but I urge you to ask op if my post wasn't helpful to him. However I accept your advice.

@ abatically. You really got my point and I appreciate that.

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerians Encourage Sub-standard Car Spare-parts / How Might You Use This In Nigeria? / Photos: Volkswagen Next - Gen CC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.