Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,095 members, 7,849,423 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

Is Zenith Bank Reaping Me Off?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Zenith Bank Reaping Me Off?? (590 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Is Zenith Bank Reaping Me Off?? / Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Zenith Bank Reaping Me Off?? by VictorR1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
I remember reading one newspaper post here on nairaland, i think sometime in 2011 or 2012, that the CBN had given directive that Nigerian banks should not charge more than N250 for customers who make ATM withrawals abroad with their debit cards. Now I am in the UK, armed with my ZenithBank mastercard debit card, I have made three withrawals and upon checking my account online some days later only to realize that zenith bank has actually charged me N1500 per withdrawal, totaling N4500. This is outrageous.

I am currently trying to find articles online to know whether this CBN directive is true and if Zenith bank is indeed flouting this directive, and if so I need to make an official complaint with the authorities and seek redress for this reap-off. I have found UBA's publication on their website stating that they charge N240 for ATM withdrawals abroad which is in line with this supposed CBN directive, this is the page:

http://www.ubagroup.com/countries/ng/cards/debitcard/debitmastercard

I am just so angry now, I just need to find some official documentation of this CBN directive before taking action. Please I also urge you guys to post links to any official documentation or articles or newspaper reports regarding this "not more than N250" directive. Zenith bank(or any bank for that matter) should not be allowed to get away with this fraud.
Re: Is Zenith Bank Reaping Me Off?? by bigtt76(f): 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Same here too. I just noticed they are charging me N600 for every withdrawal of abt N13500 here in India Make God hammer dem all. I just sent them an email now through cardservices@zenithbank.com decrying all their mis-normer. May be you should do the same.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Out On How To Register My Company Name In Nigeria. / EBAY UK Dropshipping Opportunity / Able And Inspirational Youths To Work As A Team.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.