Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) (21721 Views)

Ten Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender 2016 / 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender / Unilag Releases Revised Academic Calendar For The 2013/2014 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by boniflex(m): 6:42am On Nov 30, 2013
Bunker: Others what are u waiting for, b4 u guys re-open...or have u guys lost the key? Am talking to IMSU
first time am seeing my fellow Imostar on Nairaland. I rep IMSU
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by IYANGBALI: 6:44am On Nov 30, 2013
Cmfrt001: you can go back if you want to ooo the school gates are not shut but one thing is for sure that lecturers ain't gonna lecture. Why? Because, their demands have not been met. You can imagine you going to Dubai for shopping then after 2weeks, you return with nothing to show for it, perhaps even worst than you left the country. That is exactly what you guys want ASSU to end up doing. I mean, it will do us more harm than good if they call-off now and maybe in January or February next year they embark on another strike for the same course. It won't make any sense. So it is better to fight ones and for all. Moreover, I am tired of sitting on the floor during lectures. FG we need facilities or else, there will be no education in Nigeria and that will only means that the state is a failure.
you sure made sense
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Cabsso(m): 6:45am On Nov 30, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Good news
ASUU members r no longer united 2bad.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by IYANGBALI: 6:50am On Nov 30, 2013
sakaguchi: This is a fabulous move. Chup or whatever China-man name that ASUU branch chairman has, resume work or be sacked, that's how simple it is. Nobody is quarreling, Uniabuja ASUU was factionalized way before this national strike, mark my words, 1/3 of the lecturers in the pro-vc faction will resume, some percentage from the FAGgay ASUU faction who are lilly livered will resume too. Leaving the extremist Abokis and communist oriented striking lecturers in a minor subset, this subset will be made a scapegoat so that all renegade lecturers now under the aegis of nPDP nASUU will learn what they teach but don't know.
ThankGod GEJ has quit dangling the carrots to them, they are animals, herbivorous ones at that, what they need is the stick approach, FAGgay and other like-minded extremist incline lecturers need the stick approach, that's the only language their lot will understands.
keep dreaming,you would be shocked down to your system when you go back to school
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by lastmessenger: 6:52am On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU is gradually loosing face.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Toecynne(m): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2013
Uniabuja dah dair 200level students are still in d middle of 2nd semester
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by IYANGBALI: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2013
sakaguchi:
Go to the gallows, hang your head in shame and die. Thank you, the world could do with one less fool moving about.
don't get worked up for being told the truth,unibuja is a glorified secondary school. What do you people have and where are your half baked products?
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by shehuAO: 6:59am On Nov 30, 2013
Abeg joor,no school dey re-open.na so so propaganda,is Government agents are making all these fake fake news around.all the four universities that announced their withdraw from ASUU,have they commenced lectures in their respectful campuses?tomorrow,we will hear another one,will resume this is what we called resumption by air.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by adino(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2013
sakaguchi: This is a fabulous move. Chup or whatever China-man name that ASUU branch chairman has, resume work or be sacked, that's how simple it is. Nobody is quarreling, Uniabuja ASUU was factionalized way before this national strike, mark my words, 1/3 of the lecturers in the pro-vc faction will resume, some percentage from the FAGgay ASUU faction who are lilly livered will resume too. Leaving the extremist Abokis and communist oriented striking lecturers in a minor subset, this subset will be made a scapegoat so that all renegade lecturers now under the aegis of nPDP nASUU will learn what they teach but don't know.
ThankGod GEJ has quit dangling the carrots to them, they are animals, herbivorous ones at that, what they need is the stick approach, FAGgay and other like-minded extremist incline lecturers need the stick approach, that's the only language their lot will understands.

FAGgay and his nASUU lecturers will see hell, by the way which school is that FAGgay guy lecturing self, I pity that school.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 30, 2013
Atigba: I can't wait to see federal universities recruiting...am fully ready to take over from those vampire striking lecturers!
With your waec certifcate abi?
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by shehuAO: 7:05am On Nov 30, 2013
Resumption by Air.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by adino(m): 7:08am On Nov 30, 2013
Introducing the latest development in Nigeria:
Laughing Date: Wednesday Dec:4 th 2013.
Name: New ASUU (nASUU)
JEG till 2019
To Haters: You all are haters, then go and Die.

On a more serious note. What is the business of State universities with ASUU strikes, this is how those useless lecturers at A.A.U dealt with us those days for nothing while Unilorin that made them to strike was flexing on with their Academic Calendar.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by ezeama1010(m): 7:18am On Nov 30, 2013
tobechi20: One by one.....universities are spliting from AASU ,

at the end only Aasu president dr Faggae will be on strike
hahahahhaha lwkmd...UNN breaks out too.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by abdulkayus(m): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2013
adino:

FAGgay and his nASUU lecturers will see hell, by the way which school is that FAGgay guy lecturing self, I pity that school.

he lectured at Bayero University Kano, my alumni. And u ppl shld stop blamin him, he is just d chaiman Of ASUU. And pls its Fagge nt d other way round. Respect ur elders. ASUU are being sincere bt d FG cannot be trust and d way GEJ is behavin, d lack of trust has deepen. I knw many students are angry wit ASUU cos u ppl has been at home for a while. Y cant u ppl put pressure on FG den? Wat ASUU is fighting for is for our own good.
Ma salam
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Atigba: 7:25am On Nov 30, 2013
leksiding:
With your waec certifcate abi?
No..with my Msc
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Onwe101(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2013
Hahah ebsu out,esut out,unn out,AAUA out....still counting wich uni wil b d next...ASUU loosin †ђξ battle....ROUND 2 FIGHT!!!
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by olaidede: 7:49am On Nov 30, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Unibuja?is that a school or creche?Some primary schools are far far better than Unibuja,I pity those that attend that glorified secondary school
yepa!!!
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by joshuaidibia(m): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2013
Nice move. All ungreedy schs should folo ds example. at the end,ASUU and all striking sch will lose. Bkos they will eventualy not gain wat they tot they were fighting for. "no mata how okro long reach,e must bend to im owner oneday." ASUU will surly bend to GEJ.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2013
I wonder the kind of dumb students we have this days.Since the inception of the strike, you will still find many of your lecturers in their offices. Does that mean they are nor on strike? ASUU didn't shut down the universities....the sch management did. What's the point opening the unis when lecturers won't lecture? I'm sure all was parents will tell their wards sit bat hone till further notice. Take a look at the nonsense calender. I pity students of this days
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by angelamina(f): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2013
kolaawole: Waiting 4 ABU to do d same
abi o my broda
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 30, 2013
my HOD is one of those extremist!
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by winteriscoming: 8:08am On Nov 30, 2013
Cmfrt001: you can go back if you want to ooo the school gates are not shut but one thing is for sure that lecturers ain't gonna lecture. Why? Because, their demands have not been met. You can imagine you going to Dubai for shopping then after 2weeks, you return with nothing to show for it, perhaps even worst than you left the country. That is exactly what you guys want ASSU to end up doing. I mean, it will do us more harm than good if they call-off now and maybe in January or February next year they embark on another strike for the same course. It won't make any sense. So it is better to fight ones and for all. Moreover, I am tired of sitting on the floor during lectures. FG we need facilities or else, there will be no education in Nigeria and that will only means that the state is a failure.

You definitely made sense. About that sitting on the floor thing, me too I'm tired. I attend the supposed top university in Nigeria and last semester there were about a 1000 students from different faculties and departments taking a particular 4 unit course. We were expected to take lectures in a 500 capacity Hall. Ironically when we wrote the exam we used 8 halls. Where the f**k were those halls when we were taking lectures and people had to sit on the floor or stand in the back because they didn't arrive 30 minutes beforehand.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 30, 2013
IYA NGBALI: don't get worked up for being told the truth,unibuja is a glorified secondary school. What do you people have and where are your half baked products?
you re the one getting yourself worked up, cos the students know its glorified nursery school, so wtf.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2013
that awkward moment when uniuyo resumes and we use 3-4 weeks for second semester,ewwww..,our own strike bin already dey even b4 ASUU strike.E no go eazy o.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by brosun(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2013
Onwe101: Hahah ebsu out,esut out,unn out,AAUA out....still counting wich uni wil b d next...ASUU loosin †ђξ battle....ROUND 2 FIGHT!!!
You display such ignorance! That university managements are announcing resumption datess does not mean ASUU's rank is being broken! Note that it is not ASUU branches that are calling students back; some university managements are re-opening the universities in line with the directives of the FG. They are only complying. Whether the lecturers will teach remains to be seen, but I doubt if this whole scheme will work. This is not the first time FG is re-opening the universities by force or threatening to sack lecturers. Remember: university academics are skilled labourers. You cannot sack them just like that and expect that there will be others who will immediately fill their shoes. It is IMPOSSIBLE! So for students who are feeling upbeat about the unfolding scenario, the drama has only just begun. It is going to be a long haul: read my lips. Filling academic vacancies is not like picking cotton. You need all course lecturerers to do their work for a student to graduate. Even if half the population of a department resumes work on December 4th (which I very much doubt) you will need the others. To recruit qualified staff to fill vacancies takes weeks and months. You are not recruiting motor park touts. FG should know that you do not need desperate actions to solve the problem such as we have. Time and money spent on wasteful procedures such as this and in militarising our campuses would have been spent patiently in considering the views contained in ASUU's latest memo to the FG, which to me was clearly the last stage in the resolution of the five-month old strike. Aterall the FG gave them a message to their members which the ASUU NEC summarised as feedback to the FG and the FG has not said it did not originally ask for that feedback during negotiations with the President. Methinks FG is being misinformed by a few misguided elements in the corridors of power, and it is sad that our educational system (and by implication our youths) will be the mice meat. I advise students to watch the unfolding scenario critically before risking their lives and rushing to the campuses to go and waste their time. The drama has only just begun, and from the feelers I get, this is not all going to be rosy!

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by vislabraye(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2013
Where is ASUU getting it wrong ? I hope they don't lose both ways since they didn't accept the govt demand.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by gst101: 8:39am On Nov 30, 2013
gcfr.com:
you re the one getting yourself worked up, cos the students know its glorified nursery school, so wtf.

tell me what, as a chemist, you are capable of after going through learning experience from your 100l to now that you are in your 400l?
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by brosun(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2013
vislabraye: Where is ASUU getting it wrong ? I hope they don't lose both ways since they didn't accept the govt demand.
What other demand? Try and be abreast! After the 13-hour marathon meeting with the President, every grey area was adressed and agreed upon by both parties. ASUU shifted ground and FG did too. Hopes were high that the strike would be suspended in no distant time. ASUU held congresses where majority of the members voted for the strike to be suspended. BUT with conditions: that FG must show commitment that it was ready to implement the agreement reached; that agreements are good in priciple, but their non-implementation had always led to ASUU going on regular strike. That FG must show this commitment by lodging the money it said it had approved in the Central Bank; that it include an important issue agreed upon with the President at the marathon meeting: that the 2009 agreement would be negotiated in 2014 (the permanent secretary who took the briefs at the meeting had cleverly omitted it when communicating decisions reached to ASUU). ASUU also requested that the attorney general of the federation be a signatory to the agreemnt to lend more weight to the document and that in the spirit of reconciliation and no-victor-no-vanquished all the seized four months salaries of the striking workers be paid to them.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Kaydem(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2013
liaslo++:
Lautech what are u waiting for?
...bros did you just mentioned LAUTECH...if you are a stalite you will understand that outside the ongoing strike our lecturers are the most loyal servant to laziness...even if ASUU should call it off today, expect them to use up to two weeks to wake from there slumbers...LAUTECH i hail thee...!!!
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by ZeusAyo: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Finally Ą school with ballz
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by rammytt(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2013
Godwin10: Uniben Waiting o..

u go wait tire..u no knw sey uniben na ASUU headquarter?.den dey carry matter for head like mohawk
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by pretty050(f): 9:40am On Nov 30, 2013
Lumic: roommate need ,opposite obanna ,interested fellow reply "GUY"oooo
with less than 3 months for ds session?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Quantitative Reasoning For Basic 5 (pg 34) Solution / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / Unilorin Post Ume Latest News- The Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.