Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,668 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 (682 Views)

The Only Nigerian Who Would Not Be Forgotten By Nigerians / Are You Ready For 2013? Take This Quick Test To Find Out! / What Are Your Plans And Resolutions For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 by nedu2000(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
There were many others,from ruben abati to Goodluck jonathan from chibuike amaechi to cossy orjiakor,from Babangida Aliyu to Tonto Dike,my list well definite go under criticism & would like to view yours,I think the timing is probably ideal in we go into the holiday periods,surely there won't be anymore to beat my top 5
So this is it,my most memorable quotes of 2013

5) "THE POLICE TRIED TO BE NAUGHTY BUT WE LECTURED THEM" ASUU members. Nov,2013
This was made by members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities(ASUU) after a colleague died & a few others were hospitalised,the governor of Kogi state whose convoy was said to have at fault in the fatal accident came to visit the accident victims,the union members stopped him & in the ensuing struggle with the police,a 'lecture' did the trick
My take : I find the use of the word 'lectured' in the quote quite hilarious,is lecture another word for "hypnotised"?if not then how did a 'mere' lecture stop the police from advancing?lolsss
Nigerian students pls answer
Re: My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 by JECBOSS: 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
I'll be back
Re: My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 by Tapout(m): 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
12th march 2013..channels tv (lagos base)

Obafaiye Shem (NSCDC Commandant) :

what is the website of the nscdc??

YES, we believe no, I cannot categorically tell you one now, because the one that we are going to…

Do you have multiple websites?

Wait, wait, the one we are going to make use of, I am not the one that will create it…..

See, the question is what is your website?

Wait…the one that we are going to make use of, is going to remain known by ‘my oga at the top’. Yes! I can’t announce one now and my oga says it’s another one we suppose to use.

Are you saying you have multiple websites?

We cannot have multiple websites, but the one that my oga…
No no no, it’s not the one for employment.

What is your website? The one you use normally your official website. When you want to know about NSCDC, what website do you go to?

If you want to know about the NSCDC as at now, ok, www.nscdc. So, that’s all.

www.nscdc.  that’s it?

Thats mine undecided

Re: My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 by nedu2000(m): 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
4)"THERE WILL BE BLOODSHED" Sept, 2013
Statement credited to 'freedom fighter' Asari Dokubo on channelstv hit program 'politics today'.
My take: I found this statement rather disturbing,is Asari threatening nigerians to vote for a particular party?blackmail?I'm still worried & scared ahead of 2015
premiumtimesng.com/news/144368-there-will-be-bloodshed-if-jonathan-loses-in-2015-says-asari-dokubo.html

3) "IF HE WANTS TO TALK TO FIFA,HE SHOULD GO BACK TO BELGIUM,HE'S NOT AN AFRICAN HE'S A WHITE DUDE...." august,2013
Super eagles manager referring to former malawi coach Tom Saintfiet,when asked about the malawi's FA's attempt to move the super eagles 7/09/13 worldcup qualifier away from calabar
My take: keshi made a racist statement,really disappointed,keshi was eventually cleared by FIFA,but broaden my thinking in terms of racism in football, that blacks are "cry-babies" (my opinion) www.punchng.com/news/malawi-coach-to-report-stephen-keshi-to-fifa-for-racism/
Re: My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 by nedu2000(m): 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
2) "go and die" Nov, 2013
Edo state governor Adams Oshiomole blasts a woman claiming to a widow when found hawking on the streets of Benin city
My take: *closes eyes* she broke the law,but the governor was only out of line by his utterance
www.ynaija.com/edo-sanitation-why-gov-oshiomhole-told-the-widow-to-go-and-die/
Re: My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 by nedu2000(m): 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
With his own movie,song,video game,shirt there's И̣̣̣̥o doubt who's number 1
1)"WILL BE MADE KNOWN BY MY OGA AT THE TOP" march,2013
Obafaiye sunday shem,graduate of the university of Lagos in an interview on channelstv's program 'sunrise'.

My take : he's a legend!I know people used the last 10months to learn a new language but I used mine to cram the entire transcript!I listen to the interview everyday for comic relief,I feel he should retire & venture into comedy full-time,besides he's owed royalties by the movie,music & fashion people from their mechandise
www.channelstv.com/home/tag/obafaiye-shem/

So that's that my people,in summary
5). "The police tried to be naughty but we lectured them" ASUU
4)"there will be bloodshed if GEJ loses in 2015" Asari-Dokubo
3)"If he wants to talk to FIFA,he should go back to belgium,he's not an african person,he's a white dude...." Stephen keshi
2)"Go & die" adams oshiomole
1)"will be made known by my oga at the top" obafaiye shem

Let's have yours cheesy & of course the inevitable criticism
Re: My Top 5 Most Memorable Quotes Made By Nigerians For 2013 by JECBOSS: 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nice Collection!

(1) (Reply)

What Is That Problem You Have, Which Is Unique To You And Nobody Has Had Before? / Am Not Happy With You Seun Osewa / Second Wedding For 9-year-old Boy & His 61-year-old Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.