Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

The Innocent Christians; Three Grades Of Evidence. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Innocent Christians; Three Grades Of Evidence. (458 Views)

Is There Any Amount Of Evidence That Would Change Your Views? / God Is Love, The Innocent Wouldn't Suffer. / The Innocent Prophet (anti-islam Movie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Innocent Christians; Three Grades Of Evidence. by larrymoore(m): 7:01am On Nov 30, 2013
I am not a pervert, but simply trying to avoid been taken for a stooge, perhaps, dogma. I chose not to be an arm chair critic, so I got to be part of the change I expect to see particularly in Christianity. Christianity has the largest followers compare to other religions in the world, but the millions of its followers know little or absolutely nothing about it; they have been engrossed by fairy tales of the past and old traditions of the Jews.

In paraphrasing the Bible, it says: find the root of everything and old on to the truth. The Bible came to existence under series of controversial opinion, interpolation and fabrication and as well suffered language Interpretation barrier.

If one reads the Bible critically, one will decipher that there seems to be three grades of speakers or witnesses therein.

THREE GRADES OF EVIDENCE
I have no hesitation in acknowledging that in the Bible, there are three different kinds of witnessing recognizable without any need of specialized training. These are:

1. You will be able to recognize in the Bible what may be described as "The Word of God."

2. You will also be able to discern what can be described as the "Words of a Prophet of God."

3. And you will most readily observe that the bulk of the Bible is the records of eye witnessess or ear witnesses, or people writing from hearsay. As such they are the "Words of a Historian"

You do not have to hunt for examples of these different types of evidences in the Bible. The following quotations will make the position crystal clear:

The FIRST Type:
(a) I will raise them up a prophet . . . and I will put my words in ... and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)

(b) I even, I am the Lord, and beside me there is no saviour." (Isaiah 43:11)

(c) "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the end of the earth: for I am God, and there is non else." (Isaiah 45:22)

Note the first person pronoun singular in the above references, and without any difficulty you will agree that the statements seem to have the sound of being GOD'S WORD.

The SECOND Type:
(a) "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani? . . ." (Matthew 27:46)

(b) "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:29)

(c) "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God." (Mark 10:18).

Even a child will be able to affirm that: Jesus "cried" Jesus "answered" and Jesus "said" are the words of the one to whom they are attributed, i.e. the WORDS OF A PROPHET OF GOD.

The THIRD Type:
"And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he, (JESUS) came, if haply he (JESUS) might find anything thereon: and when he (JESUS) came to it, (Jesus) found nothing but leaves . . ." (Mark 11:13)

Therefore, the bulk of the Bible is a witnessing of this THIRD kind. These are the words of a third person, full of assumptions. Note the pronouns. They are not the Words of God or of His prophet, but the WORDS OF A HISTORIAN.

The "Holy Bible" contains a motley type of literature, which composes the embarrassing kind, the sordid, and the obscene — all under the same cover — A Christian is forced to concede equal spiritual import and authority to all, and is thus unfortunate in this regard.

According to many christian scholars, the bible contains lot of interpolation and fabrication some of which clearly show scientific errors and moral contradiction. Recently, I lain my hand on a book entitle '50,000 errors in the Bible'. These and many others are the reasons why there exist different doctrines and denominations in christiandom, lack of unity of faith.

(1) (Reply)

My Exceedingly Great Reward / Testimonies Of Christain All Over The World For 2013 / Kidney Problem Rolled Away!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.