Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,314 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed (406 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Why are Amputated Limbs not healed by prosperity preachers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Experimental Christianity: By His Wounds We Were Healed by Kei144(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2013
He. 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Faith is the centre of Christianity. No-one can make any spiritual progress without a clear understanding of faith. Faith is “being sure” of what we hope for and “certain” of what we do not see. But what you hear in most churches actually go against the meaning of faith. They tell you not to question anything the clergy tells you. If you cannot investigate what the clergy tells you, how then could you be sure of what you hope for and how could you be certain of what you do not see? The Bible actually encourages spiritual investigation, just like scientific investigation.

One of the things I hear in religious circles is that science is in opposition to the Bible. That is a lie of the devil. The reason why science seems to be in opposition to the Bible is the unscientific mindset of most Bible believers. Science depends a lot on investigation; religious people are opposed to any attempt to verify religious beliefs. Incidentally, science helped me to hold strongly to “born-again” Christianity for many years now. When I was still new in the born-again setting, I had some reservations about the story of Noah’s flood. From what I learned in O’ level Geography about the mechanism of rainfall, I could not understand how rain could fall and flood water would cover all lands on earth. But God has a purpose for my life and fulfillment of that purpose required that I must be sure about what the Bible is talking about; so, God obviously gave me an opportunity to understand Noah’s flood from scientific point of view. I came across a book that told the story of the deluge in a scientific way. That greatly increased my belief in the Bible.

Mt. 6:30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Mt. 8:8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
Mt. 8:9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, `Go,’ and he goes; and that one, `Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, `Do this,’ and he does it.”
Mt. 8:10 When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, “I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

Mt. 8:25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
Mt. 8:26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Mt. 9:2 Some men brought to him a paralytic, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

Jesus talked about little faith and great faith. What makes a person to have little faith and another to have great faith? Of course, it depends on experience. Why did the Roman centurion have great faith? He somehow reasoned that there must be some unseen spirit beings that were with Jesus and that Jesus had authority over them. Whenever Jesus gave a command, these forces carried out the command. He arrived at that because he himself was a commander of soldiers. He was able to reason spiritually and he borrowed from his experience as an army commander.

This thread is about how to increase your faith. The best way is to experiment with some key points in Christianity.

(1) (Reply)

You Are A King-priest Part 2 / Should Women Be Pastors And Elders? / Faith Without Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.