Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

The Fabulousities Of Makeup - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Fabulousities Of Makeup (22093 Views)

Photos: The Power Of Makeup / Fashionista's Haven Of Makeup Tips / The Art Of Makeup! (working With Colours) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by iceland(m): 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2008
kemisuga:

Not keen about making-up.
No wonder you are not married.You better ask for your own foundation now! grin grin grin
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by carmelily: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
@iceland. i just got a proposal o!halleluya somebody

vinik

Re: i love ladys with natural hair
« #1 on: Today at 05:20:30 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i really love ladys with natural hair, can i know u d more if u don mind your number and pic should be send to vinik81@yahoo.com , then u can have my number now 0866654108 meet soon. am from PH
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by iceland(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2008
carmelily:

@iceland. i just got a proposal o!halleluya somebody

vinik

Re: i love ladys with natural hair
« #1 on: Today at 05:20:30 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONGRATULATIONS!!! can you see the power of foundation?Abi na wetin the guy want?ok! hmm natural hair!
Happy married life.But wait o! How did the guy see your natural hair,Your pic is not in your profile.Am lost undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by ayotee2000(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
Obviously, this is for babes only?!
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by GucciBabe(f): 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2008
** If you have good skin and you don't want to wear too much foundation or concealers also if you are likely to get acne . you can always use a "Tinted moisturizer" Laura mercier is one of the best out there.

**if you want to make sure your dark spots go away . before trying any bleaching treatment  you must wear sunscreen, even if you are sensitive , you can get the water based one i love "Laroche Posay Anthelios sx (www.buylarocheposay.com) I used to be scared of sunscreen cause they can sometimes cause breakouts. This products is really good and works well if you also have acne prone skin.

**Most people think the stronger the bleaching cream is the faster it works! TOTALLY FALSE,  Always remember less is more. Give yourself time and don't try to speed up recovery, Using strong treatments can lighten the (Non spot area on your face, and can darken the spot area on your face) which can make the appearance of your face look worse and draw more attention to the problem part of the skin**

If you have dark spots I recommend Gycolic face creams (AHA), Wash and scrub.   DDF truly works,   sephora.com,  exfoliate your skin once or twice a week with AHA scrubs, It does make a difference.

Go for facials as often as possible to get proper extractions for excess oil that can clog your pores. If you can afford a dermatologist try doing ( Microdermabrasion) or a chemical peel to gently  remove the top layer of the skin (you may have to repeat treatments to show improvement)  If you are experienced, and feel you can do a (Home grade) chemical peel, you can order it from www.platnumskincare.com. I personally like The "Tca peel  for our type of skin,  start with the lowest percentage ( to see visible result you have to peel out your skin, so the fresh new skin can surface p.s  you may need 4 to 5 days to peel completely however if you do not have downtime and you cannot afford to peel for whatever reason,  you should do the microdermabrasion or buy The DDF AHA face scrub and use it religiously on your skin

Moisturize your face   (La mer moisturizer is sooooo goood,  I mean i love that stuff,  you can buy it online as well   www.lamer.com

Make up
 I don't really like MAry Kay cosmetics  I have tried some of their products but personally it doesn't work for me. I love mac and i am addicted to mac.
I also like (LA mer) face foundation.  It treats your skin while it gives you a natural glow,   really nice make up
concealers - Mac pot is okay but if i want something that has more than one color i like "MAke up for ever"

Eyesssss  !!   Dior show mascara  i mean just put 2 coats on people will be asking if thats false lashes,  I get lot of compliments,  I mean there is nothing wrong with false eyelashes but i sometimes feel like they can fall off Haaa! shocked shocked

NArs makes the nicest blush. I mean i like pink and peachy even during winter time, NArs has that glow with their creme blush

okay okay i know. this is not my topic,  sorry poster just wants to give my 2 cents  ,, nah i think this is like 20 cents! tongue tongue tongue tongue cool cool cool i over did it!

R
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by carmelily: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2008
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by cnnnigeria: 10:31am On Sep 03, 2008
Do you want to look good and chicky, then learn to give yourself a perfect make up.
You will love this
Click here to open the video

When the browser is up change (dot) to .
Always be best of yourself
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Angelheart: 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2008
I am desperate to remove my blemishes!!! I dont know how to. Ive tried so many creams in the world but nuttin is working. Im even thinking of laser treatment,
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by greatgut(f): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2008
hi my good ladies and advisers, am fair in complexion and have this spot from chicken pox right from when i was a kid. as an adult my face appear rough. please what can i use cos i've used different spot removers but all they do is tone my complexion.Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp plsssssssss!
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2008
@gucci babe

you are welcome
ur advice is great
i'm saving this page

thanks
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by teena(f): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2008
@Poster, great a job you are doing here, welldone.
Please I want to know if the Clearsil products you mentioned of will be ok for a black (not very dark) person. Tnx.
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by cnnnigeria: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ Tenna,
Clearsil works so fast, it cleans dark spot.
It can be used by any skin colour.

@greatgut,
You can also use Clearsil, it is very good.
You can also use any product with Benzol Peroxide.

For natural remedies, click here
Change (dot) to .
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Queenisha: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2008
There's this product here in the USA that's excellent.
It's called acne free.
They have the regular and the advanced formula
It comes with a wash,the day cream,night cream,toner
I don't have that much blemishes just ocassional whiteheads on my chin and I only use the regular wash,day and night without the creams
My face is as smooth as a baby's butt. grin
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2008
hi ipstitch, i've been using neomedrol for some time now but lately i have reservations about it.
1. i think it makes me more prone to malaria attack.
2. i also believe it is being excreted thru my teeth.
pls dispell my thoughts. also, do u tink mary kay acne lotion( a benzoyl based soln) is beta than neomedol
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Busybody2(f): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2008
kemisuga:

Not keen about making-up.

Can I kiss you for this statement. grin I was beginning to think I was not normal. cheesy
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by iyaade: 2:42am On Sep 04, 2008
@anybody who can answer me

I have generally good skin, no blemishes, no acne, pretty smooth, except for the few areas where I have eczema. I have been gettinng these itchy, dry patches of skin since I was 15, and they come and go with the allergy seasons (hayfever and ragweed) as well as in winter which is pretty harsh over here. They leave dry scaly dark patches on my neck, and chin and while creamy foundation soothes and conceals it, I would like advice on how to stop the itching and breaking and treat the damaged skin. Without the eczema, I wouldn't need to wear makeup (not that I do on a regular basis anyway) and I want to keep my skin healthy. I also have a bit of it on my upper back so makeup really isn't my answer.

Any takers?
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by GucciBabe(f): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2008
Angel heart

Sorry to hear about your problem. Do your research very well before going for laser treatment. Normally laser is not recommended for african american skin. Most dermatologist are skeptical on using laser on black skin so be careful before you damage your skin permanently, however if you are looking for a medical grade solution to your acne, I would have advice you to ask your dermatologist to give you "cortisone shots. The shot will be directly to every pimple on your face ( dont be scared, you can hardly feel it). cortisone shots helps with acne inflammation and dissolves scar tissue, it very effective for cyst to dissappear.

iyaade

what you need is a very good moisturizer and you have to stay away from using harsh soaps. There is a very good and mild facial wash called "cetaphill" or "dove" Its gentle and mild and works well with your skin condition. However if you can afford (La mer) i cant preach about it enough, you will be very happy. If not then you can use Palmers Cocoa butter !

hope this helps!
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Jokhe: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
Not keen on make-overs too, cos i'm kinda clumsy for the details, but I'm,
a 'LIPBALMANIAC'
good @ shaping my brows and use kajal
an ardent follower of sensible dieting and sleeping habits, and
a big fan of the 'cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize' routine cos of my oily skin
a sucker for mild skin bars and moisturizers

Above all, I love myself including d flaws n all 'at
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by teena(f): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2008
cnnnigeria:

@ Tenna,
Clearsil works so fast, it cleans dark spot.
It can be used by any skin colour.

@cnnnigeria Thanks very much My dear.
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Queenisha: 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
iyaade:

@anybody who can answer me

I have generally good skin, no blemishes, no acne, pretty smooth, except for the few areas where I have eczema. I have been gettinng these itchy, dry patches of skin since I was 15, and they come and go with the allergy seasons (hayfever and ragweed) as well as in winter which is pretty harsh over here. They leave dry scaly dark patches on my neck, and chin and while creamy foundation soothes and conceals it, I would like advice on how to stop the itching and breaking and treat the damaged skin. Without the eczema, I wouldn't need to wear makeup (not that I do on a regular basis anyway) and I want to keep my skin healthy. I also have a bit of it on my upper back so makeup really isn't my answer.

Any takers?

Eczema is a very common skin condition especially with the black skin.You can relieve the systems with corticosteroid creams which can be bought OTC here in the states.
Make sure to keep those areas moisturized.Crisco vegetable oil (believe it or not) can help.
It does get better as you grow though, seasonal flare ups are not uncommon.
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by carmelily: 10:22am On Sep 05, 2008
Queenisha:

Crisco vegetable oil (believe it or not) can help.

huh?
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by ndio(f): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2008
hi epstitch, been goin thru ur write ups n i really appreciate u. i ve a liitle problem n i hope u can give me some good tips. i am light in complexion n not tall. i ve stretch marks on my bum n dont know hw 2 get rid of them. nd[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Ibomade2: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2008
Women !!!! che !
wink wink wink
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2008
@epstitch

when you use honey for scars do you leave it on overnight or do you wash it off
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by iyaade: 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2008
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I am a very avid moisturiser. I wouldn't live without it. I've never tried LaMer, but I heared it's wonderful. As for the cortisone cream, I was on prescription and it indeed faded and healed up. When it came back, I reapplied it liberally and unbeknownst to me cortisone thins the skin, so part of my skin peeled off when I scratched it. I asked my dermatologist for a non-cortisonal cream and he prescribed Elidel, which was 8 times as expensive and half as effective. This is why I was wondering if anyone knew of any anti inflamatory/itch products that may or may not be herbal(natural). And yes I use a natural shey butter soap on my face.
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by OpeLovely(f): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2008
@ epstitch,

What can be done to stop a face from being rough? I cleanse and moisturise but when the elements of sun and dust beats my face, it becomes rashy/rough.
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by OpeLovely(f): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2008
@ iyaade,

Why not use any emollient creams which are good for dry/itchy skin. A good example is E-45 cream. Sheabutter is good especially when mixed with honey and the natural black soap.
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by stormy98(f): 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2008
MEHN, THANK GOD FOR MAKE-UP

JUST THINK ABOUT IT IF THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS MAKE-UP, SOME OF US WOULD BE WALKING AROUND LOOKING LIKE WE'RE CLOSE TO DEATH cheesy
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by epstitch(f): 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2008
What can be done to stop a face from being rough? I cleanse and moisturise but when the elements of sun and dust beats my face, it becomes rashy/rough.

Hi, have you tried following a skin care regime.
Steam the face twice a week.
Use a scrub( preferrably neutrogena)
Don't use soaps, use a facial wash.
Use a good moisturiser. I like Jergens. Its a good bet.
Whenever the rashes come up, use Mycoten cream.
Let me know if this was helpful.
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by olachy: 8:45am On Sep 15, 2008
he epstitch, thanks a whole lot, ths post is great, the thng is,im havn problems wv my face as well, i have quite a number of dark spots and a bit of pimples, but they are mainly on my forehead area, other than that,i actualy have pretty good skin, smooth and without blemish, i dont get it,

i dont drink that mch water, do u thnk its a posible cause and i hrd somethng about takn cod liver oil tablets, hrd the fish oil thng realy makes ur skin glow,

what do u thnk and pls, help, these spots are really upseting, i hvae to wear make up all the tym now,
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by olachy: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2008
uh, yeah, one more question, how do i steam my face??
i knw that myt sound like a ridiculous questn but pls, just indulge me,
Re: The Fabulousities Of Makeup by OpeLovely(f): 10:39am On Sep 15, 2008
@ epstitch,

I heard that regular steaming of the face/doing facials makes the face wrinkle/age on time. That is why a 29 yr old girl will look like a 35 yr old woman. Anyway, the facial wash is good as the rashes have reduced. I use neutrogena facial wash and recently bought the body oil (i also have dry skin) cuz jergens makes me sweat. Unfortunately, lotions of SPF 20 and above are scarce in the market. Mycoten is also good but it does not clear it completely as i have to use dusting powder in the evening, after using the cream in the morning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyin Aimakhu's Outfit To An Event - Hit Or Miss? / Do You Think Wearing This Much Makeup Is Deceitful? / Ladies, Would You Rock This Hairstyle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.