Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Marriage-undefilement. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage-undefilement. (1075 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage-undefilement. by slimyem: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
This topic is borne out of the weave of confusion I've gotten in over the bible verse -Hebrews 13: 4 -Marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

I have always interpreted this part of the bible as to mean preserving the honor and sanctity of marriage,infidelity being unacceptable, the christian valuing their relationship with spouse so highly and avoid defiling the marriage bed by keeping themselves from any kind of external sexual relationship while married and to mean that all violations of the marriage
covenant will be severely punished by God.

I had to take a bible class a few weeks ago where this topic was the discourse. I totally got confused. I was being made to understand that "the bed undefiled" means a christian couple could defile their own bed by engaging in some certain unconventional sexual practices. That it was a violation of God's word and defilement for christians to bring in "these certain sexual practices" to their bed.

Well,though it wasn't explicitly described,I understood them to be particularly talking about the orals and some other kinkies..cheesy
A friend at this meeting also mentioned to buttress their points that during her marriage counselling,their were things they had forbade them to engage in sexually as christians.

Even though I disagree,I would really like some other point of view or another interpretation of this bible verse.
Re: Marriage-undefilement. by Goshen360(m): 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
That verse is often read 'into' or read in a superlative 3D mode. You can understand scriptural difficulties when you follow context and study word meanings USING CONCORDANCE.

So, get a concordance, word meaning each words used and place your meanings back into the context. You will get a whole different meaning and interpretation from the religious interpretation.

Bless you!
Re: Marriage-undefilement. by okeyxyz(m): 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
@OP

You did not specify what these "unacceptable" sexual practices are, so leaving us nothing really to comment on.

As far as I'm(my christian doctrine) concerned the only practices I call fornication are either unnatural sex(eg: homo/bi-sexuality, bestiality, etc) or unlawful/non-consensual(cheating, rape, etc) sex. These principles apply very well to the "bed undefiled".
Re: Marriage-undefilement. by tpia5: 6:25am On Dec 09, 2013
slimyem:

I had to take a bible class a few weeks ago

Jesus Christ, this person goes to church? Is it a satanist church?

see the type of things she spews here:

slimyem: Why are you so pained?

Is being so old too unpalatable a tag to wear?

What has what I view in the news got to do with the fact that you are a miserable grumpy woman with mostly twisted views and warped perceptions?

If I've seen 30 many moons ago,I'd glory in it not carry bile inside of me everywhere I go just like you do.

...and btw,I'll stay in anything I choose to on NL regardless of who it concerns. You should have gotten used to it by now. If you haven't though,please do. I'm your cancer!!!
Re: Marriage-undefilement. by free2ryhme: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2013
tpia@:

Jesus Christ, this person goes to church? Is it a satanist church?

see the type of things she spews here:

breeze don blow , we don see fowl yansh shocked shocked shocked ( slimyem)
Re: Marriage-undefilement. by free2ryhme: 6:43am On Dec 09, 2013
slimyem: This topic is borne out of the weave of confusion I've gotten in over the bible verse -Hebrews 13: 4 -Marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

I have always interpreted this part of the bible as to mean preserving the honor and sanctity of marriage,infidelity being unacceptable, the christian valuing their relationship with spouse so highly and avoid defiling the marriage bed by keeping themselves from any kind of external sexual relationship while married and to mean that all violations of the marriage
covenant will be severely punished by God.

I had to take a bible class a few weeks ago where this topic was the discourse. I totally got confused. I was being made to understand that "the bed undefiled" means a christian couple could defile their own bed by engaging in some certain unconventional sexual practices. That it was a violation of God's word and defilement for christians to bring in "these certain sexual practices" to their bed.

Well,though it wasn't explicitly described,I understood them to be particularly talking about the orals and some other kinkies..cheesy
A friend at this meeting also mentioned to buttress their points that during her marriage counselling,their were things they had forbade them to engage in sexually as christians.

Even though I disagree,I would really like some other point of view or another interpretation of this bible verse.

see as you destroy your personality
Re: Marriage-undefilement. by tpia5: 6:46am On Dec 09, 2013
out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.

she can even open her mouth to say she went to bible class?

shameless or is it clueless.

i'm not sure why some people wear church like fashion tag when they'd actually be better off openly pagan.

(1) (Reply)

This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? / What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. / Check Our Church Doctrine And Join Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.