Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? (1079 Views)

Catholicism: The Naivety And Gullibility Of Catholic Followers / Crucified Again -exposing Islams New War On Christians / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
I have noticed , and I am quite sure that most of you have also noticed that in very recent times there appear to be a new and vigorous onslaught by the evangelical community against Mother Church, the Catholic church, the oldest institution in the world.

The assaults and missiles are coming from all corners of the evangelical kingdom. From American TV evangelists Pat Nutcase Robertson, Benny Slyfox Hinn, to Nigeria's own garden variety parasites like Chris Okotie, Kumuyi, etc. right up to our NL evangelical apologists.

So what is actually causing this new war in heaven?

Well, look not too far, it Pope Francis.
This genteel human being has been stirring the hornest's nest , and causing an earthquake in Christendom with his message of simplicity, tolerance, acceptance, humility and universal love.

This approach to christianity is an anthithesis to the"name it and claim it " prosperity mumbo jumbo carefully packaged and sold for large sums of money in the religious market by the evangelical cartel or consortiums over the last many decades.

The natives are getting restless. Pope Francis is causing restlessness among the natives through his simplicity and populist posture.
People, great throngs of people are beginning to look positively at the Mother Church, the new inclusive Christianity is appealing to the many hitherto disenchanted, confused and pissed off class.

All of a sudden religion is beginning to make a little sense, look a little sensible to a lot of people.

The new combative posture of evangelical christianity towards the Catholic Church is understandable in light of the obvious fact that the evangelicals have a legitimate fear that many people, their bread and butter, would very soon realize the emptiness, the emotional blackmail and exploitations that are the main currencies of the of the evangelical product.
They have a legitimate fear that people would opt for a simple religion that loves all and accepts all, rather than one that enslaves them .

So, as Pope Francis marches on with his new message, expect him to be called many names, including the Devil, the anti-christ, etc etc. by those who stand to lose both money and power in the new Christian dispensation that is slowly but surely growing.

The center can no longer hold.

5 Likes

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by ManhunterTM(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
You have to admit, some of his messages stray a bit from the conventional Christian teachings.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
Manhunter™:
You have to admit, some of his messages stray a bit from the conventional Christian teachings.

I disagree sir.
Let me remind you that the Catholic church defined and authored these so-called conventional Christian teachings. The Catholic Church, at least from the 1st century Ad, birthed and nurtured, shaped and molded Christianity.
So, you are in no position to tell the Catholic Church, what is christian and what is not.

They know all the secrets of Christianity.
They know what is true and what is myth.
The Cathoic Church is by far the oldest, the pre-eminent experts in social engineering.
They have been doing it for 2000yrs.

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by ManhunterTM(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

I disagree sir.
Let me remind you that the Catholic church defined and authored these so-called conventional Christian teachings. The Catholic Church, at least from the 1st century Ad, birthed and nurtured, shaped and molded Christianity.
So, you are in no position to tell the Catholic Church, what is christian and what is not.

The Cathoic Church is by far the oldest, the pre-eminent experts in social engineering.
They have been doing is for 2000yrs.
Well, they already agreed on doctrines and all that at the council of Nicaea. His ''updated'' messages wouldn't align well with the Christian majority.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Manhunter™:
Well, they already agreed on doctrines and all that at the council of Nicaea. His ''updated'' messages wouldn't align well with the Christian majority.

Yeah. Its different world we live in today than it was in AD325.
A new paradigm for a new world.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by ManhunterTM(m): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

Not everyone likes change, especially this type. I've heard some Christians even say that he is the prophesied anti-Christ.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by DarqChild: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

Well in as much as I would LIKE to have an open mind ;and believe me I really want to have an open mind about the whole thing, as a Christian the Bible made things clear that at a certain point men would lose focus of the WORD and try to form an alliance of some sort to bring peace for humanity and all worth not just like the Pope has done by bringing all religion under one umbrella of love, humility and true worship from the heart and that man would choose it because it seems to make things alright for him but it will only bring catastrophe to the world. I'm just quoting off by heart but then all I'm saying is that it seems like this time has been predestined by the Holy book and it has come to pass and as a Christian I kind of shudder at what the outcome would be if the later part of the prophesy comes to pass. This new update from the Pope contradicts the Bible and everything Christianity stands for but it seems to have formed a sort of bridge for all religion and it may bring a sort of peace to the whole world with the notion being that we worship the same God all over...In peace, love, harmony and humility of course. With this latest development I'm really considering being an Agnostic. God is just impossible to understandable. With the whole contradiction in the Bible Christianity is slowly loosing its credibility. Religion to me is just becoming sickening....
I believe in Life. I believe in the energy that creates life....In that force that enables a man to breathe, sleep, eat and walk and when the energy leaves the man he becomes no better than a carcass.....just like the life force in plants and other animal. I believe God is a phenomenon. The birth of a new religion....LIFE!!!!

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

I disagree sir.

The bible also says. . . The first shall be the last. . .
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
DarqChild:

Well in as much as I would LIKE to have an open mind ;and believe me I really want to have an open mind about the whole thing, as a Christian the Bible made things clear that at a certain point men would lose focus of the WORD and try to form an alliance of some sort to bring peace for humanity and all worth not just like the Pope has done by bringing all religion under one umbrella of love, humility and true worship from the heart and that man would choose it because it seems to make things alright for him but it will only bring catastrophe to the world. I'm just quoting off by heart but then all I'm saying is that it seems like this time has been predestined by the Holy book and it has come to pass and as a Christian I kind of shudder at what the outcome would be if the later part of the prophesy comes to pass. This new update from the Pope contradicts the Bible and everything Christianity stands for but it seems to have formed a sort of bridge for all religion and it may bring a sort of peace to the whole world with the notion being that we worship the same God all over...In peace, love, harmony and humility of course. With this latest development I'm really considering being an Agnostic. God is just impossible to understandable. With the whole contradiction in the Bible Christianity is slowly loosing its credibility. Religion to me is just becoming sickening....
I believe in Life. I believe in the energy that creates life....In that force that enables a man to breathe, sleep, eat and walk and when the energy leaves the man he becomes no better than a carcass.....just like the life force in plants and other animal. I believe God is a phenomenon. The birth of a new religion....LIFE!!!!

I understand where you are coming from, but let me remind again that the Catholic Church authored, nurtured and molded the entire sum of your christian beliefs today.
Consider that this honest simple man is perhaps trying to Correct the doctrinal errors of yesteryears?

What if his conscience is yielding to the aspiration of the Christians rather than the Catholic Church as a body?.
In other words, like i said before, he is in a far better position than any of us to know what is myth , fable and what is truth.

What if he is trying his best just to bring back truth, lost 2000 years ago, back to the christianity?.
Would you still fault him?
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
kamura:

The bible also says. . . The first shall be the last. . .
The bible says a lot of things.

In this context , what does that mean?
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by DarqChild: 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

I understand where you are coming from, but let me remind again that the Catholic Church authored, nurtured and molded the entire sum of your christian beliefs today.
Consider that this honest simple man is perhaps trying to Correct the doctrinal errors of yesteryears?

What if his conscience is yielding to the aspiration of the Christians rather than the Catholic Church as a body?.
In other words, like i said before, he is in a far better position than any of us to know what is myth , fable and what is truth.

What if he is trying his best just to bring back truth, lost 2000 years ago, back to the Christianity?.
Would you still fault him?

Not really but I'm just bringing up the messages from the Bible and the words of the Pope which seems to be contradicting each other. His words are clearly saying that the Bible is false in its whole truth and message. That tends to put a sort of smear in Christendom as a whole and puts its authenticity in question. The Bible made mention that someday this would definitely happen and that the consequence will be drastic. Do you get where I'm driving at now? Its a bit scary don't you think?

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
DarqChild:

Not really but I'm just bringing up the messages from the Bible and the words of the Pope which seems to be contradicting each other. His words are clearly saying that the Bible is false in its whole truth and message. That tends to put a sort of smear in Christendom as a whole and puts its authenticity in question. The Bible made mention that someday this would definitely happen and that the consequence will be drastic. Do you get where I'm driving at now? Its a bit scary don't you think?
its not to him actually. He's an atheist.

Trying to embrace a man will not change him much. The pope must learn to tell men the truth. The roman catholic church must learn to tell men the truth.

Telling them the truth of the bible will change them.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
Marvel Comic must tell us the truth, the truth that Spider Man saves.

Else man shall continue to battle with his dark corrupt self.

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
DarqChild:

You saying the bible said this and the bible said , while forgetting that men, men with obvious doctrinal, ecclesiastical and even political agendas authored, edited and continue to revise the bible.

The truths always hurts.
Much has been concealed about christianity for a very long time.
What if this guy just wants to clear the air once and for all and for future generations of christians?

2 Likes

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: its not to him actually. He's an atheist.

Trying to embrace a man will not change him much. The pope must learn to tell men the truth. The roman catholic church must learn to tell men the truth.

Telling them the truth of the bible will change them.

What truth exactly?? Which version do you propose he tells the world??

Should he go about to tell us that God hates every gay person on the planet? Or do you propose that he tells us that every Atheist will burn in hell? I guess you would rather he tells you exactly what you want to hear. That is NOT the way of Christ.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by kambo(m): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

I disagree sir.

what dyu know about christianity ,you noisy atheist?

What are the "secrets of christianity"?
If the catholic church with its idol-lickg practices was much d definitive standard what caused the first breakaway in d first place?
What is the bone of contention that the men of God you've mentioned have with catholicsm?

Did u hav to spew out insults to make ur ignorant point? If u types ar not cussg Jesus or God its human theist mainly christian.

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
kambo:

what dyu know about christianity ,you noisy atheist?

What are the "secrets of christianity"?
If the catholic church with its idol-lickg practices was much d definitive standard what caused the first breakaway in d first place?
What is the bone of contention that the men of God you've mentioned have with catholicsm?

Did u hav to spew out insults to make ur ignorant point? If u types ar not cussg Jesus or God its human theist mainly christian.

I do not know the secrets of christianity, but do you agree that the catholic Holds much secrets or not?
What ever your christian sect, you carry and are part and parcel of Catholic DNA.

The fact that you have many breakaway factions over the millenia is testament to the fact it all about personal, doctrinal and political schisms and not about any one universal truth?
Truth cannot have many versions.

The bone of contention for these modern day evengelical parasites is simple and self-evident,-Market Share-money-filthy lucre.
Their livelihoods are under threat.
You see, simplicity of the christian message is like a viral antidote for these evengelicals, these pulpit pimps(perhaps you are one ?).
It threatens to render them redundant in the future.

kambo:

A spade needs to be called a spade.
A thief and a maggot need to be addressed as such.
I am very sensitive to cheating and exploitation.
That is my nature and I owe your type no apologies for it.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
striktlymi:

What truth exactly?? Which version do you propose he tells the world??

Should he go about to tell us that God hates every gay person on the planet? Or do you propose that he tells us that every Atheist will burn in hell? I guess you would rather he tells you exactly what you want to hear. That is NOT the way of Christ.
I have never and would never advocate the hatred of anything or anyone sir.

The pope should tell the world that Jesus saves too. That is the core message of the church.

He is showing love effectively and proudly as a saint, but he is refusing to tell the world that Jesus saves, and he is telling people that religion saves.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by kambo(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

I do not know the secrets of christianity, but do you agree that the catholic Holds much secrets or not?
What ever your christian sect, you carry and are part and parcel of Catholic DNA.

The fact that you have many breakaway factions over the millenia is testament to the fact it all about personal, doctrinal and political schisms and not about any one universal truth?
Truth cannot have many versions.

The bone of contention for these modern day evengelical parasites is simple and self-evident,-Market Share-money-filthy lucre.
Their livelihoods are under threat.
You see, simplicity of the christian message is like a viral antidote for these evengelicals, these pulpit pimps(perhaps you are one ?).
It threatens to render them redundant in the future.

A spade needs to be called a spade.
A thief and a maggot need to be addressed as such.
I am very sensitive to cheating and exploitation.
That is my nature and I owe your type no apologies for it.

if you want to know more about the history of the church and of catholicism theyre resources available.
Christianity has never been founded on catholicism.
And true christians will either try to convert catholics or reject their teachg.
Who led the bloody inquisition of d dark ages?
What even ushered in the dark ages and its end?
Do your research bf tryg to speak like an authority here.
The central message of christianity doesnt hinge on personal goodness or sincerity in believg a lie.
It Hinges on Jesus and his substitutionary work and d penalties for not being in him are d same as d penalties or cost for those who refused to accept noah's invitation into the ark.
The bible claims tht man's problem is heart based and man doesnt hav wat it takes to help himself. To fix d problem man needs to have a new heart (spirit) then he will hav the ability (though he will still choose to use or not use this ability) and b enlisted in God's family.
The world says the problem facg man is not heart based but knowledge/compassion/motivation based that man is inherently good. The bible says man is inherently evil.
The world says, feed the thief, giv him some material help and he'll stop stealg.
Tht condition made him a thief.
The bible says the thief will still because his spiritual father ,satan,is a thief so he is operatg naturally,subconsciously like his Dad.
Any1 presentg anythg different is a joker frm hell sent to decieve.
Christianity has nvr been about gettg right thru charity deeds or acceptance-e.g acceptg gays - but this heart issue.
Do ur home wrk bf u write on christianity. Cuz u dont know,as an atheist,jack about what it's all about.

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
kambo:

if you want to know more about the history of the church and of catholicism theyre resources available.
Christianity has never been founded on catholicism.
And true christians will either try to convert catholics or reject their teachg.
Who led the bloody inquisition of d dark ages?
What even ushered in the dark ages and its end?
Do your research bf tryg to speak like an authority here.
The central message of christianity doesnt hinge on personal goodness or sincerity in believg a lie.
It Hinges on Jesus and his substitutionary work and d penalties for not being in him are d same as d penalties or cost for those who refused to accept noah's invitation into the ark.
The bible claims tht man's problem is heart based and man doesnt hav wat it takes to help himself. To fix d problem man needs to have a new heart (spirit) then he will hav the ability (though he will still choose to use or not use this ability) and b enlisted in God's family.
The world says the problem facg man is not heart based but knowledge/compassion/motivation based that man is inherently good. The bible says man is inherently evil.
The world says, feed the thief, giv him some material help and he'll stop stealg.
Tht condition made him a thief.
The bible says the thief will still because his spiritual father ,satan,is a thief so he is operatg naturally,subconsciously like his Dad.
Any1 presentg anythg different is a joker frm hell sent to decieve.
Christianity has nvr been about gettg right thru charity deeds or acceptance-e.g acceptg gays - but this heart issue.
Do ur home wrk bf u write on christianity. Cuz u dont know,as an atheist,jack about what it's all about.

Believe me buddy, I know a great deal about the history of Christianity, and I can bet a lot more than you.
We know how it began and how the message was hijacked by the emperors of Rome. That is history.

Catholicism went on to define christianity for the world, and that's the way it has been.

All other sects are just her dysfunctional Children.
She knows them , She understands them, she grieves at their waywardness, but she still loves them because they are all her children.
Deny your mother as much as you want, she is still your mother, the one who first defined your reality.

Just suppose that the Pope now confesses to the world that Jesus was just mythical character they symbolically used to convey sublime wisdom.
How would you feel, especially with rambling about your message of Jesus?.

This is the point I am tying to let you know , that the Catholic Church know more about Christianity than you could ever know.
They molded it.
They know whether Jesus live or not, what he said and what he didn't say, whether he died on the cross or not, whether he ascended to heaven or lived to a ripe old age.

2 Likes

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

I disagree sir.

The catholic church didn't exist in the 1st century, it was created in the 4th by roman politicians and holymen. The idea of an unbroken line of Christian leadership leading back to saint Peter is a fable cooked up by those politicians to give themselves more credibility in the eyes of the people.

And pope Francis hasn't done anything worth praising. He hasn't changed any of the church's evil practices. He hasn't stopped them from protecting pëdophiles. He isn't cooperating with those investigating the churches past crimes. His predecessor is still a fugitive from justice in Vatican city, safely out of the jurisdiction of any real court. He hasn't done anything to improve the lowly status of women within the church.

All he has done is talk, talk and more talk (often followed by back pedalling by the church orthodoxy). And talk is cheap.

*Edited to fix typos

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
DarqChild:

1 Thessalonians 5:3 (NKJV)

For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by kambo(m): 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
plaetton:

Believe me buddy, I know a great deal about the history of Christianity, and I can bet a lot more than you.
We know how it began and how the message was hijacked by the emperors of Rome. That is history.

Catholicism went on to define christianity for the world, and that's the way it has been.

All other sects are just her dysfunctional Children.
She knows them , She understands them, she grieves at their waywardness, but she still loves them because they are all her children.
Deny your mother as much as you want, she is still your mother, the one who first defined your reality.

Just suppose that the Pope now confesses to the world that Jesus was just mythical character they symbolically used to convey sublime wisdom.
How would you feel, especially with rambling about your message of Jesus?.

This is the point I am tying to let you know , that the Catholic Church know more about Christianity than you could ever know.
They molded it.
They know whether Jesus live or not, what he said and what he didn't say, whether he died on the cross or not, whether he ascended to heaven or lived to a ripe old age.

catholicism didnt define christianity.
In the book of Acts u c the the church fathers meetg in the first church council to define what practces are not acceptable and broadcastg their standards to all other churches. At tht council, roman catholicism wasnt even born, they commanded among other things tht eatg food offered to idols and strangled animals and meat with d blood in it b abstained from. We see further definitions in the writg of Paul , who is the apostle to the non jews (gentiles),not Peter as catholicism preaches.
You also see the church meetg in a council when problems tht cud split d harmony of d church arose e.g when the grecian jews in d book of act complained of neglect in d rationg of food thts where the first elections of deacons was done again as answer to the confusion tht was nibbling on the peace and harmony of the church.
In early church days,there was a wide spread false doctrine known as arianism, it too was a canker causg confusion and dichotomy but it too was quelled in a similar manner (post biblical times early chutch) so catholocism has never been and will never b the true church. The bible had been defined and sealed (genesis - revelations) again by early church fathers long bf catholicism came along.
The literal translation of the new and old testament contradcts catholic practices. And the bible not what the pope thinks is wat dictates to the christian. The Holy spirit also.

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: I have never and would never advocate the hatred of anything or anyone sir.

The pope should tell the world that Jesus saves too. That is the core message of the church.

He is showing love effectively and proudly as a saint, but he is refusing to tell the world that Jesus saves, and he is telling people that religion saves.

I think you probably do not understand a number of the Pope's teachings and by extension, Catholic teachings. I do not want this to be about the Church because as far as I am concerned, anyone is free to hold whatever opinion or views about it and its teachings.

But to say that Pope Francis refused to tell the world that Jesus saves is quite incorrect. Matter of factly, the Pope has consistently spoken about Jesus the Redeemer who came to die for us all. Not some, but all, whether we are Christians or not.

To hold the view that the Pope teaches that Religion saves as against Jesus is still incorrect. There is no Religion without God. Jesus is God!!! Take Jesus out of Religion and we have absolutely NOTHING!!! How then can the pope hold that Religion on its merits saves?

If indeed he believes that Religion on its own merits is what saves, why then did he say that Atheists have a chance at making heaven? At least we both know that Atheists seemingly are without any form of Religion?
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Peter262: 8:28am On Dec 30, 2013
booked
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by okpurukata(f): 8:34am On Dec 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: I have never and would never advocate the hatred of anything or anyone sir.

Have you really listened to his words. If he does not preach Jesus, who else do you think he is preaching, you?
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by Ogbologbo: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2013
plaetton: I have noticed , and I am quite sure that most of you have also noticed that in very recent times there appear to be a new and vigorous onslaught by the evangelical community against Mother Church, the Catholic church, the oldest institution in the world.

The assaults and missiles are coming from all corners of the evangelical kingdom. From American TV evangelists Pat Nutcase Robertson, Benny Slyfox Hinn, to Nigeria's own garden variety parasites like Chris Okotie, Kumuyi, etc. right up to our NL evangelical apologists.

So what is actually causing this new war in heaven?

Well, look not too far, it Pope Francis.
This genteel human being has been stirring the hornest's nest , and causing an earthquake in Christendom with his message of simplicity, tolerance, acceptance, humility and universal love.

This approach to christianity is an anthithesis to the"name it and claim it " prosperity mumbo jumbo carefully packaged and sold for large sums of money in the religious market by the evangelical cartel or consortiums over the last many decades.

The natives are getting restless. Pope Francis is causing restlessness among the natives through his simplicity and populist posture.
People, great throngs of people are beginning to look positively at the Mother Church, the new inclusive Christianity is appealing to the many hitherto disenchanted, confused and pissed off class.

All of a sudden religion is beginning to make a little sense, look a little sensible to a lot of people.

The new combative posture of evangelical christianity towards the Catholic Church is understandable in light of the obvious fact that the evangelicals have a legitimate fear that many people, their bread and butter, would very soon realize the emptiness, the emotional blackmail and exploitations that are the main currencies of the of the evangelical product.
They have a legitimate fear that people would opt for a simple religion that loves all and accepts all, rather than one that enslaves them .

So, as Pope Francis marches on with his new message, expect him to be called many names, including the Devil, the anti-christ, etc etc. by those who stand to lose both money and power in the new Christian dispensation that is slowly but surely growing.

The center can no longer hold.

a lot of protestant sects originated from a period of intense war and struggle against catholicism. This animosity remains through the years till today though it is in a smouldering form in a lot of them. In the end they need catholicism to define themselves. it is their raison d'etre.

It is like Islam and christianity. Islam is formed as an alternative to xtian and judeanism. that is why they always talk about trinity etc. They are a reaction to christianity. protestant is a reaction to catholic.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by honeychild(f): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2013
plaetton:

You know, at times like these, I can't help but laugh out loud! When the humble JW preacher with his dusty shoes and umbrella tells you this same thing, that Christianity of today is full of doctrinal error, do you agree? But now because it's the Pope, it makes sense to you.

1 Like

Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by druid06(m): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
My knowledge about this subject is limited but I totally get the message Plaetton is trying to convey and I'm not sure where the rambling and argument from this topic is coming out from since I feel users who read this thread and commented on it are educated and literate and Plaetton eloquence was simplistic enough.

In every mans term, Plaetton is trying to argue out his frustration or observations as to why the uproar from other divisions of the Christian group is upset at the Pope, specifically at the Catholic church for twisting it's doctrines a little bit to accommodate and tolerate some actions that might considered sin in the past in Christendom.

He then went on further to say things have changed since time immemorial when Christianity was still in it's adolescence and it's time to revise some of it's doctrines to sooth people of today's and who else has the right to do so except for the Mother Church which is the Catholic church itself and that's exactly what the new pope is doing.

He also explain why the contempt from other Church groups or derivatives is obvious because members from their own church who have been emotionally blackmailed into worship in their church would see light from the new message of the Catholic church and might shift boats thereby inadvertently weakening their pay loads of tithes and offerings which is truthfully the main targets of these churches since they're all just business organizations in the guises as churches...

This is just what I think Plaetton message was trying to convey and I might not be totally right so please Plaetton kindly make corrections and assertions if you think so.
Re: This New War Against The Catholicism. The Center Can No Longer Hold? by plaetton: 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
druid06: My knowledge about this subject is limited but I totally get the message Plaetton is trying to convey and I'm not sure where the rambling and argument from this topic is coming out from since I feel users who read this thread and commented on it are educated and literate and Plaetton eloquence was simplistic enough.

In every mans term, Plaetton is trying to argue out his frustration or observations as to why the uproar from other divisions of the Christian group is upset at the Pope, specifically at the Catholic church for twisting it's doctrines a little bit to accommodate and tolerate some actions that might considered sin in the past in Christendom.

He then went on further to say things have changed since time immemorial when Christianity was still in it's adolescence and it's time to revise some of it's doctrines to sooth people of today's and who else has the right to do so except for the Mother Church which is the Catholic church itself and that's exactly what the new pope is doing.

He also explain why the contempt from other Church groups or derivatives is obvious because members from their own church who have been emotionally blackmailed into worship in their church would see light from the new message of the Catholic church and might shift boats thereby inadvertently weakening their pay loads of tithes and offerings which is truthfully the main targets of these churches since they're all just business organizations in the guises as churches...

This is just what I think Plaetton message was trying to convey and I might not be totally right so please Plaetton kindly make corrections and assertions if you think so.

Right on target.
This is exactly what I had intended to convey and discuss.

(1) (Reply)

I Think I Need Advice At This Point. / Ten Facts You Should Know About Repentance / Does The Belief Of An Eternally Burning Hell Sound Appealing To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.