Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible (927 Views)

11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! / Prayer Intercessors For Couples Trying To Conceive Babies / The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nehemiah459(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
This may sound surprising but its the reality.
This topic was born out of the topic I wrote in another forum about [url=http://forum.studentsdiary.net/religion/the-name-emmanuel-shouldn%27t-be-attributed-to-jesus-christ]Emmanuel not being the name of Jesus.[/url]
A virgin has already/once given birth to a son named Emmanuel in Israel. Read > Isaiah 7:1-25 where it was prophesied.
14. Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Goshen360(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
cheesy grin grin
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Guest101: 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
I'll take this for A Joke.

But if not, then you're high on Holy Wine!
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by harbiola1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nehemiah459: This may sound surprising but its the reality.
This topic was born out of the topic I wrote in another forum about [url=http://forum.studentsdiary.net/religion/the-name-emmanuel-shouldn%27t-be-attributed-to-jesus-christ]Emmanuel not being the name of Jesus.[/url]
A virgin has already/once given birth to a son named Emmanuel in Israel. Read > Isaiah 7:1-25 where it was prophesied.

Are u a marmon

The word used in that verse was nt "Virgin" it was "Alma >Young lady" and "Emmanuel" was metaphorical as it's used in the context .
Only God knows where our brothers got their own Emmanuel.
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nehemiah459(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
harbiola1:

Are u a marmon

The word used in that verse was nt "Virgin" it was "Alma >Young lady" and "Emmanuel" was metaphorical as it's used in the context .
What version of Bible called it alma? Cos KJV calls it a virgin.
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by otipoju(m): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
OP!!! Have you ever heard of the word "PROPHECY"... Like I always say the bible is like a horse that can be ridden in any direction. I shake my head for you all the same... Forming like one religious scholar whereas you just exhibited the contents of your brain.
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nehemiah459(m): 5:52am On Dec 01, 2013
otipoju: OP!!! Have you ever heard of the word "PROPHECY"... Like I always say the bible is like a horse that can be ridden in any direction. I shake my head for you all the same... Forming like one religious scholar whereas you just exhibited the contents of your brain.
I am forming no scholar. A prophecy was prophesied for a certain event (Ephraim and Syria war with Judah) and it was fulfilled cos Ephraim (10 Tribes of Israel) was taken captive (2 KINGS 17:6) same with Syria which was destroyed (2 KINGS 16:9).
Mind you non happened in the time of Jesus Christ.
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Maxcollins042(m): 6:02am On Dec 01, 2013
Stop writing threads when drunk.....Hehe maka ndi uta o,2 avoid yori yori and conga aso.
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nehemiah459(m): 6:20am On Dec 01, 2013
Guest101~:
I'll take this for A Joke.

But if not, then you're high on Holy Wine!
It is never a joke and am never High... Kindly read the scripture and make comparison.
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nehemiah459(m): 8:11am On Dec 01, 2013
Maxcollins042: Stop writing threads when drunk.....Hehe maka ndi uta o,2 avoid yori yori and conga aso.
What do you mean by the quoted text above?
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2013
and to think he was in that weed thread yesternight undecided
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nehemiah459(m): 10:15am On Dec 01, 2013
Goshen360: cheesy grin grin
What do you have to say?
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Davidson267(m): 10:24am On Dec 01, 2013
Abeg let me check my bible 1st cos I can nt categorically tel u its nt truth...wait its is going 2 be made knwn by my oga at d top
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nehemiah459(m): 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
Davidson267: Abeg let me check my bible 1st cos I can nt categorically tel u its nt truth...wait its is going 2 be made knwn by my oga at d top
What's your discovery?
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by SalC: 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
Lol
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by macof(m): 12:33am On Dec 02, 2013
harbiola1:

Are u a marmon

I have come across this before.

I suspect the Romans for conspiracy in with using the "virgin" instead of "young lady"

Even Jesus wasn't truly born of a virgin, the Jews testify to this.

But everyone knows that Mary was a young lady when she had Jesus
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by macof(m): 12:38am On Dec 02, 2013
Isis is the virgin mother of Horus in Kemetism.

Asherah is the Queen of heaven in Canaanite spirituality

Rhea is mother goddess in Greco-Roman spirituality

So Mary has many rivals
Re: Mary Is Not The First Virgin To Conceive In The Bible by Nehemiah459(m): 7:35am On Dec 02, 2013
macof:

I have come across this before.

I suspect the Romans for conspiracy in with using the "virgin" instead of "young lady"

Even Jesus wasn't truly born of a virgin, the Jews testify to this.

But everyone knows that Mary was a young lady when she had Jesus
Will you say Romans Or Translators? I will say it was chipped into the New Testament, cos Jesus was never called Emmanuel.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / What Jehovah's Witnesses Won't Tell You About Christmas, Bdays & Flag Salute / What Are The Benefits Of Islam To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.