Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Why All These Confusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why All These Confusion (533 Views)

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / Shocker, Confusion As Spiritualist Consults On The Source Of Lords Chosen Power / Abuzola's Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why All These Confusion by simplyOJ(m): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reading through most Christian threads gives one the impression that we are divided and don't speak with one voice, and a house divided against itself cannot stand. Check out the exploit of the Apostles of old; how God used them greatly, they saw themselves as one, loved and cared for each other even to the point of selling their properties and sharing the proceeds among themselves based on available needs. One say my church is the best, another say my G.O, Papa or Bishop is first among all other pastors, come to our church, THESE and THAT will happen; some say Tithe is lawful, another say it is not....... "which kind wahala be all these, no be one bible we get again!!!" Why ALL THESE CONFUSION.

As I was thinking about these, I remembered Mahatma Gandhi narrated an experience he had way back then in England when he was stopped from entering a Church because of the way he was dressed; he was forced to make the following quotation after the experience " I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ". He had read a lot of the bible and the Ministry of Jesus and felt a need to be part of the family, but he got a rude shock of his life, the adherent of the faith are not anywhere near what they preach.

The earlier we begin to know that we are all individually going to stand before God and give account of our individual lives the better. The G.O's, Papas, Mama's, Bishops, Deacons, Church goers will not even stand for their children. I love it how Apostle Paul puts it in his first letter to the church in Corinthians 3:6 when such divisions was in play; he said "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, BUT GOD HAD BEEN MAKING IT GROW. That they are NOTHING but TOOLS in the hands of the Almighty God, can a hoe make a ridge without being used? What the G.O, Bishops and others have been doing all this while, is the planting and watering, God alone is the one that decides what grows. We are encouraged to cultivate a healthy relationship with our God first and then give all the necessary support and assistance to our churches and spiritual heads, because we all cannot lead, but don't make a god out of them. Give them respect due.

Two men in the bible I so cherish are Daniel and Joseph. They were 2 young men during their times who entered into a very strong commitment not to defile themselves before God no matter what is. They cultivated the idea of always being in the presence of God that stood as a check against any contrary behavior that could be offensive to God. That of Daniel was so dear to me. When Daniel was praying to God about his people the Jews, the Bible made me to understand that the Lord sent an angel to Daniel, when the angel came; he told Daniel that the moment he started to pray, the Lord sent an answer immediately BECAUSE he was GREATLY ESTEEMED before God, and when I check the word esteemed in the dictionary, I got blown away. How many of us with all these argument we put up daily about our churches and the various doctrine practiced or not practiced can make God to boast about us today. Apart from some few characters in the Bible, what I discovered about many people God used for His exploits never really ask to be GREAT. They simply WALK with God and WORK for God and God who ruled in the kingdoms of men (ask King Nebuchadnezzar) knows how to place His own.

How many of us whom God has prospered with the ability to give to our Parents, give with the mindset of receiving something in return from them, that is exactly how we have chosen to operate with God. Don't get me wrong, only a dead man is without any expectation, but in a situation where we are encouraged to basically "tie all our givings to what we expect expect God to do for us", creates frustration in the hearts of those whose expectations may not have been met after tieing those givings to their expectations, remember God sees the motive behind every actions and when the motives becomes selfish, God alone knows what to do. There is something that I believe in, If you make a commitment today between YOURSELF and GOD and you are sincere in carrying it out to the latter that you will use majority of your income to support the church, take care of some orphans or to help the needy, some how...some how, God knows how to take care of your needs.

Religion may have become an opium for you, it is not too late to make a U-turn and start developing that personal relationship with God, the peace of mind you will get is nothing you can ever imagined is possible. Like the Three Hebrew boys in the bible; Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who in the face of death reaffirmed their conviction about the saving power of the Almighty God thus confirming the word in Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace those whose mind are steadfast, because they trust in you" and Daniel 11:32b "But the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits" God is no respecter of persons, whoever that decide to seek Him will find Him. Let us put a stop to all these accusation and counter accusation we carry about ourselves, we are ONE; NOW is, when true worshipers will worship the father in spirit and truth; for such PEOPLE the father seeks to be His worshipers. kiss

1 Like

Re: Why All These Confusion by vickyO(f): 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
God bless you.
Re: Why All These Confusion by PastorOluT(m): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
Good observation and God bless u for the piece, bt seriously so much is happening here that meet the eye!
Re: Why All These Confusion by simplyOJ(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Good observation and God bless u for the piece, bt seriously so much is happening here that meet the eye!
my brother I agree with you that is why I thought it necessary to make my own input known no matter how inconsequencial my voice may be perceived to be. Thanks Pastor Olu T.
Re: Why All These Confusion by simplyOJ(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO: God bless you.
Thax Vic. God bless you too.

(1) (Reply)

Freedom From House Bondage / Lets All Praise God / Rev Chris Okotie A Pastor, Or A Super Star Or Rather Both?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.