Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

African Salad - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / African Salad (19684 Views)

How To Prepare African Salad (abacha) / Woman Dies After Eating African Salad (abasha) / African Salad(abachà) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Salad by Leilah(f): 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2009
What is all that stuff on top of the meat is that okazi leaf or something? the meat looks like its covered in palm oil,  shocked I'm sure it tastes great though.
Re: African Salad by Akinagirl(f): 12:56am On Jul 13, 2009
What is all that in that bowl? It dosen't look to appetizing.
Re: African Salad by daduke2k(m): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2009
believe me when u taste that u aint gonna be the same again
Re: African Salad by mamagee3(f): 1:12am On Apr 12, 2011
Nice looking and delicious-looking meal!

Hope it tastes just like it looks. . .
Re: African Salad by ljila(f): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2011
There´s this local salad i used to make. Maybe its the poor man´s version or creativity, i don´t know but it sure tastes fab! grin

Ingredients

Lettuce
Hard boiled egg
Sweet potato (boiled)
Onions
Cooking oil
Sail
Maggi
Fresh or ground pepper
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Grounded kulikuli (peanut butter cake?)
*Sorry but i think quantity depends on individual taste smiley

Method:
Heat the cooking oil and fry tchopped
onions (not for too long) and fresh pepper. Season with salt and maggi (or any other seasoning cube). Allow to cool for a bit.
Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and place in a bowl. Dice the boiled eggs and Sweet potato and also put in the bowl. Pour the cooled mixture into the bowl. Sprinkle powered kulikuli and mix thorougly. You can add ground pepper, if the salad is not spicy enough for you, or more salt to taste.

ENJOY! grin x
Re: African Salad by naijainfogalery: 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Heinz Salad Cream - Coleslaw for your Party Rice

Thinner than mayonnaise, with a tang of mustard, this cream is the perfect coleslaw sauce.

Heinz Salad Cream has 60% less fat than mayonnaise and has no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. It has creamy, with a little sharpness, perfect with salads or sandwiches. A Heinz Classic, salad cream is a tasty way to liven up salads, sandwiches, baked potatoes, burgers and chips. The unique taste of Heinz® Salad Cream turns ordinary food into delicious dishes- instantly.

for Nigerians looking for Heinz Salad Cream in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/heinz-salad-cream
Re: African Salad by SirAmnoj(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hi
I would like you to please take the time to complete this Consumer Assessment Questionnaire on a South-Eastern originated meal, Abacha (African Salad). If you would like to, please click the link below. It is a secure google link and so you don't have to worry about it being an internet risk.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ucJQr9GTTikm7ewQQilBOrAGlSuO7Z3Ed4C0VV9K6Uw/viewform?usp=send_form

This questionnaire is conducted as part of a wider research. All responses are confidential and all respondents are kept anonymous. The feedback from this research shall not be disclosed to any third party but for the specific purpose of this research work.

Thank you.
Re: African Salad by Andy04: 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
shylladear:
do you eat african salad

if you do, do you like it or how does it taste
Hello,I reside in the east,I can supply to interested individuals breadfruit,'ukwa' in igbo ,'afon' in yoruba,in bulk @ a cheaper rate you might even wish to be selling it.I heard that the business is lucrative and selling fast in cities like Lagos and Abj.we can work out on how I will be getting it across to you maybe through 'ware billing' or any other means that would be mutually convenient. contact me if you are interested via: 08160436794, email:voyagerafricana@gmail.com
Re: African Salad by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
People in this where thread forming class.

African salad is sour milk and white pounded pap.....finish. These things you posted here are revised 21st century versions.

It is not your traditional salad like the green garden salads you posted rather, it is the dopest food eaten before white men came. Dont be fooled by the fact that you see no veges. Mind you, milk was a luxury so a salad is seen as posh.......hence the word SALAD.
Re: African Salad by Torie8(f): 6:30am On Nov 13, 2020
This is what African salad looks like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Salad by Aimerosa25(f): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2020
[quote author=Torie8 post=95982600]This is what African salad looks like [/quote beautiful, I love

1 Like

Re: African Salad by StennyB(f): 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Here's a picture I got off the internet

Re: African Salad by ama19: 11:52pm On May 06, 2022
Here is my own recipe for African salad aka Abacha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKf9RYfMWA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Food Inflation In Nigeria / Tasty Simple Stew Without Meat. / How To Make Snail Pepper Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.