Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Youth Corpers Den - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Youth Corpers Den (17719 Views)

Firstbank Empowers 8000 Youth Corpers (Photos) / Private Companies In Lagos That Accept Youth Corpers / 150 Youth Corpers Amputated In Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youth Corpers Den by lynxnoon(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2008
OTONDO corpers wee oh!!!
LA/08A/2327 bacth A serving in oshodi, lagos
Abeg any beta boys?? grin grin
Re: Youth Corpers Den by dadonG(m): 12:30am On Aug 06, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
congratulations!na una be d 1st people 2 enta nysc camp,even 1st corpers 4 this world.i wonder what is fantastic
u might still be in primary schol may u neva be a copper amen------
Re: Youth Corpers Den by DeepZone: 2:21am On Aug 06, 2008
An Ex-corp members sha. Just want to hail all Sokoto corpers.

Served in the Caliphate in Batch 'A' 2005

Wishing u all da best

You don get job?
Re: Youth Corpers Den by na2day2(m): 5:11am On Aug 06, 2008
nomanicole:

congratulations!na una be d 1st people 2 enta nysc camp,even 1st corpers 4 this world.i wonder what is fantastic about it,you guys don't even have anything 2 talk about tongue angry can we hear sumthn else

are u serving in abuja, if yes, where?
Re: Youth Corpers Den by chioma107(f): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2008
hi everyone, i am batch A (april) 2008. Camped im ZM but serving in LAG
Re: Youth Corpers Den by Jarus(m): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2008
I served in Sokoto March 2007-May 2008(plus 3 months extension). My Sokoto year will be one of the most interesting and adventurous period in my life if I write my autobiography. The good happened, the interesting happened, and ugly also reared its head. Altogether, not a bad experience really.

An article I wrote in The Sun newspaper about the Sokoto state Governor put me in trouble. I suddenly became the most popular corper in Sokoto state. From Rabah(a village of about 30km to Sokoto town), I was reposted to Gudu(near Niger republic, about one and half hours from Sokoto town) so that I will not have access to internet or come to town or read newspaper. Anyway, I stayed in Sokoto town throughout the fifteen months, just used to go Rabah/Gudu once in a while and the maximum days I spent in the village consecutively was 3 days. I just can't live where there is no internet or newspapers or phone network.

I met the state commissioner for education and he told me the state governor did not believe I was not sponsored by opposition party(Bafarawa's DPP).

I knew I would have extension and I had prepared my mind for it, so I was not traumatized when I was given 3-months extension. I just used the period to prepare for my ICAN, afterall I won't have such time in Lagos. And by God's grace, I not only passed my exams but also won FIRST PRIZE in the country in that diet.

There were good sides as well. Making new friends among co-corpers and indigenes, living for the first time in an entirely different environment, tasting village life no matter how small, learning a new langusge etc. Nairalander LUV2TALK is one of the new friends I made in Sokoto state and we allways met in CYBERCAFE at Sokoto University City campus.

I still call the state NYSC director as I don't have any grudge with him despite given me extension. I was told he has been posted to anothers state now. Pitiably, the only NYSC top staff that stood by me during my period of trial, Haruna Abubakar(NYSC PRO) died in an autocrash before I finished my extension.

I wrote a 14-page article titled MY MARCH THROUGH THE CALIPHATE LAND:MEMOIR OF MY SERVICE YEAR EXPERIENCE IN SOKOTO STATE to narrate my experience in Sokoto state, but if I will describe my NYSC year in one word, I will have to roll a coin between ADVENTUROUS and ENLIGHTENING.

Alhamdulilah, I'm now working in an oil company in Lagos. I'll still have plans to visit Sokoto and my village,maybe on one weekend(by flight of course,can't go that distance by road again). I'm somebody that easily becomes emotionally attached to anybody thas has helped me in the past. And I will one day go to Sokoto to visit my AI and Principal insha Allah. I really missed these people. They were very nice to me.

SAI ANJUMA!!!
Re: Youth Corpers Den by Wokeyim(f): 9:03am On Aug 06, 2008
Here we come!!! How come i never thought of a thread like this before? Well, I be Senior Otondo, will be passing out in September too. I have really enjoyed my service year - at least i got to know about, and join naira-land during the year. My only regret about NYSC is that I didnt look for enough trouble in that one year. I learnt as Corpers, we have enough immunity - including that no one can take you to court during that year. So my advice to Batch A 08, find enough trouble during this year wey u no go fit find for your entire life  and if any one wants to hold you, bring out your ID card and plead, "Am a Corper please, I am new in this town, I didnt know that I was not meant to do so-and-so." Believe me, it's real fun. But if them catch u, no call my name oh!

@ Ukukaegbu
I was a mad puppy too! LOL. I am Batch B sha. Platoon 7 wee oh. You need to see how jealous my roomates used to be of us, platoon 7 members then. I miss Mad dog and my regret is I never took a picture with him. Do you have a real crazy one of him so we can make a copy for me?

@ all NACC
Corps members for Christ! One of you, in spirit and in truth.

@ Ife-eco-06
Lucky you. You finished serving in May and u already got a job, and in an oil company. Congrats Bro. September 11th is sooooooooooo close and we are in the labour market now, I pray that date aint going to be Osama-like! God knows I can't sit idle for even one day, I need a job, incase there are nairalanders that can help. I know i'll make it sha, for as i always say "You can't meet me where you left me!" Meanwhile all Coffers here, wish u guys luck - for Batch B 07 and B 08, in ya next stages of life and for Batch A 08, over the next few months. Don't worry , time really flies and before you know it,  March 2008 is here. Till then, be good!
Re: Youth Corpers Den by tunji4u: 9:10am On Aug 06, 2008
I dey Imo, batch A '08,
To all batch B,  be ready to shoot out, to all batch A '08,  u re still " under the sun and in the rain"
Re: Youth Corpers Den by Pennywise(m): 9:13am On Aug 06, 2008
Any Yikpata corper in the house? My spirit still lives in that camp. Will be there soon for an exorcism.
Re: Youth Corpers Den by aturuobi(f): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2008
corpers weeeeeeeeeeeeeee oooooooooooh, iam xty, camped in ondo and servin in ABJ. i actually enjoyed mi orientation in ondo state, d weather was lovely
Re: Youth Corpers Den by obiogwu(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2008
corpers weeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooo.Am servung in lagos.remember GATTUSO of platoon 1 batch A 08.any eko corper in the house?to ma guys in Jos gbadoki,oyeh in PH,Ejike and Achicks in ABJ,Eze e in Niger,i hail.hope u r good to go.
Re: Youth Corpers Den by protocol(m): 9:58am On Aug 06, 2008
NOMANICOLE, 4GET THEM. MEN, I LIKE THAT UR PICS. I MUST CONFESS YOU ARE BEAUTIFULL! SOMONE IS DYIN, grin
Re: Youth Corpers Den by emekauzor(m): 10:08am On Aug 06, 2008
AAJJJJJJUUUUWWWAAAAYYYYAAA and good luck not in service any way
Re: Youth Corpers Den by Wilfem(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2008
Corpers weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooo!!! I'm a Batch A2 corp member serving in Abuja.
How's your service been? Hope you're all enjoying it. I give glory, honour and adoration to God Almighty 'cos I'm enjoying mine.
Re: Youth Corpers Den by ukukaegbu(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2008
@ Wilfem
Good to hear that u are enjoying your service. I'm enjoying mine too. Where are u doing your primary assignment?

@Wokeyim
I had some snapshots with Mad Dog, but too bad I forgot them at home when I travelled immediately after we left camp. If I have the opportunity to travel home again (I doubt if I will until year end), then I'll bring them.
Re: Youth Corpers Den by nomanicole(f): 10:55am On Aug 06, 2008
@ dadon g,     na wah 4 u oh!i can see ur d only corper in dis world,or beta stl d 1st person 2b a corper in ur village.so it is so much of an achievement 4u.heyyah! cry  i'm not in primary school sir,infact i grad last year,and i'll be goin 4 service ds month,i've already collected my call up number.its no big deal.dont u see.d important thing is get a job and a life
Re: Youth Corpers Den by MrCrackles(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2008
nomanicole:

@ dadon g, na wah for you oh!i can see your d only corper in this world,or beta stl d 1st person 2b a corper in your village.so it is so much of an achievement 4u.heyyah! cry i'm not in primary school sir,infact i grad last year,and i'll be goin 4 service ds month,i've already collected my call up number.its no big deal.don't u see.d important thing is get a job and a life

haha

Yes oo, the most important is to get a job and get a life! grin
Re: Youth Corpers Den by nomanicole(f): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2008
@na2day, hopefully i'll serve in abuja.25th,ds month.l8r
Re: Youth Corpers Den by nomanicole(f): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2008
@protocol,u went 2 my profile.thanks 4 d assessment or should i say compliment.no dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Re: Youth Corpers Den by nana(f): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2008
Na wa for all these agunbaniros. Me too Dey do Ajuwaya for here. Any Batch N in da house? embarassed
Re: Youth Corpers Den by kedukc(m): 11:26am On Aug 06, 2008
Meen, 'm so glad 2 see corpers in high spirits here, your posts are a lot of encouragement with all the un-nice things said about NYSC.  I'll be joining this august batch hopefully to kaduna. Does anyone have tips i could use for thoroughly enjoying camptime? cool

Re: Youth Corpers Den by captainhsi: 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2008
I seem not to know Y NYSC fixed Sep.11 sad for you Batch B guyz when the batch A guyz passed out Feb.14 wink .isn't that a lovely date.Batch B 2008-you need prayers ooo!!!!!September 11,is not a good day in history cry .I beg no "swear" fro me ooo.It's just what i feel!

1 luv from Ajuwaya Batch A 2008 grin !
Re: Youth Corpers Den by Wokeyim(f): 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ Ukukaegbu
Okay, thanks

nomanicole:

@ dadon g, na wah for you oh!i can see your d only corper in this world,or beta stl d 1st person 2b a corper in your village.so it is so much of an achievement 4u.heyyah! cry i'm not in primary school sir,infact i grad last year,and i'll be goin 4 service ds month,i've already collected my call up number.[[/b]b]its no big deal.don't u see.d important thing is get a job and a life

It's no big deal because you have just collected your call -up number (that's if that is true). Start the real process, then you'l come back here to tell us the real deal. Instead of getting useful info that'll keep you for the next one year, you're saying "Its no big deal." Well, good luck to you.

d important thing is get a job and a life
Some people get jobs and get lives being retained at their places of primary assignment you know.

@ Kedukc
Tips for thoroughly enjoying camptime. Well, that will need a whole documentary! The thing about NYSC is that camp life is the only interesting part of it. Besides the struggles, pushings, fights and hurried life (which are part of the fun), you'll get experiences you can never get in your life again. The rest of the service year is so drab, long and monotonous. So no matter what people tell you, enjoy your camplife. Participate in everything you can because you may never again have an opportunity to. Good luck and have a fun-filled service year. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Youth Corpers Den by babonboard(f): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
otondos in da house
how now shey una all dey at shun?
na ekiti state me i dey o ado to be precise
batch A1
if u be corper and u no post u are very wrong
ikebe no dey tire the owner no matter the size

any ladokite coffer in the house??
Re: Youth Corpers Den by neduogu(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
cool men i dey serve abuja, its been fun so far. and we are good to go on 9/11. men e no easy for abuja oo. for prospective corpers wey one serve for abj, if you no get person for this area abeg think twice no be say i dey discourage any. to the author you did not introduce urself so you are wrong. undecided
Re: Youth Corpers Den by alohs(m): 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
still remain an otondo till sept 11 for POP .sokoto batch B 2007.c u all
Re: Youth Corpers Den by neduogu(m): 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2008
@kedukc.
life in camp is so fun filled.here are some tips which might help.
1. try to the camp like a day to the opening day. so that you get your kaki ontime.
2. make sure you buy a waist bag and carry all your vital stuffs inside.
3.please take this point very important. snap a lot of passport photo. say upto 25, yes 25. you will need them and the guys inside camp will be exorbitant in their charges.
4.Carry copies of your CV along with you cause good companies might come into camps to root some of you.
5. shine your eyes well most of us in good companies knew no one. grin
Re: Youth Corpers Den by kedukc(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ neduogu
The CV thing is sumthin i neva thot of, thanks bro.
Re: Youth Corpers Den by sibrahim1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2008
corpers we ooooh!!!

i have something for you all, i need your views on it.may be its only my state of deployment, see you in a jiffy
Re: Youth Corpers Den by seunjoe: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2008

joe is my name batch b, niger state

cant wait to get out of this den

batch a corpers pele

now your suferring continues
Re: Youth Corpers Den by nomanicole(f): 1:53am On Aug 07, 2008
@wokeyim,madam,no vex.since its a big deal and people haven't been doing it.u're actually the 1st.enjoy! yes i agree that in some cases some people are retained.is going 4 service a criteria?naija is a place where u have 2 know somebody at the top to find a place,incase u are 4rm space.service is no big deal cos its not luck or chance,u'll definitely go 4 service if u meet up,u leave school when ur mates are,ok? or beta still dull till it's ur child's turn then ur age will be screaming.get my point!
Re: Youth Corpers Den by nomanicole(f): 2:25am On Aug 07, 2008
@wokeyim, ur own achievements 4 one year is all over the papers!plsssssssssssss,its like u never imagined u'll go 4 service

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Batch B 2013 Corpers, Where Is Your PPA? / NYSC Swears In 1,882 Corps Members In Ondo State [photos] / Lagos Cm Batch B 2015 Let Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.