Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. (16723 Views)

Pls How Do I Play Multiplayer Games On Ppsspp / Top ISP For Gaming In Nigeria (part 1) / I Sell Playstation Network And Xbox Live Cards For Online Gaming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by mecussey(m): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2009
Christiano, how do you mean start your own ISP? let me have your E mail address. Mine is mecussey@yahoo.com. Again, who knows the best server for online gaming
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ogagusps3: 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2009
Get starcomms izap or mtn 3.5G and use that to play online.
Get one of those ethernet cables and connect it directly from ur pc to ur ps3 or xbox 360.

Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ndividual: 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
@jensinmi

That is sooo surreal. I lived very close then (If it's the one at Ori Akpata, I think). Crazy I say.

Any way, for the benefit of the thread I would recommend swift (as of now), since it works well with the 360 and no-download caps.

A-town:

You need a great upload speed to enjoy online games. Without this, there'd be a lot of lag especially when you play people in other continents.

I see where you're coming from. However, it's not like you walk up to an ISP and say "I need a connection of Bleep upload speed and Bleep download speed" - you get ?
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ogagusps3: 8:15pm On Mar 28, 2009
the cable costs about #250.

For windows xp
When you connect the cable, go to ur ps3 and go to ''network settings''.
Choose custom settings and enter an ip address(this must be different from the one on the pc),subnet mask which must be 255.255.255.0 on both ps3 and pc. Default router/gateway should be on the ps3 the ip address of the pc and on the pc the ip address of the ps3.The dns sever should be 10.0.0.0 or any other combination you like.Put automatic to the rest of the things trhere. Save settings but don't test them.

Go to ur pc and go to the control panel and click  ''network connections''.Right click ur 3g connection from starcomms or mtn and click properties. Under the ''general'' tab in the ''This connection uses the following items'' box scrool down to ''internet protocol'' select it and click on properties.Select ''use the following ip address'' and do the same thing you did on the ps3.
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2009
ndividual:

@jensinmi

That is sooo surreal. I lived very close then (If it's the one at Ori Akpata, I think). Crazy I say.

Any way, for the benefit of the thread I would recommend swift (as of now), since it works well with the 360 and no-download caps.

I see where you're coming from. However, it's not like you walk up to an ISP and say "I need a connection of Bleep upload speed and Bleep download speed" - you get ?

Too bad because thats how its done in the states. You get an option. My cable internet is 20mbps download 5mbps upload.
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by lexdino: 9:07am On Mar 29, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmm undecided
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ndividual: 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2009
@iukpe

Ok - yesterday my gold membership expired (you one free month gold when you sign up). I didn't worry because I had a 1 month free susbcription redeem coupon courtesy of GTA4. However, I was heart broken when i couldn't use (US only). So, how do you do subscriptions on the PS3 online platform?
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2009
ndividual:

@iukpe

Ok - yesterday my gold membership expired (you one free month gold when you sign up). I didn't worry because I had a 1 month free susbcription redeem coupon courtesy of GTA4. However, I was heart broken when i couldn't use (US only). So, how do you do subscriptions on the PS3 online platform?

I am not doubting or anything. I just need to clarify a few things.
Do you experience lag when you're playing online?
Are you able to voice chat with other players seamlessly?
Does the connection drop or is it constantly on?
Are you able to play a fulll game of fifa or COD without issues?
If your answers are yes, i'd like to recommend your internet service provider to someone.
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ajekpaks(m): 6:00pm On Mar 29, 2009
My brothers make una no mind me too much, abeg, all this grammer whey una dey blow, I just dey enjoy am but I no too understand am

All this broadband this broadband that story no enter me head, no blame me too much because I be ajekpako and na for face me I face you I dey live

But I go like dey orientated for this stuffs,

Una fit tell me wheere i go start to learn this stuffs

With likkle or no pepper at all, of course

Abeg  who go fit helep me??
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ndividual: 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2009
A-town:

I am not doubting or anything. I just need to clarify a few things.
Do you experience lag when you're playing online?
Are you able to voice chat with other players seamlessly?
Does the connection drop or is it constantly on?
Are you able to play a fulll game of fifa or COD without issues?
If your answers are yes, i'd like to recommend your internet service provider to someone.

1) Yes - but it depends at what time of the day, although it's rare - I'm using an 6pm-8pm slot, and as these things are faster in the night, I rarely have time lag
2) I don't have a headset, but this question depends on the game (how it's able to handle the voice data and so on), some perform much better than others. For instance, I played a full tournament on Virtual Tennis with no time lag whatsoever. But in Gears of War, there is a slightly higher chance of time lag (where you have your player moving 6 steps and then somewhat "teleport" 5 steps back due to time lag). IMHO, The voice over isn't that great (it can break a lot sometimes) - but as long as my gameplay is ok, then no problem.
3) *sighs* yes, the connection quality can drop at times - most esp when the ISP has problems. If it's that bad, the game will inform you of this, where you can either log out or wait like a sitting duck for your connection to improve - and sitting ducks never last long in deathmatches.
4) I don't have FIFA or COD (rare NTSC games). But based on my experience so far, i figure the Fifa will play better than COD. The reason I'm using my current ISP is because it's auto IP (so no long thing in setting up), plus, I don't have to connect via my system to go online (which i would have done if using something like MTN or Starcomms) and the related connection issues you might encounter.
5) And lastly, there will always be time lag (in Nigeria, till something better comes along). What matters is how "minimal" it is, so to speak.

And in conclusion, as Nigeria changed completely when GSM came, so will the gaming industry, the minute better internet comes in. Can anyone imagine the possibilites with the Globalcom fiber optic cable with gaming?

After the installation of the cables, the people. . . . . . . . will have a much faster transmission of data, voice, broadband internet and multimedia services over a range of frequencies.
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ofokasibe: 9:41am On Mar 30, 2009
i will beat any nigerian on killer instinct 1 and 2 , !
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ajekpaks(m): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2009
All this ajebutter boiz self, make una jamisi wetin they shelle or tell me how I go take go about am, una just put ear like say una no dey hear weting I de say
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by efeski(m): 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2009
my fellow ajekpako broda
nor worry our time go come wen we go fit save money buy ps3 then join dem big fishes
me na game freak & still de manage my ps2 knowin fully well say one day ps3 price go come down
as a matter of fact i enjoy mission games & car race
e nor get d ea need4speed wey i nvr finish from hot pursuit2, most wanted, carbon & prostreet on ps2 platform
i play ps3 @ my neighbour's place but online gaming still de alien to us
anyways i need help as regards software wey go fit enable ps3 / xbox 360 discs play on pc
appreciated d much anticipated help from u good folks out there
holler
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by iukpe: 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2009
Most of the time am PC gaming online.

A-town
Yes sometimes you experience the time lag, when connection speed drops. Usually it depends on the time of the day. My best hours for online gaming are the AMs, when most of the people in town are asleep, and I am probably the only one using the broadband (impossible I think!) In the day the gameplay can drive you crazy cos you play like you have a pentium2 PC,

What happens basically is for Call of Duty4, I find it difficult to move from, one position to the other, I could return to my last position or cannot move as quickly as I want to, and eventually get shot.
For GRID race driver, I can’t explain exactly what happens but you will find some of the cars jump from one point to the other on the track, that may mean that my connection speed is quicker or vice versa.
First To Fight on PC multiplayer is smooth all the time. I always find a Good team to play cooperative mode and there is actually Good cooperation, though usually some of the bad guys out there are so so fast
I have played
Call of Duty4
Call of Duty 2
Joint Operations Typhoon Rising
Grid Race Driver.

I have never used a head set but I chat on First to Fight that is if I find time to type a message on the line of fire.
I haven’t played Need for speed most wanted online because I misplaced the Booklet that came with the game and there for couldn’t enter the Game key when requested. but I found it recently.
I will need to Try FARCRY2 soon.
PC games are full of a lot of Crap sha!

I have to retry
GTA4 PS3
Metal gear Solid4 PS3

etc etc
Its hard to find people on PC games because they are not as simple to set up like PS3

If you have a PS3 and a broad band connection, lets see if we can agree on Game and time
online.

Here are my Games

GTA4
Metal Gear Solid4
Need for speed pro street
Sega Rally revo
formula1
Medal Of Honor Airborne
Burnout Paradise
Resistance (I don’t know if this has multiplayer)

Or we simply Vote on a Game.

I don’t know how to play soccer or fighting games, but I can do well on Adventure, Combat, and Driving etc.
I can buy any Game if non in my list turn out to be popular.
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ajekpaks(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2009
efeski:

my fellow ajekpako broda
nor worry our time go come wen we go fit save money buy ps3 then join dem big fishes
me na game freak & still de manage my ps2 knowin fully well say one day ps3 price go come down
as a matter of fact i enjoy mission games & car race
e nor get d ea need4speed wey i nvr finish from hot pursuit2, most wanted, carbon & prostreet on ps2 platform
i play ps3 @ my neighbour's place but online gaming still de alien to us
anyways i need help as regards software wey go fit enable ps3 / xbox 360 discs play on pc
appreciated d much anticipated help from u good folks out there
holler

My guy na im be say you no be full fledge kpako, if not say Baba yinka get 1 ps2 and 3 ps1 I no for know how to play game, in fact, I remember when our mama dey fin us reach there with enough cain flog hell commot for our body reach house

but that one no mean say I never finish Most wanted and Lord of the rings and harry potter, I still they play Spartans, and carrace

I wish say I get neibour like you wey I fit go im house go play Ps3 (na so so nitendo and ps1 them get, even some still dey play that one wey dey follow VCD come) grin grin

But for Soccer, I never see who go fit beat me
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by init4dmoni(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2009
for all u xbox 360 (online) palyers
if your gold membership expiers just create a new xboxlive acount(it comes with a free 1 month gold membership)
as for i have the izap which WAS only really good by 3am in the morning
only 2 months after getin d gold subscription(12months + 1 grin grin) my power supply blew and ive benn stranded since den
the fifa 09 cd i had just gotten is happily rotting away while i can sit 4rm a distance and watch in horror
[sub][/sub]i had just gooten a 12month gold subscribtion (say yeah to trips abroad with your overholing(2muchmoney) fathr and boo to livin with ur stingi moda)
my father works in lagos and were in PH
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by iukpe: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2009
@init4dmoni

Sorry about your power pack. If you have confirmed that its a power pack you need, i.e. tested your console with another power pack, then I can give you a cheaper /temporary power pack solution.

That is if you are a techie and you want to play while you wait for an xbox360 replacement power pack.

Not on this forum but though, but in the Technology- Home Appliances/ Electronics And Other Repair Notes. Diy forum.
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by dakmanzero(m): 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2009
Online gaming in naija is not worth it

lag is awful regardless of the time u play

even in the middle of the night on the best links

latency is just too high since we are too far away. bandwidth doesnt mean squat. u can have 3000meg download speed and it doesnt mean shishi if the latency is high as it is

only turnbased games like poker, cards, civilisation, certain mmorpg's can be played from here, or offline online games like mirrors edge
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ndividual: 6:16pm On Apr 05, 2009
@darkmanzero - I beg to differ. Yes, the latency IS an issue. But I can't honestly complain abt the performance of my ISP. I had a session of 5 rounds of Gears of War without lag issues - straight. I download demos in a day (well, nothing's perfect). so yeah, it is worth it, though i'm not sure how many people are willing to part with 60k for that kind of connection for gaming and browsing. wink
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2009
finally, someone with some interest as myself.

iukpe, im a staunch online gamer and have so much interest in this area. although, i dont live in Nigeria i would like to know what your ambition(s) is/are. maybe we could get something rolling. i've got some ideas.

if its not too much trouble, please send me an email (check my profile for my addy)
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by KazuyaM(m): 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2009
[size=13pt]Some people are claiming to be Hardcore Gammers!! You have not seen anything yet. I am inviting anyone in Abuja for some weekend gameing at my house, who is interested We will even do some gambling to see who is the better gamer. Currently I have a PS1, PS2, and PS3, you are all welcome to bring your own consoles, as a hardcore gamer we will battle on all the consoles and gamble for money as well grin grin

Who accepts the challenge (ABUJA RESIDENTS ONLY)
[/size]
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by iukpe: 12:37am On Apr 07, 2009
@OMO IBO

I just sent you an email to confirm your ad.

What we can do is to agree on time and game someday online. I got a PS3 and a super PC.
I guess the PS3 is the quickest way to go. So lets find a game that suits majority. Anyone interested can join.
So whats your suggestion?
What kind of game do we pick?

Action, combat, racing?

I guess to Qualify, you need to have a
PS3
A copy of the game we eventually choose&
A good internet connection.

I'm in!
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 14, 2009
iukpe,

did you get my response? i've been waiting to hear from you. hope you are ok?
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by init4dmoni(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2009
in my over eagarness to play my 360 i've spoilt it beyond repair(dnt ask how)
i've given up
if deres anyone in Portharcourt who wants to BUY a fifa 09 cd on the 360
please contact me on 07034560083 ps. ive also got halo3(a little scratched) frontlines fuel of war
stuntman ignition, GRAW 2, nfs carbon over g figthers and a couple more i've forgotten
im jst gonna try and buy and new console (core edition probably) my dad's bailed on me wen i needed him most
ill sell the console to anyone who's intrested
if u need pics jst ask
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by salkemist: 2:41am On May 22, 2009
Ok, I see the online gamers in Nigeria plenty, but wht I want to knw which ISP provider is one supp to use??
cos all this talk of time lag and stuff sounds really discouraging undecided
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by init4dmoni(m): 6:44pm On May 22, 2009
jst 4 d record, i'v fixed my game tongue
anywayy i use mtn 3.5g (e170modem) but only in the night
i play halo 3 with a maximum of 4(sometimes 8 but never16) players and it doesn't lag atall
but i can never host a match
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by Jcoob: 12:09am On Jun 14, 2009
at init4dmoni.
I also use mtn 3.5g modem and xboxlive. Why don't you drop your gamertag? Mine is "ïce2not". Have most of the games you got and am guessing since were both on the same network we'll get a much better online experience without lag.
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by echowords(m): 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
CAN SOME ONE PLEASE GIVE ME A YES OR NO ANSWER. does[b] XBOXLIVE[/b] work in naija. (1)

(2) have U actually played halo 2 0r 3 on Xboxlive (mind u not online on any server but on xbox live)

been playing halo c e for the past month online but dis days i keep getting bounced from d server dude to invalid cd key.
Re: Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria. by ibro911(m): 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2009
NA LIE!!!!! Swift is effin NONSENSE.It used to be good before and I used to play GTA4 online,Street Fighter4,FIFA 08,09 but after their service has become crap and it works only sometimes when their head has touched(Orie, 4kasibe, lol).ISPs in Nigeia are CRAP now and xpensive.WE NEED A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe / Playstation 2 Dualshock Controller On PC? / PS4 Price In Nigeria Is N60,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.