Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. (6189 Views)

ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. / My Laptop Isn't Givin Me Standby/hibernate Option If Am Turning It Off Plz Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by condralbede(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
calddon:
m in enugu I might b of help 08038870188
Whr r u in Enugu ?maybe u will help me n chk mine .mine is not even powering .
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by AdekunleBalogun: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
obosirow: 1. It appears your HEATSINK is not seated properly on your processor.
2. Your processor cooling fan may not be working.
3. Your HEATSINK may not be the right size fo your pocessor; try getting a larger one especially if your processor is high frequency.
4. Ensure that the heat transfer paste that seats between you HEATSINK & PROCESSOR is well spread and not too much.

It's good that you already know its a heat problem causing the restart.
Good success.

This is the exact problem and solution to ur laptop. The heat build-up in the first place because ur system cooling-fan is not working proper and if its working properly, dat means ur processor is not well sitted on the board of ur computer or the hearsink is completely dried up. Most importantly, watch where u place ur computer e.g bed, table floor and so on. Putting ur laptop on the bed for example would cause it a great damage becos the bed will not allow for proper dissipation of heat instead will gradually build-up underneath which in a long run will cause great harm to the computer board.

1 Like

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Obinnau: Whenever my pc gets hot it just turns off and continues to do so until it has cooled down, is there a component i need to change? What should i do? Pls help me. Its really frustrating being in the middle of something and the stuff turning off.

Your processor may be bad. Meanwhile remove your RAM, test it on other system to see if it's the same.

1 Like

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by cocoduck: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
I once had a laptop that had the same problem i found out that the fan is not working so i constructed an external fan for it and the problem stopped it is the os that shuts down the laptop so as to avoid damage due to heat electronic's worst enemies are heat dust and flint in the absence of these even a chinco can run for ages without any drop in performance

1 Like

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by grandoworld: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Check the processor fan

1 Like

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by BrightCar: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
3. Your HEATSINK may not be the right size fo your pocessor; try getting a larger one especially if your processor is high frequency.
4. Ensure that the heat transfer paste that seats between you HEATSINK & PROCESSOR is well spread and not too much.

Good success.
BEST ANSWER. GET A TECHNICIAN, HE WILL TROUBLESHOOT ALL THESE AND GET IT FIXED.

1 Like

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by kayusbrown(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
If that happens only when the system heats up, then processor is overheating and that will require the service of a qualified technician to fix because the exact cause of the overheating has to be ascertained. Meanwhile, you can reduce the workload on the processor by removing heavy desktop backgrounds, gadgets and stopping some background apps or services that u don't use regularly. Also no gaming or loud music or movie for now and always ensure u place the laptop on a hard flat surface for proper cross ventilation. U can also tilt it upwards by placing a pen under it to allow cool air to flow through the base when in use. Those are temporary measures anyway. You'll need to see a technician for a permanent fix.

If however you encounter a 'Blue Screen of Death' anytime it powers off, then u have to consult a technician urgently before it crashes permanently.

2 Likes

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Rotty1234: 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
If there is a dust on the blade of your cooling fan. With this , the blade will be very heavy and it will not roll fast.
Meanwhile, if the blade does not roll very well . Then, the processor will generate more heat and the system will shut down.
Get good Engineer to loose the laptop, clean the blade and apply what we call eat sink.
If the problem persist check the following also.

.check your operating system if all the files are complete
.change your charger
.check the memory

1 Like

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Lakeshizu(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
check that the fan is working and u might think it is working, cos the fan might be turning in a different direction..... change the fan and add coolant to the processor... the coolant is just 200 naira. and stop putting ur laptop on the bed, cushion etc for long. the heat generated will affect the temperature of the key board and probably the motherboard.

1 Like

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Obinnau(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
Thanks all. It all boils down to one thing, the fan. I would check on it. For those asking, its a hp mini. I even reloaded the os to windows 7 thinking thats the cause but i have known better.
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by cyprianlah(m): 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Na ur board o, dats common wit intel processor
wich do u use, INTEL OR AMD?
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by alphawg(m): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
neroysc:

This is my area of specialty, It's the heat sink that is causing the problem, the thermal paste within the heat sink must have completely dried out, which is causing the fan not to run properly thereby making the PC overheat which results to the PC shutdown..
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Ark111: 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
checkiez: I experienced a similar thing on a desktop pc sometime ago. After working for few minutes, the temperature becomes too hot. I opened it up, blew out the dust on the heat sink and cooling fan and the problem was fixed.
I did the same thing when I experience similar problem last month and since then the laptop had no issues.
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by msbyao: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
@Op, did you install any software recently before this started? If Yes, You might need to uninstall the software. This is from experience.
It was an anitivirus in my case.
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by gameboi: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
* Most systems have a default setting in the BIOS that allows for the shut-down of the computer If the system temperature goes above normal(i.e the default temp.). So changing the settings might do.
* Also, changing the processor fan might as well solve the problem.
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by NaLaugh: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
I think your village people are responsible
cheesy

So before they are done with the 'mission', make sure you back up all your important files to an external hard drive to avoid future regret.
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by adedayodamilola: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
place ur system on a bag of purewater
it will never get hot again. this is what i do when am charging or using it
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
Your PC is obviously having an overheating problem!

Good success.
Best advice!
Take your laptop to an engineer!
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Kereokwu(f): 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
pls how do i open my laptop, ie what size of screw driver do i buy in other to open my laptop?
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Obinnau: Whenever my pc gets hot it just turns off and continues to do so until it has cooled down, is there a component i need to change? What should i do? Pls help me. Its really frustrating being in the middle of something and the stuff turning off.
ur vga needs reballing,im guessing its a hp with an nvidia video card,bad news is d fix is temporary!
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by GoodFaith: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
Get a new fan for the PC
Your fan is working doesn't mean it is good
You need a new fan
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by hammedkola(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
If its INTEL, make sure your fan is working properly or else, if its AMD...forget it, Case closed
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by dnte(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
...... THERMAL SHUTDOWN...... SMTIN MUST B BLOCKING D COOLING VENT
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by ceejay80s(m): 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Buy AC
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by johndavid1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2013

Good success.
Ur very correct dats d problem its from the processor once it gets hot d pc automatically shuts down itself so d processor don't go burnt. Its even better its not an AMD
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by ArihiChimezie(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
THE PROCESSOR FAN IS BAD CHECK IT
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by MillionDollars: 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
go check out the cooling fan, processor or zinc. Any of which!
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by ArihiChimezie(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
THE PROCESSOR FAN IS BAD CHECK IT or REMOVE THE MOTHERBOARD THEN USE BRUSH AND CLEAN IT
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by kpolli(m): 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
PC 101, Your fan is no more working, change it
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by dragnet: 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2013

Good success.
[size=19pt]WORST ANSWER SO FAR[/size]

how did you conclude his heat sink "appears not to be seated properly" or "not the right size" ?? did he change heat sink?
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by dragnet: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
neroysc:

This is my area of specialty, It's the heat sink that is causing the problem, the thermal paste within the heat sink must have completely dried out, which is causing the fan not to run properly thereby making the PC overheat which results to the PC shutdown..
[size=19pt] NEAR PERFECT DIAGNOSIS [/size]
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by JIkaba(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
ur PC needs a Radiator ASAP!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Debunking The 6 Biggest Myths About ‘technology Addiction' / Announcing Google Nigeria / Only 14 Nigerians Are CCIE Certified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.