Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. (6188 Views)

ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. / My Laptop Isn't Givin Me Standby/hibernate Option If Am Turning It Off Plz Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
The cooling fan may have stopped working. It is quite easy to find out if the cooling fan is still operational because you would always hear the spinning sound once you turn on your pc. Place your ear next to the vents, you should hear it spinning.

If your PC turns itself off because the fan is no more working, stop turning it on any more until it is repaired otherwise you risk frying the motherboard or explosion.
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by dragnet: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
Obinnau: Whenever my pc gets hot it just turns off and continues to do so until it has cooled down, is there a component i need to change? What should i do? Pls help me. Its really frustrating being in the middle of something and the stuff turning off.

definitely caused by overheating, likely causes are blocked vents, caked thermal paste of bad fan.
put your hand near the vents and feel the air leaving the vents,....does the air leave in trickles or "massively" ?
does your fan give a normal whirling sound or does it produce a loud sound like that of a car radiator?
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by XLR8(m): 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ahn ahn..nxt tym it does that..SHOWER FOR AM..we don hit dry,hot season
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by eseosa77(m): 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
My own compaq does d same thing .this is ur solution,raise the front about 2 inches high from ur table and support it.to alow the fan to blow out the hot air easily.
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by emmabest2000(m): 5:53am On Dec 04, 2013
kayusbrown: If that happens only when the system heats up, then processor is overheating and that will require the service of a qualified technician to fix because the exact cause of the overheating has to be ascertained. Meanwhile, you can reduce the workload on the processor by removing heavy desktop backgrounds, gadgets and stopping some background apps or services that u don't use regularly. Also no gaming or loud music or movie for now and always ensure u place the laptop on a hard flat surface for proper cross ventilation. U can also tilt it upwards by placing a pen under it to allow cool air to flow through the base when in use. Those are temporary measures anyway. You'll need to see a technician for a permanent fix.

If however you encounter a 'Blue Screen of Death' anytime it powers off, then u have to consult a technician urgently before it crashes permanently.
you got point there
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Obinnau(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2013
dragnet:

definitely caused by overheating, likely causes are blocked vents, caked thermal paste of bad fan.
put your hand near the vents and feel the air leaving the vents,....does the air leave in trickles or "massively" ?
does your fan give a normal whirling sound or does it produce a loud sound like that of a car radiator?
it leaves in trickles and gives a normal whirring sound.
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 04, 2013
loose the pc, and dust the fan, blow it with a hair blower if you can get one.... its normally caused by blockage of the fan...
Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by dragnet: 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Obinnau: it leaves in trickles and gives a normal whirring sound.
then I guess your vents may be blocked. If you can disassemble it, do so or get an air blower blow off the dust

1 Like

Re: PC Turning Off When It's Hot. HELP. by oabusewa: 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
After a long time usage my hp pavilon just stop to display immediately i finish watching a copied film on it.It was on with caplock light blinking continuosly but not display.pls what can i do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Debunking The 6 Biggest Myths About ‘technology Addiction' / Announcing Google Nigeria / Only 14 Nigerians Are CCIE Certified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.