Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,456 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record (13897 Views)

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by ejifranks(m): 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
hope the cinemas will show it.... me wanna watch it... smiley smiley

In other news

Enjoy new GO and DIE music!! jam of life

https://www.nairaland.com/1541612/new-music-go-die-tne

http:///ubig3el2jbb4
Sweet music
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
hmm already profiting from his death. well dayumm. the evil that men do
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
speedyboi: And I used to think movies gross more in south Africa undecided

There's almost no difference between the highest movie in Nigeria with few cinemas and South Africa with many of cinemas.

LOL, Trust nigerians to compete about who gets looted most. Where is the money from cinemas going to? Think brother, think. Lets stop competing about petyness but how best can we represent our countries in what counts!
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
chykmoni: Heaven itself will be confused rejoicing because a great leader has arrived!
smiley
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by moshino(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2013

There's almost no difference between the highest movie in Nigeria with few cinemas and South Africa with many of cinemas.

Can you please tell me which Nollywood movie grossed half of that amount in it's 'OPENING WEEK', bearing in mind that there's NO 'honest' yardstick in Nigeria for measuring the truth, especially regarding anything 'Nollywood'.
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by adconline(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Samoranopapa: Pls where can I download dis film cos have been finding it
U have to pay for it.
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
adebayogates:
first thing first,F.O.E
but some expressions are better left unsaid..
If you think he died long ago,then i should put to your notice that the movie has been released almost two weeks now.

And boosting a movie with such news, haba...you actually don't have the slightest idea of who Madiba is or what his status portrays.

Actually the movie has been cancelled at the box office in South Africa today. The Sing guy said so on the news. They felt its the right thing to do. But will resume again from tommorow.
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by IAMBREEZY: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nice i would love to watch the movie.
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Samoranopapa(m): 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
. Ope ooooo I be first the first person wey him comment go be first on FP 4 NL in my family......thanks givin tins on sunday
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Samoranopapa(m): 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
adconline:
U have to pay for it.
okay no prob I will go watch it @ cinema house
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
BluIvy:

LOL, Trust nigerians to compete about who gets looted most. Where is the money from cinemas going to? Think brother, think. Lets stop competing about petyness but how best can we represent our countries in what counts!
What are you saying? undecided

moshino:

Can you please tell me which Nollywood movie grossed half of that amount in it's 'OPENING WEEK', bearing in mind that there's NO 'honest' yardstick in Nigeria for measuring the truth, especially regarding anything 'Nollywood'.
Who is talking about movie? Are you lost?
Abeg shut up next time when you don't understand a post undecided
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by moshino(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
speedyboi:
What are you saying? undecided

Who is talking about movie? Are you lost?

Another wasted bullet! Evidence of the collapse of Nigeria's educational system. and common sense. What a pity, what a waste!
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nonybb: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
South Africa white masters did the inner needful job on madiba. They waited for the movie to be concluded before switching OFF his breathing pipe and make a million bucks out of the old timer. Wait for the unofficial stories behide this mystery and timing of SA WHITE MASTERS
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2013

Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by adconline(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nonybb: South Africa white masters did the inner needful job on madiba. They waited for the movie to be concluded before switching OFF his breathing pipe and make a million bucks out of the old timer. Wait for the unofficial stories behide this mystery and timing of SA WHITE MASTERS
Conspiracy theorist on expired crack!

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
moshino:

Another wasted bullet! Evidence of the collapse of Nigeria's educational system. and common sense. What a pity, what a waste!

Indeed! typical!
We are talking about South africa and Nigeria's box office, and you came here with your nollywood movie talk. Which among us appear to be from a collapsed educational system? If you actually studied outside the country, you are an example of the reasons I will continue to thank my Dad for bringing me to my country early enough to enjoy part of the 'Collapsed' educational system smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.

And as a typical Nigerian would do, 'abuse' when you've got no tangible reply or too ashamed to say you were wrong. And the enjoyable thing about it all is that; you always end up disgracing yourself the more grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by NadiaSA1(f): 6:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nonybb: South Africa white masters did the inner needful job on madiba. They waited for the movie to be concluded before switching OFF his breathing pipe and make a million bucks out of the old timer. Wait for the unofficial stories behide this mystery and timing of SA WHITE MASTERS
stupi.d mumutic little boy!!

C ur life
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Akiika: 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
At the movie theater......awufe!
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by RSAMAN(m): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
wasn't this topic in the movies forum? How did get here because i've been looking for it like forever.
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Etisalat bis blazing on android...
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by moshino(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
speedyboi:

Indeed! typical!
We are talking about South africa and Nigeria's box office, and you came here with your nollywood movie talk. Which among us appear to be from a collapse educational system? If you actually studied outside the country, you are an example of the reasons I will continue to thank my Dad for bringing me to my country early enough to enjoy part of the 'Collapsed' educational system smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.

And as a typical Nigerian would do, 'abuse' when you've got no tangible reply or too ashamed to say you were wrong. And the enjoyable thing about it all is that; you always end up disgracing yourself the more grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Rather than continually exposing your pedestal ignorance, why not just review your first post that was the subject of my initial response, educate me on the wide disparity you referenced, then we'll go from there. And btw, the 'abuse' came from you first, go and look!
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Horus(m): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uag13Ja33SY

Nelson Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom - Official Trailer (HD) Idris Elba
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
moshino:

Rather than continually exposing your pedestal ignorance, why not just review your first post that was the subject of my initial response. educate me on the wide disparity you referenced, then we'll go from there.

There's almost no difference between the highest movie in Nigeria with few cinemas and South Africa with many cinemas.
So how does this have anything to do with Nollywood movies? You are really confused!
And wetin be 'pedestal ignorance' abeg? grin grin grin

moshino: And btw, the 'abuse' came from you first, go and look!
speedyboi: Who is talking about movie? Are you lost?
So that's the definition of abuse you were given in the roadside UK or where ever school you attended? undecided Interesting! smiley smiley

And like seriously? You wanted to do ITK and correct grammar grin grin grin grin. So you changed this:
'Which among us appear to be from a collapsed educational system?' TO THIS:
'Which among us appear to be from a collapse educational system?'
Are you for real? Did you even attend any school at all?

I already told you; people like you always end up disgracing themselves to the ultimate point. I've seen enough of your type on Nairaland already to know you are heading in the same direction. I'm expecting your reply! wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

btw, lemme let you in on a secret! There are actually mistakes in that statement you corrected-that were made due to haste; 'appear' should be 'appears'.....and I can't believe I wrote 'Among' instead of just 'OF' embarassed embarassed embarassed...Jesu Kristi, It's good to proof-read ooo! So look well next time so as not to ridicule yourself....who knows, after 20 minutes of scrutinization you might eventually spot a grammatical or typographical error grin grin grin grin.
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by moshino(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
speedyboi:

So how does this have anything to do with Nollywood movies? You are really confused!
And wetin be 'pedestal ignorance' abeg? grin grin grin

So that's the definition of abuse you were given in the roadside UK or where ever school you attended? undecided Interesting! smiley smiley

And like seriously? You wanted to do ITK and correct grammar grin grin grin grin. So you changed this:
'Which among us appear to be from a collapsed educational system?' TO THIS:
'Which among us appear to be from a collapse educational system?'
Are you for real? Did you even attend any school at all?

I already told you; people like you always end up disgracing themselves to the ultimate point. I've seen enough of your type on Nairaland already to know you are heading in the same direction. I'm expecting your reply! wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

btw, lemme let you in on a secret! There are actually mistakes in that statement you corrected-that were made due to haste; 'appear' should be 'appears'.....and I can't believe I wrote 'Among' instead of just 'OF' embarassed embarassed embarassed...Jesu Kristi, It's good to proof-read ooo! So look well next time so as not to ridicule yourself....who knows, after 20 minutes of scrutinization you might eventually spot a grammatical or typographical error grin grin grin grin.

I did NOT change anything you wrote, I merely highlighted what you wrote. It'll take a whole day to correct and educate you. Besides, it'll be a total waste of precious time, because you do not have the capacity to comprehend anything. You're way out of your league, I'm done with you kid!
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by nijanigga: 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
speedyboi:

That would've been a good point if we have cinemas across Nigeria!

South Africa has cinemas spread across the country! Nigeria on the other hand has few cinemas limited to few cities (not even upto 1/10th of the total number of cities we have in Nigeria). So technically, the total population of South Africans who have access to the cinemas is more than total population of Nigerians who have access to the cinemas.

I know south Africans also have problems of cultivating cinema culture. But it's worse than I thought.
I hope by the time we have more than enough cinemas in the country we would be grossing Millions and leave 400,000 group
Be ware of book haram.
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mandela: greater than Jesus

1 Like

Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
adconline:
Conspiracy theorist on expired crack!

Bwahaha... The dude didn't read the expiry date on the wrapper before smoking the sh*t! Hahaha...

Yo men! I gat sum sh*t into ma brain,bro! Hahaha... cool cool cool

#all4expiredcrack!
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by ronalmagic10(m): 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
jimie: Sorry to digress but i believe that Madiba was dead long ago. His death coincides with the release of the movie perhaps to garner box-office success?

U tink say madiba na nigerian man. Hw can u insinuate such nonsense!! correct urself sharply
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
moshino:

I did NOT change anything you wrote, I merely highlighted what you wrote. It'll take a whole day to correct and educate you. Besides, it'll be a total waste of precious time, because you do not have the capacity to comprehend anything. You're way out of your league, I'm done with you kid!

I didn't expect anything less! smiley smiley smiley...now shuuu...before you further embarrass yourself with your 'Pedestal' posts grin
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Samoranopapa(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Akiika:
At the movie theater......awufe!
abi naw who no lyk Awuf ?
Re: Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 07, 2013
Etisalat bis on android now don't dull oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol / Judge Rules Trump Defrauded Banks, Insurers While Building Real Estate Empire / Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg Considering A Run For President In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.