Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,985 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? (10850 Views)

Foluke Daramola Salako Dazzles In Makeover Portraits (photos) / Foluke Daramola-salako Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos / Foluke Daramola Weds Kayode-Salako At The Registry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by DeepZone: 1:17am On Jul 25, 2008
The Founding Pastor of the Household of God, Reverend Kris Okotie, has finally put an end to the speculations surrounding the woman he wants to marry. The funky preacher and presidential candidate of Fresh Democratic Party (FDP), during the April 2007 election told his church members that he will be getting married to Stephanie Henshaw, a widow and mother of three children.

In the course of making the announcement yesterday, Okotie also attributed his defeat at the April 2007 presidential polls to Satan. He said: “Do you know what it takes to be the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? Can you explain why Obasanjo did not just leave Aso Rock despite all the opposition?

“This world is ruled by the forces of darkness. The world is ruled by Satan. He decides who rules. Those people make sure that their people are in power.”

The 49-year old musician turned pastor told he congregation at his church in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos, that he will marry Stephanie because she is beautiful and his friend.

He said he did not want to go into details to prevent the press from having a field day.

Meanwhile, Okotie has sacked, Ms. Sola Salako, the church administrator for undisclosed reasons.

Ms. Salako told in church said that contrary to insinuations that she had resigned, she was sacked by Okotie. “I’m no more working with them. Pastor has restructured the church and decided that I am no longer in the team,” Sola said.

Reports said since Ms. Salako came back from the United States, she has not been attending church regularly. Besides, she no longer visits Okotie’s office.

She, however, said all is well, adding that she has not left the church.

“Don’t believe all the things that you read in the papers; all of them are not true. I’m still here, all is well,” she added.

It was gathered that before her sack, Sola Salako had been the church’s administrator for many years and had no problem with Okotie.

But problems allegedly started when Okotie told her that she was not going to be his wife.

http://www.enownow.com//Index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1196705158&archive=&start_from=&ucat=9&
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by DeepZone: 1:18am On Jul 25, 2008
After years of leading Sola on and possibly browsing her, he went ahead to choose another woman. Men!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by DeepZone: 1:21am On Jul 25, 2008
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by HCH3COO: 1:22am On Jul 25, 2008
lipsrsealed Is she
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:23am On Jul 25, 2008
This thread already exists.

FINALLY REV. OKOTIE SET TO REMARRY

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=98567.msg2553746#msg2553746
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by A40(m): 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2008
Haah please dont blame the man if that woman in that pic is anything to go by then i dont think he made such a bad choice.A million men would leave their wives for that hottie shocked
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2008
A-40:

Haah please don't blame the man if that woman in that pic is anything to go by then i don't think he made such a bad choice.A million men would leave their wives for that hottie shocked

Cute. Nigeria does have a large variety of beauties!
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by DeepZone: 6:41am On Jul 29, 2008
Haah please don't blame the man if that woman in that pic is anything to go by then i don't think he made such a bad choice.A million men would leave their wives for that hottie
A million men with no morals abi? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Will you leave your girlfriend or wife for that woman? Yes or No?
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by Pataki: 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2008
If you were to be my wife YES I will.
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by A40(m): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2008
@michelin89
Word!! You girls are aiight

@DeepZone
I am really tempted to answer your question but Naah i wont.Morals my ebony ass what i stated was fact
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by tpia: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2008
the moral of this story is: don't let a man keep leading you on for donkey years without marriage.  Regardless if he's a minister for the past fifty years, an average casanova, or in between both extremes.

If he keeps dodging the issue, dump him. undecided  Before he dumps you, that is.
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:24pm On Jul 29, 2008
tpia:

the moral of this story is: don't let a man keep leading you on for donkey years without marriage.  Regardless if he's a minister for the past fifty years, an average casanova, or in between both extremes.

If he keeps dodging the issue, dump him. undecided  Before he dumps you, that is.

Simple!!!!!!

I think 2 years is enough to parambulate round the marriage issue . , . . . . . . . in fact . . . . . . . I think it should be a year and a half
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by debosky(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2008
@ tpia

I agree - but who knows? Maybe the woman was the one forcing the marriage thing down his throat and he finally got the guts to tell her it wasn't going to happen.

Women like Deep Fart are so quick to make it the man'sw fault, but I bet there are many women throwing themselves at Pastor Chris, whether he wanted them or not, and many of them may interpret a simple hug or smile or hi to mean 'ah he has smiled at me - he obviously wants to marry me!'

My close friend has experienced the same, and after reluctantly going out with the girl for 3 months (no sex) he realised his error and broke up with her. . . . 2 years down the line, the silly girl still tells people how hurt she is by the break up.
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by A40(m): 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
debosky:

@ tpia

I agree - but who knows? Maybe the woman was the one forcing the marriage thing down his throat and he finally got the guts to tell her it wasn't going to happen.

Women like Deep Fart are so quick to make it the man'sw fault, but I bet there are many women throwing themselves at Pastor Chris, whether he wanted them or not, and many of them may interpret a simple hug or smile or hi to mean 'ah he has smiled at me - he obviously wants to marry me!'

My close friend has experienced the same, and after reluctantly going out with the girl for 3 months (no sex) he realised his error and broke up with her. . . . 2 years down the line, the silly girl still tells people how hurt she is by the break up.
These girls are always quick to misinterpret gestures especially the desparate ones that are probably looking for a husband to chain
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by DeepZone: 8:18am On Aug 02, 2008
the moral of this story is: don't let a man keep leading you on for donkey years without marriage. Regardless if he's a minister for the past fifty years, an average casanova, or in between both extremes.

If he keeps dodging the issue, dump him. Undecided Before he dumps you, that is.

Yep; Dump him after 7 months and move on.
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by Joseph6(m): 8:38am On Aug 02, 2008
why shld a pretty lady like dis be unmarried pls i wont leave myself 4 her dangerous
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by tpia: 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2008
A-40:

These girls are always quick to misinterpret gestures especially the desparate ones that are probably looking for a husband to chain

haba- which gestures are they misinterpreting nah?

The "I love you", " I don't know how I'd manage without you" " I don't know what I'd do without you", the soulful gazing into her eyes, the taking her to meet friends, relatives and colleagues, hanging out together at her place or on numerous occasions to name just a few?
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by A40(m): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2008
tpia:

haba- which gestures are they misinterpreting nah?

The "I love you", " I don't know how I'd manage without you" " I don't know what I'd do without you", the soulful gazing into her eyes, the taking her to meet friends, relatives and colleagues, hanging out together at her place or on numerous occasions to name just a few?

Do we say that all the time? arent there instances where the girl is simply throwing herself and stalking the boy
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by tpia: 11:43pm On Aug 03, 2008
A-40:

arent there instances where the girl is simply throwing herself and stalking the boy

well yeah, but not all the time.

Women are generally more vulnerable than men when it comes to matters of the heart.
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by A40(m): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2008
@tpia
I agree girls love with their hearts more than their heads but sometimes they just over-do it
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by DeepZone: 2:23am On Aug 06, 2008
Women are generally more vulnerable than men when it comes to matters of the heart.

Yea, those women that still suffer from emotional shelf syndrome. undecided undecided
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by Afribiz(f): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2008
Joseph6:

why shld a pretty lady like this be unmarried please i wont leave myself 4 her dangerous

She was married, but now a widow, with 3 children.
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by mystics(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2009
I have this question. Clearly Pastor Chris is not yet married to this beauty. Are they waiting to get married before they have sex cos the bible which i so believe in and pastor Chris preaches says that we should not have sex outside of marriage. Am just being curious oh.
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by snazzydawn(f): 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
haba which planet are you dropping from? they got married sinceeeeee!!!
Re: Why Did Kris Okotie Dump Sola Salako? by dani1luv: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
Hmmn

All of you just dey return from planet pluto ni. .
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Who Said Mercy Johnson Is Not Beautiful? See Photos Guys Prepare To Faint / Sabina Altynbekova, The Volleyball Player That Is Turning Heads All Over. / Arnold Schwarzeneger's Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.