Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Sending International Parcel Via Nipost - A Big Disaster. Watch !!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sending International Parcel Via Nipost - A Big Disaster. Watch !!! (2660 Views)

Siblings Burnt In Osogbo Petrol Station Fire Disaster / Do You Remember Sending Files Like This ( Photo) / Pics:what Could Have Been A Disaster Was Averted 30 Mins Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sending International Parcel Via Nipost - A Big Disaster. Watch !!! by Validated: 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
The NIPOST is a disaster when it comes to sending parcel outside the shores of this country. I am currently facing a bitter experience after I sent a parcel to Canada since November 1, 2013. I used NIPOST because I was sending food stuff and some other items to my family in Canada. As I will be going over there and I felt that I could lighten my luggage by sending some items in advance. My parcel was handed over to the NIPOST team at Ikeja General Post Office. They had promised me that the parcel will get to Canada in eight days. As I write, 23 days after, the parcel has not been delivered.

The biggest challenge is that the NIPOST officials in Nigeria keep lying about the whereabout of the items. I have been to the International Postal Office at NAHCO shed all to no avail. I have done all I could; called their Customer care, who are so rude and always giving excuses that the network is down. It is either there is NO LIGHT or NETWORK IS SLOW, etc. They are not serious there.

As a last resort, I contacted Canada Post and online chat confirm the following gory details to me:

i. Parcel I delivered to NIPOST on 01/11/2013 was actually shipped on 13/11/2013
ii. Contrary to NIPOST claims that parcels are air-freighted, they are actually sea-freighted
iii. Contrary to the 8 days assured, Canada Post indicated that parcel would take over four - six weeks to deliver

My challenges are that some of the things I packed inside the parcel would go bad due to dampness and the delay in delivery.

Have you experienced same? What did you do? Can I sue NIPOST? I need honest advice as I am sure that these people must have lost many parcels in the past. If you have been affected, you can also contribute.
Re: Sending International Parcel Via Nipost - A Big Disaster. Watch !!! by whirlwind7(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sorry about this misfortune.

Dont know why you opted to use NIPOST service. I wouldnt trust NIPOST to deliver a letter within Lagos on time, much less an international delivery of a parcel containing perishable items.

I've had few a dealings with them in the past, all of whose outcome were quite disgusting.
Like every institution run by the federal govt, it needs a complete overhauling.
Re: Sending International Parcel Via Nipost - A Big Disaster. Watch !!! by henrychubayo: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sorry guys but I actually have a different opinion to these. I saw great changes in Nipost. I really applaud them. I did experience a surprise. Nipost got my mails to overseas exactly 7 days for several times. They airlift the parcels thru plane and not ship. The problem is if u want to post, plz try the head office of that state u re residing. Many of the offices in local places have lazy workers who don't care. They can take some days to shift it to the head office which will send to Lagos head office for final compilation before dispatching it to various countries. Nipost is working hard now.
Re: Sending International Parcel Via Nipost - A Big Disaster. Watch !!! by worthycrown: 11:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hello, please i am in a big mess now. Experiecing same thing now. Please what did you do? Did you sue them? How? Did you get the goods? my mum sent important items to me since march 4th 2015 via EMS which is even a courier service. Goods we cant find, track and all i have been told are lies. once, they had said the goods was in Finland already. I called our post office and it was all lies. What can i do please?
Re: Sending International Parcel Via Nipost - A Big Disaster. Watch !!! by lucas059: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Are you in need of a loan? Have you been turned down by the banks or do you have a bad credit then worry no more as we render loan at 3% interest rate. Call us on 08093502574 or Email us today on lucasfranklyn059@gmail.com and get your loan today

(1) (Reply)

Underfriend? / China Again??? What Is This Thing Between China And Scary Rock Climbing! / Oh! Dear,see How Lion Hunt Down It,s Prey Beside Tourist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.